The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

zimmerman To Face Charges......Breaking News!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#16New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 19:38:57
Quote from the article:

"The Sanford Police Department told CNN that they were preparing for the possibility of violence."

uhhh ohhh! Wonder what that means?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#17New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:03:01
@TheMuse Said

we have laws here called.. stand your ground..in some states that would make it legal to shoot someone that is attacking you..

and the witness in this case saw Trayvon attacking Zimmermen..

so who knows what he will be charged with, we know it won't be first degree murder because the prosecutor did not send it to the grand jury

so second degree or misdemeanor meaning he didn't mean to shoot him dead.

I do hope he will get a fair trial and the racist and haters can except what ever verdict the jury come up with.

All it said that was ruled out was "capital murder" all that means is the death penalty is off the table.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#18New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:22:09
Quote:
@DiscordTiger Said

All it said that was ruled out was "capital murder" all that means is the death penalty is off the table.

Quote:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#19New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:24:19
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://www.kpho.com/story/17386009/zimmerman-to-face-charges-for-trayvon-martin-death Now let's all sit back and observe our country's wonderful justice system at work!

Sounds like you've already found him guilty, irregardless of the facts.

@Spinkiegirl Said

And so do I.......but I was talking to a co-worker the other day, and we both asked if zimmerman has even told Martin's family he was sorry?

Sorry....for what, having to defend himself and then them calling for his head and calling him a murderer?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#20New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:25:07
@Cinnamon Said

Quote from the article:

"The Sanford Police Department told CNN that they were preparing for the possibility of violence."

uhhh ohhh! Wonder what that means?

It means they're not planning to hang him at dawn.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#21New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:27:16
@TheMuse Said

That does not disagree with what I said.

you are mistaking capital murder for first degree murder. legally they mean different things. "Capital" has a specific legal definition.

Capital murder just means the person is eligible for the death penalty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_murder
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#22New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:34:04
@TheMuse Said

Ack... my bad for looking at sloppy reporting.

Florida does have a 1st degree murder law requiring a grand jury. That article linked shouldn't of used the word "capital" in that context.

But either way you are correct in the long run, he will not be charged with 1-st degree without going to a grand jury in FL
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#23New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:34:34
@ThePainefulTruth Said

It means they're not planning to hang him at dawn.

I hope it means they're not going to appease the racist vultures.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#24New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:55:04
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Sounds like you've already found him guilty, irregardless of the facts.

Sorry....for what, having to defend himself and then them calling for his head and calling him a murderer?

Well since i'm not on the jury, and he has not been charged as of yet, and we are not in courtroom trying his case, I would have to say "NO", I haven't "found him guilty" or innocent. Besides, we haven't heard all the facts....yes I called him a "murderer" because IMO that's what I call someone who takes a human life. No matter the reason. And your point is?

Chicago, Illinois
#25New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 21:53:46
https://www.wusa9.com/rss/article/201439/158/Zimmerman-In-Custody-Charged-In-Trayvon-Martin-Shooting Let the healing begin!
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#26New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 21:59:04
@sister_of_mercy Said

Well if he denies doing anything wrong then I can't imagine he'd believe he had anything to apologise for (as horrible as that sounds).

I could imagine apologizing...not necessarily for killing him, but for the fact that, ultimately, they've lost their son because of his actions. "I'm sorry for your loss," comes to mind. It's not an admission of guilt, but rather sympathizing with the innocent people involved.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#27New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:03:48
@TheMuse Said

we have laws here called.. stand your ground..in some states that would make it legal to shoot someone that is attacking you..

and the witness in this case saw Trayvon attacking Zimmermen..

so who knows what he will be charged with, we know it won't be first degree murder because the prosecutor did not send it to the grand jury

so second degree or misdemeanor meaning he didn't mean to shoot him dead.

I do hope he will get a fair trial and the racist and haters can except what ever verdict the jury come up with.

He is being charged because "stand your ground" does not apply. If it did he wouldn't even be legally allowed to be charged. He wasn't standing his ground, he was pursuing Martin. If anything Martin was standing his ground when a large armed man started stalking him through the neighborhood at night.

Chicago, Illinois
#28New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:04:04
@someone_else Said

I could imagine apologizing...not necessarily for killing him, but for the fact that, ultimately, they've lost their son because of his actions. "I'm sorry for your loss," comes to mind. It's not an admission of guilt, but rather sympathizing with the innocent people involved.

EXACTLY!!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:05:32
@someone_else Said

That's true. I just think it would be hard to say that and not sound disingenuous if you were the one that took that life away though.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#30New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:09:43
@someone_else Said

Actually according to legal precedent in the US if he did tell the family he was sorry it would be used against him in a court of law as a confession. There has been a movement afoot for years to allow a defendant to apologize for situations like this without it being treated as a confession, but from what I have read no such effort has yet to be successful.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs