Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#2New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 19:42:07
exercising
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 19:43:39
beetroot apparently, and no dieting at 14, unless your technically overweight/obese is very dangerous.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#4New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 19:44:47
Don't mess with your metabolism.
x33babyy On August 08, 2009

dontwanagetraped,
#5New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 19:51:59
haha.
guyss.
its not me.
its actually for my mom.
cause shes all, "go ask the people on your forum site".
soooo I am.
she says is there any particular foods she can eat that speeds it up. something my dad can prepareeee.

so. i dont know. but i dont need to speed up my motabilism. mines fine.
emma_m On August 21, 2008

On TFS leave......, United Kin
#6New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 19:55:11
A little chilli in your meals is meant to, best way is exercise
x33babyy On August 08, 2009

dontwanagetraped,
#7New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 19:58:32
yeah thats what I told her.
and she like are you sureeeeeeee theres nothing I can eat.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#8New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 19:59:34
Here are a few tips I've found.

Get active - it's a sure-fire way to increase the amount of muscle you have, which in turn will speed up your metabolism. Do a mixture of aerobic and resistance training for best results. And don't forget to be more active in your daily life too.

Eat little and often - there's evidence that eating small, regular meals throughout the day, rather than one or two large meals, may help to keep your metabolism ticking over. Surprisingly, around 10 percent of the calories we use each day go on digesting and absorbing food - so the more times you eat, the greater this effect is likely to be.

Eat plenty of protein-rich foods - research shows that around 25 percent of calories in a protein-rich meal may be burnt off. But make sure you choose low-fat protein foods such as lean meat, skinless chicken and low-fat dairy products.

Spice up meals - it's not an old wives tale after all! Spices like chilli are thought to raise metabolism by up to 50 percent for up to three hours after eating, due to increasing your heart rate. But before putting the local Indian takeaway on speed dial, work out which curries have the lowest calorie and fat content.

Swap you daily cuppa for green tea - there's evidence that it contains antioxidants that speed up metabolism.

Try a CLA supplement - more extensive studies need to be carried out before any definite conclusions can be drawn, but research has shown that conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) might increase muscle and therefore boost metabolism.

Chill out - research shows that being very cold can increase metabolism by up to 20 percent.

Have a sauna - being very hot is also thought to boost metabolism by about 20 percent (but check you don't have any underlying medical problems that mean you shouldn't go in saunas or steam rooms).
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 20:00:30
Chili's and Exercise.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 20:24:44
Building muscle mass and increasing cardiovascular health will raise the body's baseline metabolic rate.

This means that your body will burn more calories when at rest.

You lose weight when the body burns more calories than it consumes.

There are no foods that will do it for you. There are no shortcuts, there are no easy ways around it. To lose weight you must make the calories burned so they are higher than calories consumed.

It should be noted that lowering calories consumed without increasing exercise will lead the body to *lower* its metabolism. This will make you feel weaker and more sluggish as well as make your body bounce its weight back up when you start eating normally again.
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#11New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 20:33:12
In terms of food supposedly antioxidants can help, but antioxidants still haven't been fully explored some doctors think they do more bad then good.
Basically if you want to get thinner you shouldn't look to food unless you already eat a lot of fatty foods then obviously cut it down.
The only reliable way to speed up metabolism and lose weight is to do half an hour light aerobic exercise per day and usually before meals is best time for this.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 20:35:32
Eating fatty foods has nothing to do with getting fat.

A bottle of soda is more fattening than two tablespoons of butter.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 20:38:09
I love being a teenager. I fill myself with s***e all day long, and other than playing football at lunch time at School I get no excersise. Yet I am thin, and suprisingly fit.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 20:39:36
Doesn't mean that your cholesterol isn't high or that you're not priming yourself for heart disease.

All that "s***e" you fill yourself with is working against you. It all counts in the end.
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#15New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 20:44:53
@jonnythan Said
Eating fatty foods has nothing to do with getting fat.

A bottle of soda is more fattening than two tablespoons of butter.

Hmm by fatty foods I was referring to things mainly like takeaway foods, yes some soda's can be worse for you and obviously sweets and chocolate are too but I was referring to meals because she was talking about what her dad makes for her, sugary foods are usually snacks not meals...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs