The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Atheism

why are atheist so obssed with religion?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
ladystardust On March 22, 2010

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 11:53:31
I have been to a number of sites now and i find the same thing on most of them. There is usally one, or perhaps more, persons typically an atheist who keeps asking question relating to religion. The purpose of most of the questions are to expose the faulty opinions and beliefs of those who have faith. Why is this? if atheists really have no time for God/gods why the obssesion with the subject? I am all for talking to those who have open minds or those who wish to understand were i am coming from or want to honestly know on what i base my faith. But many of these debates are one sided. So what is it with atheists and religion can some one explain?

If there are threads of a same theme already one here please excuse me.I did not think to read them and I do ask because i am truly unable to understand. It is not for the purpose to start an arguement i really am interested in your reasons.
wynston On March 21, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 12:52:37
It's cos an athiest has come to realise and reason that it's probably all a science fiction story to make some people a lot of money and to control everyone and we dearly want to help you all..
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 12:55:36
If somebody doesn't believe in something, why get involved in talking about it?
wynston On March 21, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 13:01:19
@claudibee Said

If somebody doesn't believe in something, why get involved in talking about it?

To try to make others agree with them!
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#5New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 13:43:58
probably for some of the same reasons 'believers in the fairy tales' being obsessed with 'non-believers of the fairy tales.'

I'm just guessing .
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 13:50:39
@wynston Said

To try to make others agree with them!

Yeah, I see your point. There's always some bugger somewhere trying to convince me of something.
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Leicester, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 13:59:21
Actually, it's just that non-believers are totally fed up from having religious values pushed upon them for years. Religion has been given far to much respect in the running of society and now reasonable people are hitting back. The internet has enabled it of course. And long may it go on.
Then there are those, like me, that simply don't like to see children manipulated into the folds of outrageous belief systems before they are able to decide for themselves - which is abuse of course.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 14:10:05
@duploshoes Said

Actually, it's just that non-believers are totally fed up from having religious values pushed upon them for years. Religion has been given far to much respect in the running of society and now reasonable people are hitting back. The internet has enabled it of course. And long may it go on.
Then there are those, like me, that simply don't like to see children manipulated into the folds of outrageous belief systems before they are able to decide for themselves - which is abuse of course.

Too many religious groups do try and ram their message way down our throats. I've got my own beliefs and keep them to myself unless asked about them. Even then, I don't ever attempt to proselytize. And I'm sure that my children will make up their own minds, one way or the other (their old school in London had a muslim assembly in which they were supposed to stand up and say that Allah is the only God. Needless to say I kept them off school that day). So, some of us can have spiritual beliefs without making a nuisance of ourselves.
johnnyposter On July 03, 2011

my box behind Arbys, Ohio
#9New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 14:15:07
If I reply to a religious thread its because I want to understand the reasoning behind a thought.

When I hear someone preaching about evolution being wrong and that the human race started with Adam and Eve, common sence comes knocking and shouts, "This guy makes no f***ing sence." Sometimes I wonder how it makes sence in the crazy's mind.
GreenLightFlix On December 13, 2008

Sarasota, Florida
#10New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 21:18:36
Let's put it this was, if religionists knew as much about their own religion, and all the other religions around the world, as atheists do (who go out of their way to educate themselves about many religions) the whole world would be better off. Religion has caused so much misery to mankind than it is amazing that is has not been outlawed. then again, with all the money churches give to politicianss, that will never happen.
drbeaucroft On January 17, 2013

Banned

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 11:28:36
The reason many atheists 'devote' their time to the cause of religious discussion is to try to make people trapped in their futile lives of blind faith to see sense to enjoy a better, more fruitful existence. They are such kind-hearted souls. They don't do it for thanks or for praise or even for eternal heaven or because 'Jesus told them too'...They do it out of the sheer goodness of their hearts.
ShadyFx8 On October 11, 2017

cairns, Australia
#12New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 01:15:36
why do creationists talk about evolution?
ShadyFx8 On October 11, 2017

cairns, Australia
#13New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 12:03:44
@ShadyFx8 Said

why do creationists talk about evolution?

a blank negative kudos, anyone know why i was given it. the negative kudos just seems like a crusade ageist logic to me
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Leicester, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 12:47:45
@ShadyFx8 Said

a blank negative kudos, anyone know why i was given it. the negative kudos just seems like a crusade ageist logic to me

Yes, I've discussed this before. Neg Kudos is given by people who can't stand up for themselves. Watch.
Prejudge On December 01, 2012

Free,
#15New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 04:43:41
@duploshoes Said

Yes, I've discussed this before. Neg Kudos is given by people who can't stand up for themselves. Watch.

The movie 'Religulous' is the best answer to any religious thread.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs