AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#31New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:20:25
@jonnythan Said
How would he clear that up?

If Jesus came back, he'd end up like David Koresh.

Since this is a fantasy scenario, I'm choosing to extend the fantasy to -

1. He'd tell the absolute truth
2. We'd believe whatever he said as truth

Let's not get into an argument about proof. I'm well aware that in real life there is no way to prove it either way. If you required him to perform miracles the old "I do not have to prove my divinity" chestnut would come out. Even if he outright stated "I'm not the messiah" thousands of Christians would inadvertently quote Monty Python and scream "only the true messiah would deny his divinity!", or alternatively just decry him as a fake altogether.

About the only way to convince the majority of people would be if he performed miracles on demand like a trained sheepdog, and even then there would be skeptics. There is no analagous scenario to convince believers that he is not the son god.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#32New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:24:34
@usa Said
Need I say more... James Morrison

He would def. be one of my picks. Totally selfish reasons. Yum.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#33New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:26:33
@babyrs Said
Kurt Cobain

and my granny.

Was your Granny famous?

Another choice of mine would be whatever King of England thought it was a good idea to invade Ireland 300 years ago. I'd kick his arse.
mitzi On November 18, 2007

Essex, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:30:29
@vizzy Said
He would def. be one of my picks. Totally selfish reasons. Yum.

vizzy I totaly 2nd that

yummmyyyyyy

, Florida
#35New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:38:15
@mitzi Said
vizzy I totaly 2nd that

yummmyyyyyy

Ok, you can bring him back too, but I want first go at him!

Oh Bend, good call...give Kurt Cobain a second chance.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#36New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:39:59
@stumblinthrulife Said
Since this is a fantasy scenario, I'm choosing to extend the fantasy to -

1. He'd tell the absolute truth
2. We'd believe whatever he said as truth

Let's not get into an argument about proof. I'm well aware that in real life there is no way to prove it either way. If you required him to perform miracles the old "I do not have to prove my divinity" chestnut would come out. Even if he outright stated "I'm not the messiah" thousands of Christians would inadvertently quote Monty Python and scream "only the true messiah would deny his divinity!", or alternatively just decry him as a fake altogether.

About the only way to convince the majority of people would be if he performed miracles on demand like a trained sheepdog, and even then there would be skeptics. There is no analagous scenario to convince believers that he is not the son god.

But how would you know it's Jesus?

Are you saying that you'd know because that's specifically who you chose to bring back in this fantasy, so there's no question?

, Florida
#37New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:44:00
Ah! And I would LOVE to go roaming and ranting and raving with Jack Kerouac.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#38New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 19:40:00
@jonnythan Said
But how would you know it's Jesus?

Are you saying that you'd know because that's specifically who you chose to bring back in this fantasy, so there's no question?

Yes. Whoever comes back is specifically who you ask for, and not an imposter. If said person didn't exist, the fantasy will fail to bring back anyone.

Anyhoo, let's get back to the fun part of this, shall we?

On a safer note, I'd bring back Douglas Adams so he can write some more books. I loved your writing Mr. Adams, but damn if you didn't take longer to write a those little books than anybody else in history.
babylon On January 18, 2008

Deleted

Sad El Baouchrieh, Lebanon
#39New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 19:58:18
I would want Sigmund Freud to be back.
I Wonder what he will say about this world!
[img]

And how do u feel about it?
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 20:06:00
@jonnythan Said
How would he clear that up?

If Jesus came back, he'd end up like David Koresh.

Sodium Pentathol
suicide_blonde On April 08, 2008

Deleted

seventh circle of hell, United
#41New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 20:44:55
well since others have posted my original top choices previously, i will say Stu Ungar. the only man to win the World Series of Poker Main Event 3 times. he is considered by those in the know to be one of, if not the, greatest poker player of all time. he is widely regarded as the best gin rummy player ever as well. sadly, Stu developed a taste for cocaine, and drug addiction played a considerable roll in his early death.

not only would i love the opportunity to pick his brain to improve my own game, but i would love to see him play against the cocky youngsters who seem to do so well in the big money tournaments of today.
ditzydoll On May 22, 2009

birmingham, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 20:46:53
ermmmmmmmmmmmmm black beard

aye aye capain
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#44New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 21:37:14
I would bring back the war general the south had in the civil war, not Stonewall Jackson, but General Lee. Mainly because he was the greatest general that ever lived. He was original Lincolns first pick for being the best, but He being born in the south had loyalties. I would want to bring him back for being one of the best military strategist of all time. Despite the south being outnumbered, out-supplied, and out just about everything. They most definitely were not out maneuvered, because of this great general. I feel confident that he could have beaten Iraq like 2 years ago, and moved on to Dar fur, he would be the greatest general around. My history teacher, which was from the north, so he had no draw to him, even said that he was one of the greatest generals of all time.
ditzydoll On May 22, 2009

birmingham, United Kingdom
#45New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 21:40:53
dunno tupac
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs