Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

elder abuse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rylee On August 15, 2008

, Massachusetts
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 16:20:29
i need some advice immediately. my next door neighbor (a frail 4 ft.tall, 85lb.,90 yr. old woman)came over yesterday to apologize for the being noisy because her and her 54 yr. old nephew was screaming and yelling at her and stormed out and left. she is such a quiet old fashioned woman never hurt a fly always apologizing for everything and it's never her fault. SHE'S 90 !!!! she lives alone with her little dog never does anything except deal with his crap. she so afraid of hurting him or making him mad. well i told her i didn't hear her (i never hear her) i heard him yelling and she said she was sorry while she stood there and shook she was so upset. she has nerves (because of him). well i went over and tried to calm her down. we talked and she explained the situation to me. she thought the electric bill was to high then she remember all the times the a/c had been on. well then she told him it was right. the electric bill plays a part in this because his abusive mentally challenged son of 30 lives in the other side of the two family house she owns. and the nephew is supposed to pay for half the electric ( his son's half). she has been taking care of his son forever and he abuses her. he yells at her and has pushed her. she's 90!! anyway. when she told him the bill was right he completely flipped out COMPLETELY!! " oh it wasn't but now it is....." what a guy!! well after we talked she was upset all day and finally went over to his house (which she gave him the land and the $ to build, & payed for his truck and Harley) oh and pays every time something breaks, anything. so she went over and he yelled at her again. he had gone home after yelling at her and made up this incredible story to his wife how she was yelling at him and how awful she was and she sounded like an animal he's never heard anyone sound like that before. (our windows are open and less then 30 feet from each other and she never raised her voice not once. she kept saying she was sorry for confusing the electric bill and to please stop yelling and not to go and leave like that to talk to her. well he fabricated this huge story how he couldn't take her abuse anymore. and he wasn't going to put up with it and not to come over and start crap with him at his house. he also told her that while he was leaving that i came out and asked him what was wrong and was he ok because i heard her yelling at him and was concerned oh ya and the neighbors across the street which she owns too. she told him she talked to me and that i never said anything about talking to him and he says" do you think she'd tell you". so she came over after leaving there last night and told me what happened and i told her i would talk to him and he was coming over at 9 a.m. i told her I'd be over. well i was there and as soon as he saw me sitting in her living room you could see the wheels turning in his head. i told him he was mistaken that we'd never talked and he says "i didn't say we did i said you looked out the window to see what she was yelling at. and i told him i didn't even do that and that's when crap hit the fan. he yelled telling me going to throw me out that it's his house (he is on the lease but only so when she dies he gets it, he gets everything and i think he's trying to make her have a heart attack, everyone hinks that even his son. well i told him i am concerned for her because she is all upset and he couldn't come up with anything except that i was a piece of sh... and to get the f... out it's none of my business. i left for her sake and i could hear him berating her saying "you had to run right over after i left and tell her a bunch of lies.......!" i went to her window and tried to tell him that's not what she did and he threatened me and slammed the window and i told him i was calling the police and he turns to her and says" see what you've done now!" she came out begging me not to call them and so i was outside talking to her and he came outside trying to bully me getting right up in my face threatening me saying all kinds of things yelling them and i said that he shouldn't be talking like that to me and especially not to her she has taken care of him his whole life his mom her sister couldn't afford to so she foot the bill for everything and still is. she said he was complaining about going on vacation (going on the Harley to Conn. less then an hour away and so she said she would pay for his gas. he says" that would be a help". WHAT THE H..... she told me she'll have to give him like $300 and told her $50 would be more than enough he's taking the motorcycle i mean really come on now! she said he would throw a check for $50 down and say what do you want me to do with that. she said she gives him $ every time he comes over and he never accepts less then $200. wow i'm writing a book i'm sorry but i need advice. i went to police station and told them about him yelling at her and threatening me and they said they couldn't do anything if she won't call unless i call it in as a noise disturbance and then they will go over to see what is going on. he gave me a form for elder abuse. she would be mortified if she knew i told someone. she doesn't ever want to bother anyone. how messed up is that. please tell me what to do. i can't stand to see her be treated that way she really is going to have a nervous breakdown or a heart attack. please anyone!!!!!
rylee On August 15, 2008

, Massachusetts
#2New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 17:27:34
wow i just came back to see if anyone had offered any advice and i realized how long and confusing my previous post is and i am truly sorry about that. i have been worried about my neighbor even more because right after i finished this he took off with her in her car burning out in the driveway and if figured she had to be going to the hospital cause he had caused her to have a heart attack well they just came back apparently he let her make it up to him by buying him some big thing for his motorcycle. he got out of the car with this big box labeled harley davidson. that's what he does. must have been a big day for him. i bet that's why he made this big scene to get her to feel more then the usual bad so he could get this very very expensive thing. he makes her feel bad and blames it on her and then let's her make it up to him by buying him something. what a guy!!! god bless her. well if anyone can make it thru my ramblings i would still like some advice on how to handle this situation.
hyena_bambina On December 30, 2010
Queen Boogity

Las Cruces, New Mexico
#3New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 17:29:40
If you suspect that someone is being abused, you really need to contact the proper authorities.
sykokitti On January 27, 2009

Wayne, New Jersey
#4New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 17:30:29
Break out the camera!!!! document what he does for a week, record voices when hes verbally abusing the poor woman. She has too good a heart to report the abuse to the police, or maybe she is just afraid of what he'll do, or what may happen to him.... once you document enough evidence call the cops, he needs mental treatment.... something is def wrong with him, because nobody in their right mind would treat their mother at such a tender age of 90 yrs with such disrespect. and in the mean time you do your part just by being her friend, make it a habit to visit and talk to her keep her company, Im sure she feels lonely....... and no body deserves to be alone.
nothingtodo On September 21, 2010

Deleted

#5New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 17:41:18
@rylee Said
wow i just came back to see if anyone had offered any advice and i realized how long and confusing my previous post is and i am truly sorry about that.

Could you edit and make paragraphs - I'm trying to read it and make sense of it all

USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#6New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 17:55:27
You should call the Massachusetts Elder Abuse Hot Line at 1-800-922-2275. The Elder Abuse Hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#7New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 17:58:54
yes! call the police and reeeeeeeport!
(i have seen elder abuse from cna's! i reported, but sadly, nothing happened. must be hard up for cna's.)
rylee On August 15, 2008

, Massachusetts
#8New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 00:50:55
i went to the police station and they said they couldn't do anything unless she calls. apparently he hasn't done anything illegal yet cause she didn't have to call them. can you believe that. she talked to me this afternoon after he left and she said he told her not to talk to me anymore, isolating her from her friends, he's afraid he won't get her $. i have never seen anything so pathetic. a so called man bullying two women one who's 90 and me i'm disabled. what a red letter day for him. how sad. she said she's just going to keep the peace. he's been doing this forever and he's not going to stop now and she wanted me to know she isn't ignoring me she just thinks it's best to do what he says so he won't make anymore trouble. she feels bad about how he treated me! this poor woman! i told her i didn't care about what he said to me it just shows how pathetic he is. i asked what would be the worst thing about getting help and she said that he would flip out and that he wouldn't come around anymore and she's worried about being alone. i told her i'm here all the time and i would take care of her rides and shopping and keep her company and i don't want anything for it. she's so worried about making him mad. so now all i can do is watch and listen. if you all can think of anything i can do please let me know. this is such a sad situation she was a nurse with a husband that wouldn't have put up with anyone treating her that way. getting old can be unbelievably scary.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#9New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 01:23:19
That's bull s*** they are feeding you . They don't have to wait for her to call in order to do a welfare check on her. If they'd just do a routine welfare check on her she might admit to them that she's being mistreated.
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#10New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 01:30:57
Here is a link of a nursing home in canada omg.
https://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/grey_black_and_blue/
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs