Things I noticed about school.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
ToxikFox On December 14, 2010

Albany, New York
#16New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 20:08:48
@ToxikFox Said

"A prospective student seeking admission to any Bachelor degree program (except Game Art & Design and Media Arts & Animation, see special enrollment requirements below) at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh must be a high school graduate with a minimum high school GPA of 2.0, or hold a General Education Development certificate (GED) with the numeric score equivalent to at least a 2.0 GPA, or an Associate degree as a prerequisite for admission."

I need to learn these things regardless of my complaints. Y'all act as though I intend to drop out.

This is just a discussion on how pointless a lot of these things are. (Depending on your career choice.)

Woop, didn't get the whole thing.

"A prospective student seeking enrollment to any Associate degree or diploma programs at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh must be a high school graduate with a minimum high school GPA of 1.5, or hold a General Education Development certificate (GED) with the numeric score equivalent to at least a 1.5 GPA, or an Associate degree as a prerequisite for admission."
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 20:18:55
@ToxikFox Said

-Teachers that seem to hate kids...You picked the wrong job. Seriously.

No they don't they hate bratty unrully kids that disrupt the class

@ToxikFox Said
-Most of the crap we learn in school would only be useful if we all wanted to be Civil Engineers or something.

every one wants to be something oother than a bum

@ToxikFox Said
I really don't need algebra in my daily life. I may have to solve for x, but not in an equation-form.

yes you do.

@ToxikFox Said
We should be learning basic daily-use math, English, maybe some form of History, and basic sciences.

You cannot get anywhere with just basic maths and english

@ToxikFox Said
We really don't need calculus and trigonometry as much as schools seem to think.

yes you do.

@ToxikFox Said
Such classes should be for those who know what they want for a career, or they should take them as part of a college course.

No they shouldnt.

@ToxikFox Said
The board of education is shoving information down our throats that most of us will NEVER get the opportunity to use.

You never know when you will use the information si di not class it as rubbish

@ToxikFox Said
They're wasting valuable time and money. You're paying teachers to feed these kids information they really won't ever need.

If you want a good job then you need it.

Albany, New York
#18New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 20:22:48
@Delta62 Said

yes you do.

yes you do.

No they shouldnt.

Do I sense a huge case of butthurt? This isn't a serious conversation, it's just open for polite, non-argumentative discussion.

Relax.

I'm imagining you're probably 50 years old, one of those people who thinks everything about the government and education is perfect and doesn't want to stand up for themselves.

Just a thought.

Albany, New York
#19New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 20:23:35
@Delta62 Said

yes you do.

yes you do.

No they shouldnt.

Also, I hate the bratty unruly kids you speak of, just as much as my teachers. But even the studious kids where I attend get the a** end of everything.
Natural asshole

#20New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 20:29:42
@ToxikFox Said

Do I sense a huge case of butthurt? This isn't a serious conversation, it's just open for polite, non-argumentative discussion.

Relax.

I'm imagining you're probably 50 years old, one of those people who thinks everything about the government and education is perfect and doesn't want to stand up for themselves.

Just a thought.

21, stating the facts of life. not everything with the current government and education system is perfect there could be improvements.

@ToxikFox Said

Also, I hate the bratty unruly kids you speak of, just as much as my teachers. But even the studious kids where I attend get the a** end of everything.

Then try and go study somewhere else like a library it is what i would do.

Albany, New York
#21New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 20:33:52
@Delta62 Said

21, stating the facts of life. not everything with the current government and education system is perfect there could be improvements.

Then try and go study somewhere else like a library it is what i would do.

I do go to the library, but I'm talking about in class. The most focused and intelligent kids still get b****ed at by the teachers at our Hell-hole of a high school.
Natural asshole

#22New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 20:42:23
@ToxikFox Said

I do go to the library, but I'm talking about in class. The most focused and intelligent kids still get b****ed at by the teachers at our Hell-hole of a high school.

At my old high school we used to make the substitute teachers cry
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#23New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 21:05:35
@ToxikFox Said

"A prospective student seeking admission to any Bachelor degree program (except Game Art & Design and Media Arts & Animation, see special enrollment requirements below) at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh must be a high school graduate with a minimum high school GPA of 2.0, or hold a General Education Development certificate (GED) with the numeric score equivalent to at least a 2.0 GPA, or an Associate degree as a prerequisite for admission."

I need to learn these things regardless of my complaints. Y'all act as though I intend to drop out.

This is just a discussion on how pointless a lot of these things are. (Depending on your career choice.)

No, I was just wondering...I had no intention to even think that you were planning on dropping out.
jisu1234 On April 22, 2011

chino hills, California
#24New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 01:36:25
School may teach pointlessly useless subjects, but it's just a way to prepare you to study for your own different subjects you will take in college. I agree though, in how they teach you needless stuff in which you will probably not use in your life.

Also with your thoughts on teachers that do not like teaching, i think it is outrageous that principles let those kind of people even register to be a teacher at the schools, whats the point of having a person that does not like doing their job? its bad for both the student AND the teacher.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#25New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 02:13:43
I'll agree with you on the way teachers come across. There is a lot of teacher burnout, it not what most of them think it will be when they get into it, and it is hard work. They make less than other people with similar education (except me of course, I make less than them. ) but otherwise, there are uses for what you are studying.

If nothing else, geometry proofs teach you how to make great forum arguments.

And college is more fun than high school so hang in there, and don't become a teacher
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 04:11:43
What do you propose they teach in the time slots then?

They are trying to set you up for the future, you MIGHT never use the skills again, but then again you might. They can't teach every person something different, depending on what they want to do in the future, if they know.

It's also about proving you have a certain level of skill, you may never have to use those techniques again, but proving you CAN shows that you have the ability to learn at a certain level.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs