The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

what would you put for salary requirement if applying for this position?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#1New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 00:38:08
I'd have to drive a bit to get there, but not really much farther than my home office now, and I drive all day long at my current job. I've wanted to get on with this agency for a while. Median income in the town where the office for this job is located is 38,000 and median income in the town where I live is 48,000. Both of those are well above my current salary. Keep in mind I have a BS in psychology, minor in child studies,half way through a counseling masters, but not planning to finish afterall, currently a mental health case manager and experience in teaching infants, toddlers, and preschoolers (in a low income setting).

Quote:
Provides oversight of the Healthy Start Regional Consortium volunteer programs and activities. Recruits volunteers and provides volunteer management. Provides presentations, facilitates meetings and trainings. Experience working with diverse backgrounds and perinatal clients from low income population in Bootheel counties a plus. Develops and coordinates public relations and education resources for outreach services targeting volunteers and HS case management clients. Experience working with volunteers associated with Public Health and community based programs a plus. Experience in Public Relations, Mental Health, Community Outreach and Community Networking, preferred. Must have organization, time management and communication skills. Bachelor's or Associate degree in Social Services or related field preferred. Experiences may be substituted for education.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 00:42:57
One Billion Dollars! And then pose like this:

Jackson, Missouri
#3New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 00:44:23
Thanks, but I need to put something realistic as I actually need a job. I have one, but it sucks. If I figured the wage for the hours I actually work, I don't know that I would be making minimum wage.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 00:49:29
@alk1975 Said

Thanks, but I need to put something realistic as I actually need a job. I have one, but it sucks. If I figured the wage for the hours I actually work, I don't know that I would be making minimum wage.

Sorry, couldn't resist
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#5New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 00:52:11
As a manager I like to see it when people put that they are open for negotiation. I can see from their application what they were making at all their previous jobs, I can also tell from the interview if they moved up fast in previous companies and what kind of team player they were. It annoys me when people put something that is over shooting the position, for instant people have high expectations for pay in the hotel industry so I get many people applying for front desk asking for $15 an hour and that is crazy talk for a base front desk person.

I also like to write open because I am always curious what the hiring manager will offer me, then I can negotiate what I feel i'm worth.

Also I tell my staff they might feel they are worth x amount but they still have to prove it to get paid it. So settling for less can be beneficial because you can show that you are worth way more and if they don't increase then it's time to find a new job.

Jackson, Missouri
#6New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 00:56:10
@pinksparklystars Said

As a manager I like to see it when people put that they are open for negotiation. I can see from their application what they were making at all their previous jobs, I can also tell from the interview if they moved up fast in previous companies and what kind of team player they were. It annoys me when people put something that is over shooting the position, for instant people have high expectations for pay in the hotel industry so I get many people applying for front desk asking for $15 an hour and that is crazy talk for a base front desk person.

I also like to write open because I am always curious what the hiring manager will offer me, then I can negotiate what I feel i'm worth.

Also I tell my staff they might feel they are worth x amount but they still have to prove it to get paid it. So settling for less can be beneficial because you can show that you are worth way more and if they don't increase then it's time to find a new job.

I typically put open or negotiable, but that hasn't really gotten me too far lately. I also try whenever possible to not disclose previous salaries as I feel that having worked low income jobs in the past (while going to school later in life and graduating during this horrible recession)tends to get me typecast into lower salaries. My current job though pays the same regardless of who they hire, and rarely gives raises. I make slightly less than our most seasoned person in the same position as I.

Austin, Texas
#7New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 01:06:26
It defiantly looks like you have what they are looking for, you aren't going to want to over shoot it though so I would maybe research what this position should pay. You don't want to come of as greedy but you want to seem aware of the value you will bring to the company. I would say in-between 36 and 40 some where.

Jackson, Missouri
#8New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 01:14:00
@pinksparklystars Said

It defiantly looks like you have what they are looking for, you aren't going to want to over shoot it though so I would maybe research what this position should pay. You don't want to come of as greedy but you want to seem aware of the value you will bring to the company. I would say in-between 36 and 40 some where.

See, I kind of think for around here, that might be overshooting it, but I am not sure. It is definitely more than I make now. Hmm. My husband thinks 25, but I think that may be a bit low. However, someone on another forum I am on also said mid 20's. Maybe I need to go upper twenties?

Austin, Texas
#9New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 01:20:48
Salary always makes me nervous, when I got my last promotion I was feeling that the job duties and the market held for me to be getting 36 but unfortunately my manager didn't feel that way and way under offered me. She told me that being I just graduated collage I shouldn't have expected any more than 30.

I felt that I was a huge asset to the company though and it annoys me still that she doesn't feel that she needs to pay me properly for the out put of work that I give her.

Jackson, Missouri
#10New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 01:24:37
uh huh. And see, I worry about what I said earlier. Once you take a job at a lower salary, then you are viewed as only being worth that salary. Even when the recession is over, those who hire on in a recession tend to always make less due to their salary history. Sigh.

Austin, Texas
#11New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 01:26:39
agree!!! I always have to fight that battle. I hope that it pans out for you though

Jackson, Missouri
#12New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 01:28:41
@pinksparklystars Said

agree!!! I always have to fight that battle. I hope that it pans out for you though

Thanks. Good luck with your next salary negotiation.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs