Society & Lifestyles

youth of today

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
tlfindley On November 27, 2005

chatsworth, Georgia
#1New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 02:58:45
In our society today, teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases among teenagers has reached epidemic proportions. Some people believe this is due to a loss of basic core values that are not being taught or handed down in the modern family. Many attempts have been made to address this problem but nothing seems to be slowing this down. What do you think is the cause of this problem and what do you think has been or would be the best way to eradicate it?
intoxsickated On October 21, 2006

Deleted

Suburbia Hell, California
#2New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 02:59:38
steralize eveyone!

chatsworth, Georgia
#3New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 03:00:39
would solve this problem but how would we reproduce?
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#4New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 03:01:25
Teenage pregnancy was way higher like 200 years ago. The only thing that's different now is it's seen as a problem.

What makes it a problem?
man_in_kilt On December 05, 2006

Deleted

trapped in my mind, Tennessee
#5New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 03:05:09
the fact that people just don't seem to care anymore enough what their children are doing so they go and make their own family hoping to awaken their parents to what is going on.

chatsworth, Georgia
#6New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 03:54:10
but 200 years ago the teens were getting married and raising the families; now we have generations of children being raised by their grandparents. Also, education is vital if you wish to succeed in today's world and many teenage moms are not getting that necessary education. With the STD's that seem to flourish in today's society it is important that we protect our children the best way we can. I have three daughters and i assure you i would have a serious problem with one of them becoming a teenage mother and dropping out of school or contracting an STD. I wish to find the best deterrent to prevent these things from happening. I believe most parents want their children to have every advantage; but which way is the best way? Is it just about how they are raised?
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#7New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 03:56:54
So how is it that teenage pregnancy is the problem? It wasn't a problem 200 years ago. Maybe it's the rest of society that has the problem!

chatsworth, Georgia
#8New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 04:00:57
@el_tino Said
So how is it that teenage pregnancy is the problem? It wasn't a problem 200 years ago. Maybe it's the rest of society that has the problem!

Do you have a daughter?
children today are not being raised to take on responsibility like that.
Girls are dumping their babies wherever they can and many of these babies are dying. How is this not a problem traceable back to teenage pregnancy when the majority of the mothers that do this are teenage mothers.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#9New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 04:05:01
@tlfindley Said
Do you have a daughter?
children today are not being raised to take on responsibility like that.
Girls are dumping their babies wherever they can and many of these babies are dying. How is this not a problem traceable back to teenage pregnancy when the majority of the mothers that do this are teenage mothers.

No I do not have a daughter.

But that brings back the question: why are children not raised to take on that responsibility? Why would a girl dump a baby in a dumpster?

chatsworth, Georgia
#10New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 04:11:37
https://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/681_1159.asp

that is one of the original questions i posed. many people think that this caused by the erosion of the family unit. teen mothers are often single mothers without that father figure present or at least the love and support of two parents (whatever gender). in addition to educating teens i believe we should educate parents on how to prevent this from happening with their children.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#11New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 04:15:30
Well, I imagine teen birth rates are quite high in more collectivistic cultures where there is no breakdown of the family unit...

chatsworth, Georgia
#12New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 04:25:56
but are these teens and their children suffering what ours are? i don't know but i do know usa has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the industrialized world as referenced by the above link
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#13New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 04:37:26
@tlfindley Said
but are these teens and their children suffering what ours are? i don't know but i do know usa has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the industrialized world as referenced by the above link

Right, I'm talking about less industrialized places.
kerrianne On December 10, 2005

portsmouth, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Sep 14, 2005 @ 07:31:22
@tlfindley Said
In our society today, teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases among teenagers has reached epidemic proportions. Some people believe this is due to a loss of basic core values that are not being taught or handed down in the modern family. Many attempts have been made to address this problem but nothing seems to be slowing this down. What do you think is the cause of this problem and what do you think has been or would be the best way to eradicate it?

It's easy to say that but as a teenage mother myself ,I know I didn't listen to anyone when I was young and as a mother of a teenage daughter now I have taken the approach that I can bleat on about it to the cows come home and she will still do what she wants to,so she is now having the depo provera injection,mainly because 7 young girls she knows are pregnant or just had babies,and my words to her were " this isn't me giving you my permission to sleep with people but if you are going to do it I would prefer it if you didn't get pregnant and please use comndoms too becasue you really don't want any std's"
unfortunately you can't lock up your kids and you can talk to them about issues,wether they follow them is thier choice
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs