The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Going in for blow number 2...Do some people NEVER learn????

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#1New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 07:50:07
Ok i dont know these people personally but it's something that got me thinking.

My mother has a male friend who is 41 and single. He was with a girl about 10 years ago and he dumped her to be with another woman, this other woman was a gold digger, took him for a ride for all his wealth and then dumped him in the ditch. Well 10 years later he has called up his ex (the one he dumped) and wants her back.

Like i said i dont know either one of them personally and of couse my mother is taking his side and supporting him since she is his friend but i really feel for his ex.

She went over to spend some time with him (they live in different states now) she is single but now has a child from a previous relationship and is thinknig about giving him a second chance, although understandably she is hesitant as she describes in her own words "he hurt me a lot"

Why on earth would she even consider giving him another chance after what he did to her? And i cant help but think the only reason he is asking for her back is because the other girl he had left him high and dry and he has had MAJOR troubles finding/getting/keeping a girl. I cant help but think of the hurt he is going to cause her child should she allow him back into her life and then dump/leave her again.

What is it with some women? Dont they value themselves enough to allow someone like this man back into their life?

Isnt she just setting herself up for blow number 2 and be a stand in substitute until something better comes along?

WHAt are your thoughtS?
unluckysurprise On March 05, 2010

Nottingham, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 18:04:27
love is one of the most powerful emotions and if she remembers the times she spent with him, and remembers the happiness then she will want to get back with him. that's why in such amazing relationships where one cheats on another but because they were so in love then end up back together and other examples like that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs