Religion & Philosophy

"Thiest" does not always necessarily mean "Christian"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 15:10:14
Nor do those alternate theories concerning theism always ensure that we are in the sanest of hands.

*Of course brute intelligence without wisdom would suggest recipe for a destroyed civilization long before it could have reached technological epoch of reproducing artificial life*

I wonder how many times people here have read me and wondered what kind of constituency I associated myself with but never realizing that I am a constituency of only me.

I guess it is here in that I address most of what is in front of me without any solid conviction and make effort not to second guess my gut instincts.

Back in the 80's Patrick McGoohan wrote, directed and acted in a seventeen episode series of rabbit hole jumpings depicting a situation where in a person could be subjected to an ill-intended environment even though the outside world surrounding that situation was not a dystopia.

I have found it a bit humorous when many skeptics mistake me for "Christian" and it also leads me to wonder how many out there have really stopped to think further outside of the box than just "Evolution VS Christianity."
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#2New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 15:51:23
One could argue theist virtually never means Christian.

Theism is defined by a tacit agreement or willingness to accept that there is a god.

A Christian is a person who is converted to a radically different life-style--one who lives a life of obedience and repentance.

That's a pretty big jump.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 15:55:18
@magicgoat Said

One could argue theist virtually never means Christian.

Theism is defined by a tacit agreement or willingness to accept that there is a god.

A Christian is a person who is converted to a radically different life-style--one who lives a life of obedience and repentance.

That's a pretty big jump.

I never understangd why as soon as you say God, people automatically assume CHristian. And act as though christianity is the only religion out there. Its not one of the worst religions.

Wait till the Muslims arrive. Hopefully I will get beheaded first so I can shout "Bet ya wish your 'evil" christians were back, now eh" to all the other infidels who are going to get beheaded, or boiled on oil or stoned to death.

I will actually be pissing myself laughing when everyone complains about how they are being treated. And I will say "at last the christians are gone, so shut the f*** up, you got what you wanted".

Christians arnt actually that bad. They just stick up for their beliefs like anyone else should.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#4New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 16:37:40
@townie_guy Said

I never understangd why as soon as you say God, people automatically assume CHristian. And act as though christianity is the only religion out there. Its not one of the worst religions.

Wait till the Muslims arrive. Hopefully I will get beheaded first so I can shout "Bet ya wish your 'evil" christians were back, now eh" to all the other infidels who are going to get beheaded, or boiled on oil or stoned to death.

I will actually be pissing myself laughing when everyone complains about how they are being treated. And I will say "at last the christians are gone, so shut the f*** up, you got what you wanted".

Christians arnt actually that bad. They just stick up for their beliefs like anyone else should.

Today I heard from John Piper that one of his translators is jailed in the Middle East for transcribing Piper's book from English to the local tongue.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 16:38:24
@magicgoat Said

Today I heard from John Piper that one of his translators is jailed in the Middle East for transcribing Piper's book from English to the local tongue.

Rather him than me.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 20:25:41
@townie_guy Said

Well, for those who are familiar with Whitechapel, the Muslims are already here. I pass through on my way to the Royal London Hospital. So far I still have my head on my shoulders.

Looking back through history, it seems the trouble begins when those of a "religious" bent gain secular power. Then the "offer" becomes one of "agree with us or else". Which, basically is the offer of their God, so who can blame them?

I would love to see the day when "Christians" and "Muslims" and "Buddhists" and "Hindus" are gone. Perhaps then we could see the human being in front of us and not only that which we know of their beliefs.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#7New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 20:30:04
@townie_guy Said

Rather him than me.

The man could have denied Jesus and set free. The translator's mother did just that.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 20:33:03
@dookie Said

Well, for those who are familiar with Whitechapel, the Muslims are already here. I pass through on my way to the Royal London Hospital. So far I still have my head on my shoulders.

Looking back through history, it seems the trouble begins when those of a "religious" bent gain secular power. Then the "offer" becomes one of "agree with us or else". Which, basically is the offer of their God, so who can blame them?

I would love to see the day when "Christians" and "Muslims" and "Buddhists" and "Hindus" are gone. Perhaps then we could see the human being in front of us and not only that which we know of their beliefs.

And how do we simulataneously stop all religions. And besides a new one will just appear. SOme form of worship or belief has always existed since mankind has. It just part of life.

I accept that and so change thinge things that I do have influence over.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 20:48:56
@dookie Said

"I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me "

This is part of what I was on about in here:

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/Imagine-taking-someone-to-small-claims-court-for-quot-Possession-quot-/474544

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:03:04
@townie_guy Said

And how do we simulataneously stop all religions. And besides a new one will just appear. SOme form of worship or belief has always existed since mankind has. It just part of life.

We learn at an early age, from our parents, that we can't be dealt with directly - anything suggested to or desired of us must be requested through suggestions packed into something interesting and far off topic.

Often times you will notice when you ask a child to not do something, they often times think you are using reverse psychology to trick them and will go ahead and proceed doing exactly what you were attempting to keep them from doing in fear that they might miss out on something otherwise beneficial to them.

So let's say I've got this thing with gays possibly influencing all young men into gay-dome and cigarettes which offend my delicate and tender nose - If I can work my cards right through areas where sheep come to gather, it might very well be possible to implement many small and peculiar laws which all secretly and ultimately serve towards stigmatizing both gays and cigarettes out of public view.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:05:14
*old women's voice*

"Thaaaat's usin' your noodle, Normy!"
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:35:20
@townie_guy Said

I have no idea, just a few ideas about how to "stop" them in myself.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:37:42
@Electric_Banana Said

"I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me "

This is part of what I was on about in here:

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/Imagine-taking-someone-to-small-claims-court-for-quot-Possession-quot-/474544

yes, always "us" not "them".

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:38:23
@dookie Said

I have no idea, just a few ideas about how to "stop" them in myself.

I just dont let them affect me. If someone wants to call me a sinner, an infidel, a blasphemer. So what??

That is their belief they are entit;led to it.

The minute I let it affect me, is the moment it starts to control me. As if something negative affects me, I will feel I have to justify myself to them. WHich I dont, I live on a totally different set of beliefs and morals, so it does not affect me.

Its only by letting it affect you, it becomes an issue.

If you dont like what the church has to say, dont listen to the church. Its simple.

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:48:59
@townie_guy Said

I just dont let them affect me. If someone wants to call me a sinner, an infidel, a blasphemer. So what??

That is their belief they are entit;led to it.

The minute I let it affect me, is the moment it starts to control me. As if something negative affects me, I will feel I have to justify myself to them. WHich I dont, I live on a totally different set of beliefs and morals, so it does not affect me.

Its only by letting it affect you, it becomes an issue.

If you dont like what the church has to say, dont listen to the church. Its simple.

You're all like "Sinning is the sassy missing from this world - I'm so naughty, I'm burning hot! You can't touch this here flaming devil!"

And then walk away licking your index finger and sticking it against your left a** cheek with a sizzle and stream of smoke.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs