Body Art

i need some help with my tattoo design and placement

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
eschliff On April 05, 2007

Rochester, New York
#1New Post! Apr 02, 2007 @ 06:33:12
So im 19 and my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. after surgery, she was cancer free and the breast cancer didnt seem to spread. this past fall, my grandmother went in for surgery on her spine for a slipped disk. while at the hospital, the doctors found that it was really cancer that was eating away at the bone. her cancer had come back and spread. since then she was undergone yet another surgery, radiation, and a pill form of chemo. unfortunately, the chemo didnt work. in fact the cancer grew. now she has begun another form of chemo which will result in hair loss. the other day we went and picked out a wig for her and when we got home she started crying because she didnt want to have to wear a wig, and she was just so angry the chemo didnt work.
well now that you know the background. ive been wanting a breast cancer tattoo to remind me of all that my grandmother has gone through and fought through and for all the other women i know who are breast cancer survivor or fighters. i want a simple breast cancer ribbon i think. and the only location i would want it on is right next to my breast on my ribs, or actually right on the edge of the breast itself, but im afraid its too cliche. any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appriciated.
backinblack On February 06, 2010
Random Q

Deleted

Pittsburg, Kansas
#2New Post! Apr 02, 2007 @ 07:21:11
Hey I think its a great reason for getting it! If you want it get it who cares what anyone else thinks. But if you want my opinion I think its a great idea. If you want to show people you might want to put it else where.
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#3New Post! Apr 02, 2007 @ 08:09:47
I think that's a really good idea, I respect people more when they get tattoos that actually mean something and don't just get them to get attention
noshingnell On December 29, 2012

LaaLaa Land, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 02, 2007 @ 08:59:47
That sounds like a beautifull idea.

I think the placement sounds great, it really represents what it means to you, and the ribbon could be shaded so beautifully as long as it isn't going to be really tiny.

good luck with it.
negasable On August 05, 2008

Deleted

West Side, California
#5New Post! Apr 03, 2007 @ 14:09:40
I know where your coming from. My life went to hell when my grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer. Good for you.
purple_and_gold On September 12, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#6New Post! Apr 05, 2007 @ 04:01:18
@negasable Said
I know where your coming from. My life went to hell when my grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer. Good for you.

Is there a colon cancer ribbon?
fieryfaery413 On January 30, 2008

Deleted

My Own Little World....., Ariz
#7New Post! Apr 05, 2007 @ 04:07:10
what about on your shoulder? I just don't see the purpose in having it where no one will see it, plus it might be a little easier on you to have it done there.
alysedai On November 09, 2020

Newport News, Virginia
#8New Post! Apr 05, 2007 @ 04:36:06
something like this?
fieryfaery413 On January 30, 2008

Deleted

My Own Little World....., Ariz
#9New Post! Apr 05, 2007 @ 04:38:17
@alysedai Said
something like this?

I like that

Rochester, New York
#10New Post! Apr 05, 2007 @ 07:11:56
i like that alot too! as strange as it sounds i kinda dont want the tattoo where everyone can see it... i dont want to be a walking billboard for breast cancer... i just want it for me... for me too see it when i want to ... and to share with who i choose to... i dont know, i know its strange because im paying for it and no one will see it but i like that no one will, i dont want attention for it. also i kind of like that its a slightly unique place.. im still deciding though because i dont want it to look like its in my arm pit... but i still like the idea of putting it right next to my breast kind of on my ribs. also i was talking to my aunt, my mom and my grandma today, and apparently we have a history of breast cancer so my grandmas going to be tested to confirm if its genetic or coincidence. so unfortunately, she may not be that last one in my family that the tattoo will remind me of...

Rochester, New York
#11New Post! Apr 05, 2007 @ 07:17:30
and i know the ribs are suppose to be one of the most painful places to get a tattoo... but as of right now i kinda have my heart set on that place... and i might have to suffer through it, it would be worth it... i have a really small tattoo on the inside of my heel, under that bone that sticks out, and although it did hurt when she got close to the bone i think i could survive this tattoo too... i hope
noshingnell On December 29, 2012

LaaLaa Land, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 05, 2007 @ 18:55:55
I think its great hat you want it to be where you will see it and only the people you chose to let look will see it.

tattoos are done for yourself to enjoy so placement should be about where you want it regardless of if its on show or not. And as this one is so personal I think it is fitting for it to go on your ribs.

Good luck with it I hope it comes out great.
kaybearx12 On November 16, 2008

Rahway,
#13New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 13:18:06
I went through a similar experience with my grandmother. After she passed away in 2004, I wanted someone to remember her and always hold her close to me. So in 2008, on the anniversary of her death I got a tattoo on my shoulder that I had designed. It's the breast cancer ribbon with angel wings on either side of it. About the tattoo are the words "you are the wind..." and beneath the tattoo the sentence is finished with "beneath my wings." I chose those words because they're the lyrics to a song that she always asked me to sing to her when she was going through chemo. The dates of her birth and death are also inside the ribbon. I had it put on my shoulder to symbolize that I believe she is always there looking over my shoulder and protecting me. I also wanted people to be able to see it because I have a job working for the American Cancer Society, and I believe it's important to tell her story, to motivate others to help in the fight against cancer and to work toward preventing themselves from becoming a victim as well.

So I love the idea for your tattoo. And you're right. A tattoo is a very personal thing and you should place it where you feel it will be most meaningful to you.

Good luck!
sunnyoption On May 09, 2008
Troll

, Alabama
#14New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 15:15:39
Good Luck!
katyy On July 17, 2009

smyrna,
#15New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 18:11:13
my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer on halloween of this past year. she had a double masectomy, three months of chemo, and the reconstructive surgery. i absolutely love tattoos. i met my mom for coffee in a book store yesterday and i was looking at a couple body art books when i had the greatest idea i've ever had - mom and i should ger matching pink ribbon tattoos. i really want to, and i think she's interested in it, but i wouldn't know where to say we should get it. i already have a peace sign on my ribs below my left breast, and, like you, i would like to have my pink ribbon somewhere on my ribs or near my breast, however i don't know if my mom would be up for that. i think it's one of the best ideas, to get a tattoo that actually represents you. i'm glad you are brave enough to do something like this for something that you obviously believe in.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs