the atheists i grew up with

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#1New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 04:22:17
the atheists i grew up with.
i'm talking about the families in my neighborhood whos parents raised their kids atheist.

they ended up losers.
uncareing.
selfish.
liers.

personal experience.
stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 04:35:57
lets talk about fred and keri catching a mouse and wanting to see what happened when they tourched it with a road flare.
i was so mad at myself for not fighting them to save that mouse.
i prayed hard.
they told me later how mad they are because the mouse got away.
mad???
what about the mouse?????
pity?
thought for others feelings????

NOT IN THE ATHEISTS I GREW UP WITH!!!!

is atheism the answer???

NO.
talk about bullies.
no concept of anything but ME ME ME
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 04:39:52
tom is a child molester.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#4New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 04:44:14
what is the answer?

teach your kids right from wrong.
teach them to defend the weak, not take advantage of them.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 04:46:19
any atheist want to challenge my personal experience?

did i see screwwed up religious homes too?
YES, but not on the % that the atheist homes were.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#6New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:11:27
Well, we are atheists, and our children choose for themselves. Our son is atheist, but always defends the weaker. He understands what it is like to be judged and be different. He has been there. One of the kindest souls you could ever meet. He's 15.

Our daughter likes to go to church with friends, but I think that is because she is so social, more than anything. She volunteered her time recently to work a food drive, loves the charity projects that her scout troop does, and has a heart for animals. The minute she is old enough to be accepted she wants to volunteer at the local animal shelter, and I am certain she will be great at it.

Our children are raised by atheists who believe in and do give to charity, assist others who we know in our personal lives who are in need of help, and serve others in a variety of ways.

However, I would never think to judge that all other atheists are just like us or share our values. Just like other "groups" of people, we are individuals.

Jackson, Missouri
#7New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:13:22
I think it is also important to clarify "atheist" as it is not exactly the same as the non-religious, the angry at God, or the couldn't care less if there is a god about to send the to hell or not crowd.

Jackson, Missouri
#8New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:14:42
@Willi Said

tom is a child molester.

So are lots of religious people. In fact, a lot of pedophiles attend church for the easier access to kids and the trust it gains among the parents.

Jackson, Missouri
#9New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:15:35
@Willi Said

what is the answer?

teach your kids right from wrong.
teach them to defend the weak, not take advantage of them.

You are right. Those are some grand things to do, and would solve a lot of problems. Can you please explain what that has to do with one's religious beliefs?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#10New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:16:09
@alk1975 Said

Well, we are atheists, and our children choose for themselves. Our son is atheist, but always defends the weaker. He understands what it is like to be judged and be different. He has been there. One of the kindest souls you could ever meet. He's 15.

Our daughter likes to go to church with friends, but I think that is because she is so social, more than anything. She volunteered her time recently to work a food drive, loves the charity projects that her scout troop does, and has a heart for animals. The minute she is old enough to be accepted she wants to volunteer at the local animal shelter, and I am certain she will be great at it.

Our children are raised by atheists who believe in and do give to charity, assist others who we know in our personal lives who are in need of help, and serve others in a variety of ways.

However, I would never think to judge that all other atheists are just like us or share our values. Just like other "groups" of people, we are individuals.

you taught values.
those i knew rejected the idea of God, there by refusing to teach any good moral lesons.

an indicater of all atheists? NO.

but i get so fed up with hearing how christians are the problem, and athiests angles.

Jackson, Missouri
#11New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:16:41
@Willi Said

is atheism the answer???

NO.
talk about bullies.
no concept of anything but ME ME ME

Actually that describes many fundamentalists that I know.

Jackson, Missouri
#12New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:18:21
@Willi Said

you taught values.
those i knew rejected the idea of God, there by refusing to teach any good moral lesons.

an indicater of all atheists? NO.

but i get so fed up with hearing how christians are the problem, and athiests angles.

You posted a thread calling out atheists and insulting them and implying that their beliefs are the problem and wonder why the group of people to which you belong gets criticized? Perhaps it is your attitude that makes people see you in a negative light, and your constant religious talk that makes them think there is a correlation.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:20:18
@alk1975 Said

You are right. Those are some grand things to do, and would solve a lot of problems. Can you please explain what that has to do with one's religious beliefs?

you answered that.
those who say "no God', no need to teach anything them dumb a** christians believe in.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:22:03
@alk1975 Said

Actually that describes many fundamentalists that I know.

me too.

so maybe its about not teaching we are bad to each other because of belief, but because of actions?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Dec 24, 2013 @ 05:25:19
@alk1975 Said

You posted a thread calling out atheists and insulting them and implying that their beliefs are the problem and wonder why the group of people to which you belong gets criticized? Perhaps it is your attitude that makes people see you in a negative light, and your constant religious talk that makes them think there is a correlation.

read post #5.

g'nite
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs