why do guys stop talking to you

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#1New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 05:49:56
ok so far in the last couple of weeks i have talked to 2 guys 3 actually who have acted like me in the beginning but now not a word from them and this sort of thing has happened to me before so i am kinda used to it but i just dont understand it.
i mean how am i supposed to meet someone and date them if they wont even give me the time of day long enough to get to know me.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#2New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 05:51:30
Probably the same reason women do the same thing. lol
im a maplestoryadict

#3New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 05:52:20
@raditz Said

Probably the same reason women do the same thing. lol

i would never do that to someone
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#4New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 05:52:54
@darkangel28 Said

I say the same thing, but I do.
im a maplestoryadict

#5New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 06:01:28
@raditz Said

I say the same thing, but I do.

well i dont this is the first time i have even started to date anyone in like 5 years
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#6New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 06:11:18
maybe your talking to the wrong guys
Electric_Banana On about 16 hours ago

, New Zealand
#7New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 06:30:14
@darkangel28 Said

A lot of other women have done it to us guys though.

, New Zealand
#8New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 06:31:47
You've just got to keep trying. Men have been conditioned over the past twenty years not to be as steady and aggressive as they used to be.

I used to be lonely and took things too seriously.
After experiencing what I have this time around, if I were forced to do it again (considering my partner didn't exist) I wouldn't look for anything stable, I'd just be concerned with getting myself a job to be able support myself enough to afford a cabin outside of town and do most of my shopping through the net.
Fellie On May 15, 2014

Waipawa, New Zealand
#9New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 08:30:16
Well I've stopped talking to someone because they're annoying the hell out of me and despite asking for space they still didn't get the hint.

Not sure if that's helpful for you but the vent made me feel better

, New Zealand
#10New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 09:24:20
It does seem though that most times when people stop talking it is because a switch flipped in their head and they all go wandering off down the street, at the same time, to collect in a dark field and get beamed up and taken back home.

Or collect at a large secret warehouse where they get switched off completely and hung up on racks to be started up and used at a later date again.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 10:05:30
Perhaps you ought to ask your friends if there is anything about your personality that would push people away.

I have some friends who have needed telling not to blurt out every single personal detail of their lives to people who they dont really know. Or not to go on about ill health or bad relationships or work all of the time.

If your friends say there is nothing wrong with how you are then that is the guys problem isnt it. If there is something you are saying or doing wrong then maybe you can reign it in a bit until you know people better.
im a maplestoryadict

#12New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 14:49:12
@treebee Said

Perhaps you ought to ask your friends if there is anything about your personality that would push people away.

I have some friends who have needed telling not to blurt out every single personal detail of their lives to people who they dont really know. Or not to go on about ill health or bad relationships or work all of the time.

If your friends say there is nothing wrong with how you are then that is the guys problem isnt it. If there is something you are saying or doing wrong then maybe you can reign it in a bit until you know people better.

well one of the guys text me back lastnight after i told him i thought he was a cheater and a liar lol.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#13New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 15:47:14
@darkangel28 Said

well one of the guys text me back lastnight after i told him i thought he was a cheater and a liar lol.

Wow, if this is how you talk to guys you don't know very well, and are hoping to get to know well, this might be part of the problem. And it sounds like you JUST met the guy, how can he be cheating on you if you are not even a couple?

Thing is, during those first couple of dates that is when someone is getting to know that other person. IF there is no connection or chemistry, why waste the other person's time or lead them on by continuing to chat them up and go out? It doesn't make a guy or a girl a "dog" if they realize it just isn't going to work out. You don't want people to go around being dishonest. They should be more upfront and saying they are no longer talking as they don't feel any chemistry, but most people avoid confrontation and don't want to come right out and say that - not because they are deceitful but because they don't want to hurt someone's feelings that bluntly.

Treebs also had a good suggestion about asking close friends their honest opinion about your personality, and how you interact with guys. And take their opinions objectively and try to use the advice....because if this is a recurring theme that continues to happen over and over, there might be something about your approach and the way you interact with guys that is in need of tweeking...
nicperry11 On May 29, 2011

Sydney, Australia
#14New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 19:33:36
There are also girls like that. Don't mind them. It is their lost.
im a maplestoryadict

#15New Post! May 30, 2011 @ 03:32:26
@GSnap Said

Wow, if this is how you talk to guys you don't know very well, and are hoping to get to know well, this might be part of the problem. And it sounds like you JUST met the guy, how can he be cheating on you if you are not even a couple?

Thing is, during those first couple of dates that is when someone is getting to know that other person. IF there is no connection or chemistry, why waste the other person's time or lead them on by continuing to chat them up and go out? It doesn't make a guy or a girl a "dog" if they realize it just isn't going to work out. You don't want people to go around being dishonest. They should be more upfront and saying they are no longer talking as they don't feel any chemistry, but most people avoid confrontation and don't want to come right out and say that - not because they are deceitful but because they don't want to hurt someone's feelings that bluntly.

Treebs also had a good suggestion about asking close friends their honest opinion about your personality, and how you interact with guys. And take their opinions objectively and try to use the advice....because if this is a recurring theme that continues to happen over and over, there might be something about your approach and the way you interact with guys that is in need of tweeking...

no how we got to talking was he sent me a message on yahoo cuz i have it on my cellphone and i didnt know who he was and he said i was on his friends list and i guess i used to talk to him a long time ago before me and my ex got back together cuz he used to live here in tremonton.
and i was trying to figure out who he was cuz there was this guy i used to talk to all the time back before i found out about myspace and we were texting eachother back and forth for months and were going to meet up in person and then one day i was talking to him and he asked me if i had myspace and i said no and then i got an account and looked up his profile and it said that he was madly inlove someone and he was in a relationship with the love of his life and so i just changed my number the next day and stopped talking to him and i was thinking it was him.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs