Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
DestenyGrace On January 03, 2012

Pendleton, Oregon
#16New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:08:18
@theta Said

alcohol was in the western world a good few hundred years before weed
tobaco is worse than weed and is only still legal because it has been used publicly for so much longer.

Tobacco is not mind altering. In my opinion, alcohol should be illegal, too, but I don't see why tobacco should be. Tobacco might harm the smoker, but when smoking away from others, you should be allowed to.
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:10:09
I have seen first hand how weed leads to the use of harder drugs.

to get weed you have to associate with the criminal fraternity.

I say no. horses say nay.

Pendleton, Oregon
#18New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:10:30
@iliterate_enginere Said

I've seen more messed up for weed. But yes, alcohol abuse can permanantly mess you up as well. However, your liver can repair itself, unlike your lungs. Also, weed smells way worse than alcohol, not to mention with weed you have second hand smoke, which to me makes it much worse.

Ask any doctor, your lungs can repair themselves over years.
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#19New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:13:39
Weed became illegal for various buisness and political reasons back in 1937. Here's a good little essay on it if you want to really know why and what started it.

https://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html
babysgotagun On September 06, 2019

#20New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:13:49
@DestenyGrace Said

You keep saying stuff about alcohol, but nobody else has mentioned it being better. Nobody said alocohol is better than marijuana.

clearly but I was comparing the two as one is legal while the other is not. Granted weed may lead to harder drugs just out of curiosity/experimentation but so can alcohol.
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:14:50
@DestenyGrace Said

Ask any doctor, your lungs can repair themselves over years.

they can clean themselves out, but not rebuild.

Pendleton, Oregon
#22New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:17:35
You have to be in the right "circle" to get ahold of marijuana, and that circle can get ahold of other, harder drugs much easier than the straight shooter who drinks legally on occasion.

As it stands, with marijuana being illegal, it is easier and more common for marijuana smokers to get ahold of or experiment with harder drugs than it is with the guy who has a few beers in his free time.
zlotyz On February 24, 2009

Deleted

London, Canada
#23New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:20:02
The only thing that should be illegal is harming other people. No one has a right to dictate how another person chooses to live their life.There are way too many people locked up as it is. Live and let live.
babysgotagun On September 06, 2019

#24New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:23:03
@DestenyGrace Said

You have to be in the right "circle" to get ahold of marijuana, and that circle can get ahold of other, harder drugs much easier than the straight shooter who drinks legally on occasion.

As it stands, with marijuana being illegal, it is easier and more common for marijuana smokers to get ahold of or experiment with harder drugs than it is with the guy who has a few beers in his free time.

nah, not really. Everyone knows a pot smoker, even if you think you don't.. I can probably bet you do. It's not about getting ahold of the stuff, that itself is very easy. Most of the people you see in bars drinking or out partying most likely tried weed even if it was a one time deal. It's the people who you surround yourself with and common sense or lack of when trying harder drugs.

Pendleton, Oregon
#25New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:24:26
@iliterate_enginere Said

they can clean themselves out, but not rebuild.

Stop-Smoking_Updates.com

EHealth Forum

Pendleton, Oregon
#26New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:27:01
@babysgotagun Said

nah, not really. Everyone knows a pot smoker, even if you think you don't.. I can probably bet you do. It's not about getting ahold of the stuff, that itself is very easy. Most of the people you see in bars drinking or out partying most likely tried weed even if it was a one time deal. It's the people who you surround yourself with and common sense or lack of when trying harder drugs.

I have tried weed, I used to smoke a lot actualy, until I realized I needed to grow up.

EVERYONE I know who smokes weed, which is a lot of people because I have lived in a town of 17,000 people for the better part of 10 years and have associated with a lot of different groups. Went through the stoner circle, the cowboy circle, the gang banger circe, etc. and all the people who smoke know where to get harder drugs. Where there's one, there's more.
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#27New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:28:42

Those links aren't working for me.
Wilkipedia-Liver Look in the regeneration section.
zlotyz On February 24, 2009

Deleted

London, Canada
#28New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:29:15
@DestenyGrace Said

I have tried weed, I used to smoke a lot actualy, until I realized I needed to grow up.

EVERYONE I know who smokes weed, which is a lot of people because I have lived in a town of 17,000 people for the better part of 10 years and have associated with a lot of different groups. Went through the stoner circle, the cowboy circle, the gang banger circe, etc. and all the people who smoke know where to get harder drugs. Where there's one, there's more.
All the more reason to legalize it.

Pendleton, Oregon
#29New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:35:10
@zlotyz Said

All the more reason to legalize it.

It's mind altering. It should not be legal, as far as I am concerned.

Pendleton, Oregon
#30New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:38:51
@iliterate_enginere Said

Those links aren't working for me.
Wilkipedia-Liver Look in the regeneration section.

He said repair, not regenerate.

When you have someone come to your house to repair a leak in a roof, is the entire roof perfect?
No.
It's better than before, but not "good as new".
You would have to replace the whole thing to make it perfect.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs