The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

zimmerman To Face Charges......Breaking News!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#31New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:16:20
2nd degree murder is the charge. On the news now.

And I'd caution anyone from labeling him a "murderer" as there is cause to take a life in the name of self defense. I know that if someone was attacking me and I killed them, I would not feel I am a murderer.

The evidence will be presented in court and the judgment will be rendered. Regardless of what anyone here thinks about it.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#32New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:16:36
@drman321 Said

Actually according to legal precedent in the US if he did tell the family he was sorry it would be used against him in a court of law as a confession. There has been a movement afoot for years to allow a defendant to apologize for situations like this without it being treated as a confession, but from what I have read no such effort has yet to be successful.

That's interesting. I wonder if that's why some apologize after their sentencing. But...we already know that Zimmerman killed him so a confession of "I killed him," wouldn't harm him, would it?
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#33New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:18:26
@someone_else Said

That's interesting. I wonder if that's why some apologize after their sentencing. But...we already know that Zimmerman killed him so a confession of "I killed him," wouldn't harm him, would it?

An apology could be spun as him claiming fault in the shooting. In this case his best defense is to avoid claiming fault and to stand by "self defense".
Magically Delicious

#34New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:18:27
Why the smiley? I'd think that most people would be glad that the wheels of justice are moving forward. He turned himself in and will be tried in a court of law.

It's not a happy situation, but the smiley seems at odds with the situation.
Magically Delicious

#35New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:40:41
Al Sharpton is on the news. I'll give him this, he's not being an ass. Sorry, but Al Sharpton tends to, historically, be very inflammatory.

I'm pleased to see he is showing restraint.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#36New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:10:20
The belief that the healing will now begin is at odds with the situation.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#37New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:27:39
This is merely a lull in the storm.

"In Sanford, the Rev. Harry Rucker, pastor of First Shiloh Baptist Church, said he feared Sanford could erupt in violence if Zimmerman is not charged."

What does he think's gonna happen if he's found not guilty?

If we don't offer up Zimmerman as a sacrifice to appease the gods of mob/herd rule, we'll see the resulting mob exacting it's own vigilante justice. It will not go away otherwise. They will have their pound of flesh or the streets will burn--ironically, mostly in black neighborhoods.

One man can stop this, the one who's orchestrated it, the Demagogue-in-Chief, Obama. What're the odds?
Magically Delicious

#38New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:29:54
@ThePainefulTruth Said

One man can stop this, the one who's orchestrated it, the Demagogue-in-Chief, Obama. What're the odds?

You seriously think that Obama orchestrated this? For real?

Are you not at all familiar with race in the south?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:30:53
Do we really need so many threads on this? I get that it's important, but it's a bit OTT.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#40New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:32:29
@LuckyCharms Said

Why the smiley? I'd think that most people would be glad that the wheels of justice are moving forward. He turned himself in and will be tried in a court of law.

It's not a happy situation, but the smiley seems at odds with the situation.

Oh no, it's not a "smiley" at least I don't consider it one.....it looks more like an unhappy "smiley" I think. I put it there to express my unhappy feeling for both families and what they will no doubt be going through in the near future.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#41New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:33:05
@ThePainefulTruth Said

I'm really confused as to why you think Obama has something to do with this. He made one off hand comment about the tragedy and then has largely ignored it. You seem to be confusing Obama with George Zimmerman.
Magically Delicious

#42New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:33:58
@Spinkiegirl Said

Oh no, it's not a "smiley" at least I don't consider it one.....it looks more like an unhappy "smiley" I think. I put it there to express my unhappy feeling for both families and what they will no doubt be going through in the near future.

Ahhh okay gotcha. Indeed this isn't a happy thing. For anyone.

(I call a "smiley" on forums a "smiley" whether it's or or .)

Chicago, Illinois
#43New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:36:17
@ThePainefulTruth Said

This is merely a lull in the storm.

"In Sanford, the Rev. Harry Rucker, pastor of First Shiloh Baptist Church, said he feared Sanford could erupt in violence if Zimmerman is not charged."

What does he think's gonna happen if he's found not guilty?

If we don't offer up Zimmerman as a sacrifice to appease the gods of mob/herd rule, we'll see the resulting mob exacting it's own vigilante justice. It will not go away otherwise. They will have their pound of flesh or the streets will burn--ironically, mostly in black neighborhoods.

Please stop your b****ing. Not one person on any of these threads has advocated for violence with the exception of some right-wingers wanting the president's head on a platter! GEEZ!!

Chicago, Illinois
#44New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:36:39
@LuckyCharms Said

Ahhh okay gotcha. Indeed this isn't a happy thing. For anyone.

(I call a "smiley" on forums a "smiley" whether it's or or .)

ok

Chicago, Illinois
#45New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:37:01
@drman321 Said

I'm really confused as to why you think Obama has something to do with this. He made one off hand comment about the tragedy and then has largely ignored it. You seem to be confusing Obama with George Zimmerman.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs