bible..."not to be taken litterally"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
maccalove On November 17, 2006

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Nov 13, 2006 @ 20:16:44
@random_amz Said
That would explain it, it is actually impossible to get pregnant and still be a virgin

dont agree,mary was a beliver and she didnt have sex or somthing she was a virgin that wouldent explain it at all i think u havent read this bit of the bible clearly enough

vigin:a woman or man with virginty m{no sex atall}
god :a spirit of virtual life that loves u and all man kind and made us{verb} looking after us!
now i dont think u under stand us!!! nvm mind that
video3 On July 19, 2008

Troon, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Jul 18, 2008 @ 12:06:42
The concept of the virgin birth is due to mistranslation of Isaiah 7.14 "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
In many bibles the Hebrew word for Young Woman = ALMAH is mistranslated as virgin.
Also, because the bible was redacted (edited( that's the reason for so many discrpencies such as two creation stories in Genesis.
longstock On February 13, 2009

, New Zealand
#33New Post! Jul 19, 2008 @ 02:38:50
@video3 Said
The concept of the virgin birth is due to mistranslation of Isaiah 7.14 "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
In many bibles the Hebrew word for Young Woman = ALMAH is mistranslated as virgin.
Also, because the bible was redacted (edited( that's the reason for so many discrpencies such as two creation stories in Genesis.

I'm really sorry I think I'm blind, I've read and re-read Genesis and still can't find two stories contradicting each other, can you post them up please? (Just copy paste from an e-bible) thanks!

And lets say that the word is mis-translated, why does the new testament (written much more recently in comparison to Isaiah) still state explicitly the Mary was a virgin if she was not?
The whole idea of her being a virgin is because it was impossible to have a child! God didn't want Jesus to be just another kid, he was to be the sacrifice 'for the sins of the world'
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#34New Post! Jul 19, 2008 @ 15:12:56
@longstock Said
I'm really sorry I think I'm blind, I've read and re-read Genesis and still can't find two stories contradicting each other, can you post them up please? (Just copy paste from an e-bible) thanks!

And lets say that the word is mis-translated, why does the new testament (written much more recently in comparison to Isaiah) still state explicitly the Mary was a virgin if she was not?
The whole idea of her being a virgin is because it was impossible to have a child! God didn't want Jesus to be just another kid, he was to be the sacrifice 'for the sins of the world'

Perhaps what was being refered to is not in your bible Genesis one and two conflict with one another, in the King James version but not in the NIV
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs