Harder now than back then?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#61New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:28:59
I dont think they have.. when i was young i swimmed in rivers, played football all day.. built tree houses.... today all i see is yobish action, control of education which has been mde easy.. via spoon feeding them.. they havent a clue how to work, and i noticed they are not prepared for the wide world at all... I left school and home at 16 and worked for the MOD..
sexmachine21 On June 10, 2008

savannah, Georgia
#62New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:29:27
i dont know what i would do without all the technology, i love it
thebear On July 12, 2011

, Singapore
#63New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:30:26
i dunno.. i was so happy running around the overgrown area (those things are
rare these days), catching guppies in the drains, spiders, dragonflies and all
that...

playing kickabout with the neighbourhood kids..

these days, they're indoors with their PCs...

i wonder.. who had it better?
mosthauntedlover On March 18, 2016

My House, Ohio
#64New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:36:03
Well i'm not sure because i am a teenager but sometimes i wish that we didn't have all this technology because when my parents were little they were always outside and had a lot more imagination. I'm not saying us teenagers now don't but when i go outside if i'm not with someone or if i don't have like a sport to play or something i'm completely bored. That's just my opinion.
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#65New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:38:26
I think I had/have the best of both worlds. All the things you grown folk talk about doing when you were kids are things I use to do when I was younger and occasionally still do.

But I'd say I'm still pretty dependant on my technology too. Trust me though I still prefer a simpler life as you guys described. I think both worlds have there drawbacks.
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#66New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:38:55
well since I'm sort of a teen...

I've had problems getting a job.. I mean I just got my first job a month ago.. and I started searching and applying for jobs in my freshman year in high school... it's really hard to get a job... at least for me it was...

I haven't really had the luxury of all the newest technology... so I don't know if that would have made it easier or not....

I think it depends on all the hard stuff your family has gone through really makes the difference between if you've had a hard life or not....

I mean there are some kids (in high school) that complained that they had a hard life (though they had all the latest technology and a bike that was $200) and I would get really annoyed with them..
cause I've been through 20-some surgeries, my mom has ton of medical problems (brain tumor, depression, etc.) and she almost killed herself... and these kids are complaining that they have a hard life??

but then that's trying to make yourself seem more worse than the next person....

I think the generations before me have had it a little easier...
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:47:18
@thebear Said
i dunno.. i was so happy running around the overgrown area (those things are
rare these days), catching guppies in the drains, spiders, dragonflies and all
that...

playing kickabout with the neighbourhood kids..

these days, they're indoors with their PCs...

i wonder.. who had it better?
see thats what i'm thinking, life was simpler when i was younger, i was never in and when i was out there was never a bus stop in sight it was football, chap door run, swimming, youth clubs, playing with my mates, now all the kids seem to worry about is clothes, hair, mobile phones etc, they are stuck in the house on MSN or texting moaning that their little lives are hard. I think we had it easier 10/15 years ago, i'd hate to be a kid these days
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#68New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 18:02:25
im not sure it was simpler even in my day some kids were television addicts they never wanted to climb trees or play soccer. now they have a greater choice but from what i see most of them sound miserable and self obsesed and i can understand that to some extent at 17/18 but not at 14. teenagers always have had teenage angst and felt they were the only ones to have deep feelings but now its a fashion to be miserable or have difficulty with sexuality. well kids get used to the doubt and not knowing coz youve a lifetime of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs