Politics

the United States government

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
hypnotic8988 On April 19, 2010

col, Colorado
#1New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 20:56:14
I am really upset with the USA government. Every person in the government seems to be over and above the law. I am sick and tired of these loop holes and exceptions in our law that is based power by money.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 21:00:47
@hypnotic8988 Said

I am really upset with the USA government. Every person in the government seems to be over and above the law. I am sick and tired of these loop holes and exceptions in our law that is based power by money.

When has this never been the case?

col, Colorado
#3New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 21:11:40
ya im sure it jsut really bugs me like the gay marriage debate and the health care one too
AllieKLong On July 30, 2010

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 21:49:49
I agree. Although I live in Canada, I still think the health care bill was a BIG mistake for the U.S.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 22:20:00
I do take a bit of an interest in the workings of the US government because what happens politically stateside invariably affects the UK in one way or another.

It seems to me that US politics has been particularly polarised since the democrats got back in, especially with Obama at the head. I think it could just be 'growing pains' .. the US democracy will eventually be much the better for the airing of all the recent vitriolic comments made by both sides.

col, Colorado
#6New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 23:07:17
for those of you out of the untied states there is soooo much you dont hear and see. the way our entire country is ran is crock rockus! for instance Canada has the laws that are throughout the entire country. the us from the top to the bottom is run like this. federal, state, county, city, residential, property. so many of them counter act inflict. it almost impossible to know whats going on. this creates loopholes and other abilities to be above the law. Not to mention on a complete different note our education stanerds are less than desirable compared to other countries
mtok On April 20, 2010

W.H., Florida
#7New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 23:22:14
hypnotic8988, the way to help put a stop to what you complain about is, for you and others that normally do not take an interest in gov't until older, take and interest now. Inform yourself on the people, policies and problems and what those running for office stand for. Most politicians start out at the local level and go up through the system. If we stop the yoyo,s at the local level and demand those we do elect do right by the people it will slow down and maybe stop the problems as we weed out those that do not put us first.
_abnormalmind_ On January 04, 2013

Central Florida, Florida
#8New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 23:34:59
The problem with democracy is ... well ... democracy. The whole system is designed to work against itself, since we rely on individuals who form pacts to further an agenda against another set of interests from another group of individuals. It is easier for a mining company to move a mountain than our republic to adopt a "simple" piece of legislation. HCR ain't simple. It's divisive.

col, Colorado
#9New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 23:45:37
very true, and i do take an interest in it. i have studied politics from a very young age. I have friends who are high up and I see more than the average person does. there is much are government hides from us and does not want us to know. I am very uncomfortable with this idea that a leader of our country whether its a person or people to hide things from its people. im not saying we are a perfect country but at this point as someone has seen and experienced more than the average american. there is a lot to be unhappy about

col, Colorado
#10New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 23:48:18
i agree completely with _abnormalmind_ the deomcaracy does work against itself. i belive if we worked with each other we would be som much further along than most other countries in our technology and healt knowledge. any large community or country who has helped each other instead of against in history has achieved a higer amount of techology faster that worked together.

col, Colorado
#11New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 00:23:29
does anyone else have a opinion

col, Colorado
#12New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 01:19:18
apparently not
Antinwo On October 25, 2013

Denver,
#13New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 05:05:42
From what I see, it is too late to fight the injustice of this country.......without.......a real revolution, the second American revolution. It's already happening. A lot people of this country are losing their jobs, their houses, their way of life, while this government spends more of our money in ways that do not benefit the American people. The country is bankrupt and we're carrying on business as usual. We are creating the greatest depression this world has ever seen.

Obama preaches change, but has anything really changed? People were fooled into thinking that one man could save us all from what George Bush and his cronies helped escalate. The new boss looks a lot like the old boss. The truth is that nothing is going to change if we, ourselves, are not willing to change. That's why I think that there is going to be a second American Revolution. Because when people start losing the things that we all take for granted, a house, a car, a job, a warm bed to fall into.....They have no choice but to change. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It will be out of that desperation, that people will start to rebel.

More and more americans, everyday, are losing their vision of the American dream. Since Obama took office, our military activity around the world has increased 3%. Obama has spent more in the first year and a half of his presidency, then Bush did his first three years. Nothing is getting better, and our governments actions only perpetuate the problem. This is starting to be noticed by all. There is no left or right, republican or democrat, this is just an illusion. Just a way of pinning us against each other, a distraction, to take the attention away from them and their actions. Which is frustrating to me on a level that is incomprehensible.

I start to ramble, so I will leave you with this. You sound like you are concerned about this issue, and I urge you to find an outlet for this frustration that helps the cause. Start protesting, connect with people who are passionate about the same thing, try and get your family and friends involved with it. Change doesn't happen without action. Be the change you wish to see. And hopefully it is nonviolent. Violence is only met with more violence. ANd with all the power the government has acquired over the years, that would make their objective much easier to accomplish.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#14New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 09:39:07
@hypnotic8988 Said

i agree completely with _abnormalmind_ the deomcaracy does work against itself. i belive if we worked with each other we would be som much further along than most other countries in our technology and healt knowledge. any large community or country who has helped each other instead of against in history has achieved a higer amount of techology faster that worked together.

Exactly. But you cant substitute Democracy with any other form of government, like Communism or Dictatorship. That's too risky, and it gives the government (or leader of it) the chance to take too much power. It's hard. You have to choose between Democracy and the troubles it comes with, or a dictatorship and the probability that it's going to end out bad and bloody.
NikiNiki On January 04, 2011

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#15New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 12:02:58
@hypnotic8988 Said

Really? Every person is above the law? Do you have a list of names of persons who are above the law?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs