Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! Dec 07, 2018 @ 13:29:09
@Leon Said

Thanks for sharing! How does the wav file sound compare to the sound coming directly from the vinyl when listening to each with the same set of speakers (if possible)? I was curious if there is a discernible difference.

Yeah, I think it's a little discernible. Enough to make it worthwhile to risk the wear on them and play the actual records sometimes. I don't know if it's a psychological trick played on me by myself because I know the medium is different or if there is actually a perceptible difference, but there's something about tangibly touching the record and laying it on the turntable...moving the stylus and hearing the snap of it as it hits the surface of the disc that's satisfying in a way that hitting a button can never be. And maybe all that makes me believe there's a difference in sound quality when there isn't one...but I think there is one.
mrmhead On about 20 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Dec 07, 2018 @ 19:18:35
@Eaglebauer Said
but there's something about tangibly touching the record and laying it on the turntable...moving the stylus and hearing the snap of it as it hits the surface of the disc that's satisfying in a way that hitting a button can never be. And maybe all that makes me believe there's a difference in sound quality when there isn't one...but I think there is one.

Kind of like in the old days you can slam the phone down to hang up on someone with a bit of satisfaction.

Today, poking a button just isn't the same.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Dec 07, 2018 @ 19:29:59
@mrmhead Said

Kind of like in the old days you can slam the phone down to hang up on someone with a bit of satisfaction.

Today, poking a button just isn't the same.

PRECISELY
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs