thai brides

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 16:55:59
ive got an elderly customer,of 83, widowed several years ago, and is a really lovely chap, he has been going on holiday to thailand for a couple of years and has told me he has met a nice girl out there, i called at his place today to be greeted by a young 19 year old thai girl, very attractive, bill (the customer) came out after and introduced her as his wife. i nearly choked on my cuppa, i am really happy for him, but is it right for such relationships, is it a glorified sex trade afterall, and is he being exploited for his money?

i agree everyone deserves to be loved and to be happy, but cant help thinking that this is morally wrong.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 16:58:28
yeah I don't think it's right, but at the end of the day a relationship doesn't have to be sexual and perverse especially as a person gets older (into their 80's) I think it's companionship.
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 16:59:13
He is an old guy getting the chance to do a 19 year old girl, fair play to him!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#4New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:02:46
@Hinckleylad Said

bill (the customer) came out after and introduced her as his wife. i nearly choked on my cuppa, i am really happy for him, but is it right for such relationships, is it a glorified sex trade afterall, and is he being exploited for his money?

Let's see.. the young beautiful girl is with the old man for his money, and he's with her for the sex.

Sounds like the sacred institution of marriage is alive and well. It's a good thing they don't allow gays to marry, or we might sully its good reputation.
Say whaaa

#5New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:03:23
@boxerdc Said

Let's see.. the young beautiful girl is with the old man for his money, and he's with her for the sex.

Sounds like the sacred institution of marriage is alive and well. It's a good thing they don't allow gays to marry, or we might sully its good reputation.

Gay's can get married (civil partnership) here
WildFire On August 07, 2009

Banned

S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters,
#6New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:04:08
@angelcake Said

i think he was being facetious

Deleted

#7New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:04:57
@angelcake Said

Exactly..
They can't use the word, because it would "ruin" its meaning.
Say whaaa

#8New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:05:56
@boxerdc Said

Exactly..
They can't use the word, because it would "ruin" its meaning.

I don't think they can use the word because it's a different thing.
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#9New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:06:43
Maybe I'm jsut too young in this one---but-----I believe sex is the whole feeling of body and soul of loving another------

Deleted

#10New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:08:29
@angelcake Said

I don't think they can use the word because it's a different thing.

Well, I'm not going to hijack hink's thread, but I disagree.

Let's just go back to discussing the blessed spiritual virtues of marrying before god and man for sex and money.
WildFire On August 07, 2009

Banned

S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters,
#11New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:12:46
well your going to be paying for the sex anyway in one way or another
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:18:44
Wait, what makes anyone think that he bought or somehow paid for this woman?

Maybe he really loves her, and she's happy enough with him and having a nice house somewhere in the UK as opposed to Thailand?

Deleted

#13New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:21:17
@jonnythan Said

Wait, what makes anyone think that he bought or somehow paid for this woman?

Maybe he really loves her, and she's happy enough with him and having a nice house somewhere in the UK as opposed to Thailand?

Based on your post, you think that he might be legit, but she's not. Still a sham of a marriage then, isn't it?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 17:26:18
@boxerdc Said

Based on your post, you think that he might be legit, but she's not. Still a sham of a marriage then, isn't it?

People have different reasons for marrying, not the most sinister of which is convenience. She could very well be a lot happier with him and his company and sweetness and niceness in his nicer house with more money than whatever situation she may have been in in Thailand.

And he could be under no illusions that she isn't truly in love with him, but she does like him quite a bit and is very happy with her new life.

Unless there's some information the OP has that we don't, it would be silly to assume that he "bought" her, that she dislikes him, that she's fleecing him, or something like that.
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 18:57:11
think my customer is with her for companionship more than anything, hes a very charitable kind of person, and is always helping out others ect.. think the girl was obviously a hooker in thailand, and he has simply fallen for her/maybe wanted to rescue her from her life there, her motives are obvious, an inheritance, a home, and all the trappings of western lifestyle, i cannot see the attraction a 19 year old would honestly have for somebody in their 80's, apart from money, he gets in return companionship, possibly his leg over, and is happy.

think the situation is wrong, but its his life, his choice, and who's to say im right, each to their own.

i understand his two daughters are not very understanding and object strongly to the situation.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs