The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Health & Fitness

why is it that i nobody critizises overweight people, but people do critizise smo

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
puala__koala On August 21, 2009

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 22:52:14
okay, so my friend yells at me every day because i smoke herbs, even though theyre completely legal. first of all, i havent smoked in over a month, and when i do smoke i make sure its something thats not bad for me. i dont even smoke weed (not that its legal..)
she b****es at me because she got a stroke, and that if im disregarding my health like that its wrong because she cant be healthy. i feel sorry for her, but i still think its really uncalled for her to tell me that im gonna harm myself because i smoke every once in a while.
if she just told me this, i really wouldnt care, the thing that pisses me off is that theres this girl who sits at our lunch table who is obese. and im not saying this in a mean way, im saying that its unfair that she b****es at me for "disregarding my health" (which isnt really that bad, i always check to make sure that what im smoking is safe) when theres this girl next to us who is "disregarding her health" right in front of her face.

but seriously though, am i just being stubborn, or is she just saying all of this because shes against drugs?

and also, dont i have the right to do whatever i want with my health (i mean, as long as im not harming myself to the point where its fatal)?
so yeah, what do you guys thing

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
#2New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 22:58:37
the fat girl just sits next to us, its the girl who had a stroke the one who complains about my habits.
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#3New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:00:41
Unfortunately she has the right to complain. And you certainly have the right to continue doing what you're doing.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#4New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:06:03
Bleh... I tried those Herbal Ciggarettes once... I didn't like them much. Although, I don't think that they do much harm. There is always the chance when you inhale smoke into your lungs of damage, I don't think that it's as bad as regular cigarettes, but it's still there.

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
#5New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:08:50
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Bleh... I tried those Herbal Ciggarettes once... I didn't like them much. Although, I don't think that they do much harm. There is always the chance when you inhale smoke into your lungs of damage, I don't think that it's as bad as regular cigarettes, but it's still there.

yeah. but its barerly anything. running in winter is probalby worse than what herbs do to me.

and i dont do the cigarettes, i use a bowl so its not as bad for my lungs (the paper in teh cigarettes are actually the worst thing for your lungs in a cigarette)
Danger_Mouse On June 29, 2017

Christchurch, New Zealand
#6New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:20:38
All I will say is, look at it from the point of view of someone who has had a stroke.

They would love all of the things you take for granted health wise and, if I were in her shoes, it would probably tick me off if someone was abusing something they were lucky to have.

As for the obese chick.. she has to eat. You don't have to smoke.
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#7New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:22:13
@Danger_Mouse Said

All I will say is, look at it from the point of view of someone who has had a stroke.

They would love all of the things you take for granted health wise and, if I were in her shoes, it would probably tick me off if someone was abusing something they were lucky to have.

As for the obese chick.. she has to eat. You don't have to smoke.

She doesn't have to eat amounts so large and shun exercising to the point that she's obese.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:23:08
@puala__koala Said

yeah. but its barerly anything. running in winter is probalby worse than what herbs do to me.

and i dont do the cigarettes, i use a bowl so its not as bad for my lungs (the paper in teh cigarettes are actually the worst thing for your lungs in a cigarette)

The papers? I don't think so it's the chemicals put in tobacco that's bad for you hence chewing tobacco is liable to give you cancer of the mouth.

#9New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:41:51
@not4sale Said

She doesn't have to eat amounts so large and shun exercising to the point that she's obese.

Surely that would depend on the reason for being obese. Jumping to a fairly rash generalisation assuming she eats too much and doesn't exercise.
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#10New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:50:12
@Danger_Mouse Said

Surely that would depend on the reason for being obese. Jumping to a fairly rash generalisation assuming she eats too much and doesn't exercise.

What would you suggest as a possible cause?

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
#11New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:51:47
@Danger_Mouse Said

she eats two lunches every day and never exersises.

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
#12New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:52:15
@angelcake Said

The papers? I don't think so it's the chemicals put in tobacco that's bad for you hence chewing tobacco is liable to give you cancer of the mouth.

i dont do tobacco.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 23:56:00
People who say smoking is more dangerous than obesity, never had a sumo wrestler try to sit on them.

#14New Post! Dec 09, 2008 @ 00:00:00
@not4sale Said

What would you suggest as a possible cause?

Overactive thyroid?

A friend of mine would be classed as 'obese' yet she eats healthy and runs 4 miles a day.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#15New Post! Dec 09, 2008 @ 05:35:39
@puala__koala Said

okay, so my friend yells at me every day because i smoke herbs, even though theyre completely legal. first of all, i havent smoked in over a month, and when i do smoke i make sure its something thats not bad for me. i dont even smoke weed (not that its legal..)
she b****es at me because she got a stroke, and that if im disregarding my health like that its wrong because she cant be healthy. i feel sorry for her, but i still think its really uncalled for her to tell me that im gonna harm myself because i smoke every once in a while.
if she just told me this, i really wouldnt care, the thing that pisses me off is that theres this girl who sits at our lunch table who is obese. and im not saying this in a mean way, im saying that its unfair that she b****es at me for "disregarding my health" (which isnt really that bad, i always check to make sure that what im smoking is safe) when theres this girl next to us who is "disregarding her health" right in front of her face.

but seriously though, am i just being stubborn, or is she just saying all of this because shes against drugs?

and also, dont i have the right to do whatever i want with my health (i mean, as long as im not harming myself to the point where its fatal)?
so yeah, what do you guys thing

Well I think she sounds like she's just being a caring friend; and a tad resentful that while she is in poor health, you are taking your health for granted, and you are taking it for granted!

As far as the obese girl; yes, it's unhealthy for sure..but you never know with strangers, there may be a medical reason for it, some type of glandular disorder.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs