Random

who is your fav serial killer and why

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
lillypad12455 On May 31, 2012

Kingaroy, Australia
#1New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 13:40:54
mines Ted Bundy, what he did was horrific and was one of the worst serial killers to have ever walked the face of the earth, and yet he was never caught until the earlie to mid 80's and was put to death in 1989. i could go on about him but i was just wonderin what your thoughts were.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 14:34:47
skeletor
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#3New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 15:06:51
Hitler, Stalin. The sheer numbers.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#4New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 15:50:43
Andrew Jackson.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 16:08:56
Jack the Ripper, there's an air of mystery about him that makes all the history seem quite fascinating.

I tend to find serial killers in general quite interesting though, they often have a 'good' backstory (as in interesting, I just didn't want to use it twice in the same sentence). I'd love to look into the mindset of people like that.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 16:14:44
jack the ripper - he was a lady man. the boston stranger - he was only killed boston, if he killed another city, then he called another city's name, i think is that is simply tacky! of course, there is dexter morgan is a man of principles. only kills for justice, of cource, his kind of justice. dexter is a likable, if he kills for a hobby, everybody need a hobby!
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#7New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 17:05:39
Ole Teddy boy (Bundy) hands down!

The fact that he was so intelligent, handsome, and just not at all what you would expect of someone of his mindset...
The fact that I was the type of girl he hunted for (dark haired); and just knowing that he would have very easily charmed me, with no problem at all...that realization is especially chilling.

He made such an impression on me; turned my entire way of thinking completly around in regard to trust, and the character of individuals.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 17:07:32
Ted Bundy, Jack The Ripper, John Wayne Gacey & Ed Gein would be my choices of serial killers I 'like' because they would make a fantastic bunch to psychoanalyse
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 17:08:18
@sTreetAngeL Said

Ole Teddy boy (Bundy) hands down!

The fact that he was so intelligent, handsome, and just not at all what you would expect of someone of his mindset...
The fact that I was the type of girl he hunted for (dark haired); and just knowing that he would have very easily charmed me, with no problem at all...that realization is especially chilling.

He made such an impression on me; turned my entire way of thinking completly around in regard to trust, and the character of individuals.

Do you know why he chose that type of girl to kill?
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 17:26:10
@Sparklegirl Said

Do you know why he chose that type of girl to kill?

I'm not positive ..but it's vaguely familiar that he had a one time fiance whom he loved dearly, and whom fit the exact discription of all the girls he chose to kill. (minus the one blond child, in Florida...but its been speculated that he chose the child, and Florida specifically, because he wanted to get caught, and he knew that Florida, for that crime, would execute him.
Also, with his once having been a lawyer, it's been said it was also to see if he could outsmart the system. )

I think he had equally conflicting feelings in regards to that. I do think a part of him wanted to get caught; but I think he developed a feeling of invincibility; like his charm and wit could get him out of any situation...
The courtroom film, which showed him recieving the verdict that he was going to die...the very sudden change which overtook him in that very instant, his face specifically; was quite unexpected in that he took on a look , which was so diabolical and evil...the 'real' him shone through, right before our very eyes...That monster which he fought so hard to hide from the world,..he just no longer could control; and it made itself visable at once.
It chilled me to the core.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#11New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 17:43:09
@sTreetAngeL Said

I'm not positive ..but it's vaguely familiar that he had a one time fiance whom he loved dearly, and whom fit the exact discription of all the girls he chose to kill. (minus the one blond child, in Florida...but its been speculated that he chose the child, and Florida specifically, because he wanted to get caught, and he knew that Florida, for that crime, would execute him.
Also, with his once having been a lawyer, it's been said it was also to see if he could outsmart the system. )

I think he had equally conflicting feelings in regards to that. I do think a part of him wanted to get caught; but I think he developed a feeling of invincibility; like his charm and wit could get him out of any situation...
The courtroom film, which showed him recieving the verdict that he was going to die...the very sudden change which overtook him in that very instant, his face specifically; was quite unexpected in that he took on a look , which was so diabolical and evil...the 'real' him shone through, right before our very eyes...That monster which he fought so hard to hide from the world,..he just no longer could control; and it made itself visable at once.
It chilled me to the core.

He is a very fascinating charachter. Yes, she broke his heartso he realsied he would be the first suspect if he murdered her so his MO was to kill slim dark haired girls with quite sharp facial features because they were a reminder of his ex which broke his heart.

I would like to see more about that film, would be so good to use as a case study for my forensic criminology course
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#12New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 17:57:06
Freddi. Night mare on Elm Street! But Hitler!
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#13New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 18:13:58
@Sparklegirl Said

He is a very fascinating charachter. Yes, she broke his heartso he realsied he would be the first suspect if he murdered her so his MO was to kill slim dark haired girls with quite sharp facial features because they were a reminder of his ex which broke his heart.

I would like to see more about that film, would be so good to use as a case study for my forensic criminology course

I'll continue to look for the courtroom footage; but have had no luck so far.
I did however, find this article, an interview with Ted Bundy the day before his execution.
I'm not sure what I make really of some of the things he says (as psychopaths, what I know of them, are incapable of feeling for others) but it DOES show you just how intelligent he was; and why I found him, particularly, to be such a chilling person. (as part of me was feeling sorry for him as I read some of the words; even knowing what he did; and I didn't think that was possible.
..Such a grand manipulator; even in written form,.. and that, after the terrible facts.
Chilling indeed. )

https://www.pureintimacy.org/piArticles/A000000433.cfm
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#14New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 18:41:40
@sTreetAngeL Said

I'll continue to look for the courtroom footage; but have had no luck so far.
I did however, find this article, an interview with Ted Bundy the day before his execution.
I'm not sure what I make really of some of the things he says (as psychopaths, what I know of them, are incapable of feeling for others) but it DOES show you just how intelligent he was; and why I found him, particularly, to be such a chilling person. (as part of me was feeling sorry for him as I read some of the words; even knowing what he did; and I didn't think that was possible.
..Such a grand manipulator; even in written form,.. and that, after the terrible facts.
Chilling indeed. )

https://www.pureintimacy.org/piArticles/A000000433.cfm

A psychopath has no conscience & is unable to empathise with others- or very limited ability. He was highly intelligent, that was how he got away with it. so clever
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#15New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 18:56:52
@Sparklegirl Said

A psychopath has no conscience & is unable to empathise with others- or very limited ability. He was highly intelligent, that was how he got away with it. so clever

I realize that; but to read those words,... He mimicks compassion in such a profound way,...that knowing what we know of him, and then realizing that manipulation...his intellect had to be off the charts!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs