Apple Computers

the big question

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 · >>
i_had_a_motive On January 15, 2006

Tralee, Ireland
#91New Post! Jan 15, 2006 @ 01:53:00
I swing both ways with windows and macs, apparently johnnythan you are lying about the fact that you have bever had a crash on an XP, i have used windows for 6 years and I have had to reboot my computer once in a while. And as for the fact that spyware does exist for mac, that is also a lie, as I have checked around and frankly no, it doesn't exist, so you can stop all the lies now, for your own sake.
i_had_a_motive On January 15, 2006

Tralee, Ireland
#92New Post! Jan 15, 2006 @ 01:55:50
And also, my mate Enda uses a 12" powerbook G4 and he has never had a problem on it, we just made a podcast on it now using Garageband. He has never had ot reboot it and has never caught a virus or got spyware, in the near future I will probably but a 12" iBook since they are so cool.
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#93New Post! Jan 22, 2006 @ 18:35:24
Please watch this!
https://www.wimp.com/macs/
23886 On June 30, 2009

Banned

#94New Post! Jan 22, 2006 @ 19:23:17
@i_had_a_motive Said
I swing both ways with windows and macs, apparently johnnythan you are lying about the fact that you have bever had a crash on an XP, i have used windows for 6 years and I have had to reboot my computer once in a while. And as for the fact that spyware does exist for mac, that is also a lie, as I have checked around and frankly no, it doesn't exist, so you can stop all the lies now, for your own sake.

so naive...

all that crap exists for MAC, it's just not found as easily

and I've used windows for 12 years anyways, you wouldn't remember windows 3.0. well I do, and almost everything became an "Illegal operation", same with windows 95. but if you've found ways to work with those versions, XP is easy not to crash, even mine's only crashed because of me doing hardware changes and/or finding the effect of certain malicious code, even linux crashes under things like that. heck, linux crashes if you try to load too many apps at once without latting the swap partition have a chance to take some load off the memory
23886 On June 30, 2009

Banned

#95New Post! Jan 22, 2006 @ 19:26:05
@shug Said
Please watch this!
https://www.wimp.com/macs/

so true

<-- has used a 1995 and 1990 mac
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#96New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:17:54
https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=13911&Page=1&pagePos=2

whiter_light On October 21, 2008

Melbourne, Australia
#97New Post! Feb 26, 2006 @ 01:18:00
Well I can tell you from my experience that it will be a cold night in hell before I ever go near a PC again. I had always used a PC up until about 12 months ago, and had it not been for how s***ty XP was I would never have considered a Mac.

XP doesn't crash? Yeah right! Mine crashed constantly. Mac OSX does? Well mine has never crashed. And I don't have to worry about defragging or any of that bulls*** either.

Now you can argue all you want that if you maintain a PC properly it will probably run fine without any crashes. This maybe true, but to be totally honest I've got better things to do with my time than spend hours on end staring at my computer screen in an attempt to get it to run correctly. The time I spend on my Mac for maintainence alone is absolutely nothing! (What's to maintain?) It does what I want, when I want every single time. Which is more than I can say for any PC I've ever had.

Add to that the fact that I haven't even got any anti-virus software running and never have. Try that with PC and see how long you last. And before anyone says that the reason there aren't viruses written for Mac is because there aren't as many Macs as PC's, who cares? The fact is I don't have to worry about them.

As far as I'm concerned, Macs are far more user friendly than any PC.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#98New Post! Mar 06, 2006 @ 16:54:24
https://www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/soa/Mac_OS_X_hacked_in_less_than_30_minutes/0,2000061744,39241748,00.htm

"ZDnet is running an article on how a Swedish Mac OS X enthusiast held a competition to prove how good security was on his new fully patched Mac Mini was. Unfortunately, 30 minutes after the competition began, a hacker known as 'gwerdna' had broken in and defaced the website, thus winning the contest. According to gwerdna, 'Mac OS X is easy pickings for bug finders. That said, it doesn't have the market share to really interest most serious bug finders.'."
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#99New Post! Mar 07, 2006 @ 14:04:34
Description: Apple has released a cumulative security update for Mac OS X that fixes 20 vulnerabilities. This update fixes several critical vulnerabilities in Safari browser that can be exploited by a malicious webpage to compromise a user's system. Exploit code for one of the Safari flaws is publicly available.

Active exploits for an unpatched OS X vulnerability!
23886 On June 30, 2009

Banned

#100New Post! Mar 12, 2006 @ 02:42:17
@whiter_light Said
Well I can tell you from my experience that it will be a cold night in hell before I ever go near a PC again. I had always used a PC up until about 12 months ago, and had it not been for how s***ty XP was I would never have considered a Mac.

XP doesn't crash? Yeah right! Mine crashed constantly. Mac OSX does? Well mine has never crashed. And I don't have to worry about defragging or any of that bulls*** either.

Now you can argue all you want that if you maintain a PC properly it will probably run fine without any crashes. This maybe true, but to be totally honest I've got better things to do with my time than spend hours on end staring at my computer screen in an attempt to get it to run correctly. The time I spend on my Mac for maintainence alone is absolutely nothing! (What's to maintain?) It does what I want, when I want every single time. Which is more than I can say for any PC I've ever had.

Add to that the fact that I haven't even got any anti-virus software running and never have. Try that with PC and see how long you last. And before anyone says that the reason there aren't viruses written for Mac is because there aren't as many Macs as PC's, who cares? The fact is I don't have to worry about them.

As far as I'm concerned, Macs are far more user friendly than any PC.

I don't run an anti-virus for windows either, the only way I've found to get a virus is to do something really stupid...
nikalaos On January 23, 2010

Quispamsis, Canada
#101New Post! Mar 29, 2006 @ 19:45:32
I've used both in my life, and I prefer Macs, as a photographer, their perfect
for me. PCs really suck when it comes to digital imaging. I wouldn't say I hate
PC, but I like everything about Macs.
I used a PC (my family's computer) for most of my life, then, I had the choice
to get my own, so I bought a Mac. I love it so much. My dad has been playing
around with my mac for a while, and he's decided to get one. He's even a
hardcore PC guy.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#102New Post! Mar 29, 2006 @ 19:48:06
Tycho said it best, IMO:
@Tycho Said
There has always been something illicit about playing for the other team.

Gabriel's MacBook doesn't arrive until... they start arriving, later this month, but save for platform-dependent gaming I've used my own Mac for every computing task this week. What I have ascertained is not that PCs as we know them lack good design, but that PCs as we know them have hardly any design to speak of. I'm not trying to be insulting. Use a Mac for a week, and we'll talk again.

I have edited autoexec.bat files in order to optimize the amount of available conventional memory, and I liked doing it, liked being the sort of person who could. As a PC user, enduring the grotesqueries of that experience is something that we are actually proud of. It's come a long way since then, jokes about "blue screens" and what not ring like tired vaudeville acts. But those struggles were certainly real, the battle wounds considerable, and now the skin has grown over it and to a certain extent we think this is just how it is.

I didn't even understand that's what was going on until I started to write this. Like men who love the wilderness for its savage and untamed qualities, I believe many of us are drawn to this stark brutality. That frontier living, the self reliance, the adversity. The Mac, like The Alliance in World of Warcraft, was easy mode.

I don't think that the Macintosh was inspired by ancient holy scrolls, found in a sea cave and excised from the original bible by a convocation of priests and wise men. But I do like it very much. It is extremely good at what it does, which is to say, exposing functionality.

Macs are *great* in many many ways.
arod On December 19, 2008

NYC, New York
#103New Post! May 03, 2006 @ 11:09:25
Rock on MAC!!!!!

Windows are slow and dull. While macs are beautiful and faster.

I have the Mac OSX 10.4

It rocks
jesso568667 On October 26, 2008

Auckland, New Zealand
#104New Post! Sep 14, 2006 @ 08:57:10
APPLE AND MAC SUCK!

I agree with "jonnythan" WINDOWS BASED PCS ARE MUCH FASTER THAN APPLES AND IMACS!
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#105New Post! Sep 14, 2006 @ 12:20:43
@jesso568667 Said
APPLE AND MAC SUCK!

I agree with "jonnythan" WINDOWS BASED PCS ARE MUCH FASTER THAN APPLES AND IMACS!

Where did I say that?

If I said it, I'm sorry, I misstated something. Windows PCs are not faster than Apple PCs (even though they don't like to call them PCs).
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs