The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

what are your views on illegal drug abuse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
simplysami On November 26, 2008

manchester, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:34:26
what kind of influence do celebrities who abuse drugs have on people in the uk?

is the drug scene as glamorous as it's portrayed?

what influences people to start taking drugs? and does the fact that your faourite band take drugs influence you?

any feedback would be great!
goatboy On September 25, 2011

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:41:43
@simplysami Said

what kind of influence do celebrities who abuse drugs have on people in the uk?

is the drug scene as glamorous as it's portrayed?

what influences people to start taking drugs? and does the fact that your faourite band take drugs influence you?

any feedback would be great!

It aint big, it aint funny and it CERTAINLY aint cool!

It's soooooooo widespread in this country now that it's easier to get smack and coke than it is to get weed, and that's surely not a very good sign at all!

if you chose to do it, it should be your choice, and yours alone, and I have no problem with anyone doing it, just so long as they don't try to push it on me or on to others, because then I would have to kick the living s*** out of them!
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#3New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:42:40
What's the difference between illegal & legal drug abuse. THe in-crowd does the legal scene.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#4New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:45:24
Why do you need Drugs?????,isn't just being alive a big enough trip????????

I'll admit I tried wacky weed many years ago and it put me to sleep,I remember thinking then,If this is all it does,I'll just go to bed anyway and never touched it again.Or any other drug for that matter.
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#5New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:47:54
i don't think that drug abuse is glamorized in this day and age.

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:50:21
@skottie Said

i don't think that drug abuse is glamorized in this day and age.

It is in Britain, there are people who's sole claim to fame is that they are f***ed up on drugs!
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:52:37
Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. I would say Amy Winehouse has had a positive effect in that she wound up such a mess. My sister's friends were saying that they'd never do coke cos of what happened to her.

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:54:17
@crazychica Said

Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. I would say Amy Winehouse has had a positive effect in that she wound up such a mess. My sister's friends were saying that they'd never do coke cos of what happened to her.

GOOD!!!

well then at least some good will have come out of her miserable existence
desperadO On May 04, 2009

Deleted

prisoner, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:55:21

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:57:38
@desperadO Said

I met him once, backstage at a Libertines gig, I'd never seen someone in such a state, and the sad thing is that he has all the potential in the world, and none of the drive to realise it
desperadO On May 04, 2009

Deleted

prisoner, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 19:00:00
@goatboy Said

I met him once, backstage at a Libertines gig, I'd never seen someone in such a state, and the sad thing is that he has all the potential in the world, and none of the drive to realise it

i know lots of talent gone down the pan,shame
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#12New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 19:00:42
My sister uses drugs (legal and illegal) illegally, because she can't get a doctor to prescribe pain medicine for her -- when i've lived with her and I KNOW she is in serious pain.

I heard the doctor tell her once he would prescribe anti-depressants -- instead of pain medicine, because he knew it was hard living with pain. I heard it with my own two ears.

People use drugs for many reasons. A very common one is pain. Whether it be physical or mental -- people hurt, and they take drugs to numb the pain.

If the government wants to control all the medicine -- so that the best anyone can get is aspirin or alcohol -- without having to fork over $200 to the doctor and the drug store first -- to hell with the government. People need drugs/medicine.

Why do people take drugs? To escape the pain.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 19:04:47
People need their meds but there is a major abuse risk, even with OTCs. One of the most abused drugs in Britain is co-codamol, an OTC. (paracetemol and codeine phosphate)
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#14New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 19:17:52
Co-codamol? Any otc with codeine in the USA would be made illegal in no time.

In the USA you can't even get an OTC asthma inhaler without first paying off a doctor to give you a prescription, and then paying off the pharmacist to give you the inhaler.

It's all a money racket. You can't get anti-biotics, you can't get anything -- without paying off the doctors first. So people go to the street.

Recreational drugs -- people will experiment or they won't. Anyone who does it because "some rock-star" or "movie star" does it -- is a freaking moron.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#15New Post! Oct 24, 2008 @ 02:30:31
I honestly think that it should be legal for someone to do drugs if they so want to, it's your life and therefore your choice if you wanna f*** everything up then go for it. But I believe that we should NOT waste our tax money on those lowlives going to rehab for doing drugs. In the US I feel that if the government regulated drugs then we'd take the power away from the major drug kingpins and we could have standards for drugs to make sure that it's not made of anything hazardous.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs