The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

"Get a job, Cricket, its a cure all" (sarcastic)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Cricket68 On August 21, 2009

Deleted

bay city, Michigan
#1New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 09:48:27
I have degenerative arthritis and have since i was 24 and in spite of it i have tried to work and after a while on the job, i was in such agony that I just couldnt do it anymore. And if one more thoughtless idiot tells me to get a job, I'll scream
I have been told...now get this...that my back problem wouldnt be so bad if i got a job. I say F*ck getting a job. I have tried and if you try something over and over expecting a different outcome then yer and idiot, right. well i just wanted to rant about that
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#2New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 09:57:31
what about a job thats not physical labor?

Deleted

bay city, Michigan
#3New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 11:04:21
@chisa96 Said

what about a job thats not physical labor?

I have and they had me running the stairs, end of discussion
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#4New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 11:16:09
get on some good drugs?... can you really afford to be jobless?... do you really want to be?...
csj On January 18, 2009

Deleted

Beats me, Mexico
#5New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 11:46:25
Being able to work and not, is one thing. But people that haven,t been trough this type of pain, think its nothing. Its easy when your not the one havening the pain all the time. If you can afford not to work or just work part time do it, or whatever makes you happy. You only have one life and you owe no one an excuse, for your agony, or the way you live your life...Sorry for your pain.....
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 11:57:02
i guess i just dont get how one can finacially go without working... where do you get your income?

and what do you do to pass the time? i almost went insane when i wasnt working...

and whats degenerative arthritis? worse than regular arthritis im assuming?

Deleted

bay city, Michigan
#7New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 13:50:47
@chisa96 Said

get on some good drugs?... can you really afford to be jobless?... do you really want to be?...

No i dont like being out of work see, i liked my job and it was something that was a part of my life. Before i became disabled i wanted to be a police officer in the city of Pontiac, i had a career choice and as for drugs, im going to the doctor on friday and getting vicodin, they kick a**
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#8New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 13:56:51
@Cricket68 Said

I have degenerative arthritis and have since i was 24 and in spite of it i have tried to work and after a while on the job, i was in such agony that I just couldnt do it anymore. And if one more thoughtless idiot tells me to get a job, I'll scream
I have been told...now get this...that my back problem wouldnt be so bad if i got a job. I say F*ck getting a job. I have tried and if you try something over and over expecting a different outcome then yer and idiot, right. well i just wanted to rant about that

Just why do you care what they say. You certainly have the right to have your govt. contribute to your support.
spadge On February 18, 2010
Aging Disgracefully

Deleted

Santa Land, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 13:56:55
@Cricket68 Said

I know exactly what you mean. OK, im not in as bad a situation as you, but I can relate to what you say.

Deleted

bay city, Michigan
#10New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 13:57:43
@chisa96 Said

@chisa96 Said

i guess i just dont get how one can finacially go without working... where do you get your income?

and what do you do to pass the time? i almost went insane when i wasnt working...

and whats degenerative arthritis? worse than regular arthritis im assuming?

my husband is also disabled and draws enough money to pay the bills and its all good. i have plenty to do with my free time. I still have responsibility as we take care of grandkids and we have time for our friends where before when we were both working we didnt have time to do squat

degenerative mean to decay, i have issues with more than just my back...clucosamine condroitin does not work for me and sometimes i feel like going insane...try being bipolar with nothing to do, by the way we have the cleanest house of all our friends and family lol

Deleted

bay city, Michigan
#11New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 13:59:31
@sassi Said

Just why do you care what they say. You certainly to have your govt. contribute to your support.

thats right girlie girl i sure do, we paid it in, he worked for 40 years, you have no clue what your talking about

Deleted

bay city, Michigan
#12New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 14:00:20
@csj Said

Being able to work and not, is one thing. But people that haven,t been trough this type of pain, think its nothing. Its easy when your not the one havening the pain all the time. If you can afford not to work or just work part time do it, or whatever makes you happy. You only have one life and you owe no one an excuse, for your agony, or the way you live your life...Sorry for your pain.....

thank you, your awesome
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 14:04:17
@Cricket68 Said

I have serious issues with my discs in my spine, and I understand how hard it is to get a job and keep it. My last job was working on till's, it wasn't so bad because I was sat down duiring a shift and when my daughter is at school I'll go back and do it again.
It pisses me off to think the amount of people, fruedulently(sp?) claiming disability allowance, when I work hard and genuianly am in pain whenever I work. I work because I'm capable, no matter how much it hurts, some strong pain killers ease it a bit and I get on with it. I refuse to be a bum on the state who claims for no good reason other that laziness.
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 14:05:40
Just to add to that I wasn't pointing that at you cricket, if you cannot work, then it isn't your fault.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#15New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 14:10:20
I'm in the same boat. I could do a sit down job, or driving job, but find one when you really need that kind of job. When I was young and healthy, I always got jobs like driving lift trucks, taxi cabs, dump trucks or tractors. Funny how things work out.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs