Pages: 1 2 · >>
emmerz4life On April 10, 2009

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:33:22
any thoughts?
VoidStalker On March 10, 2010

detroit,
#2New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:40:40
Unless lawfully married to the bio father, it needs to be recognized as a crime, against the child, the state, and humanity in general.

And if she cannot support the child on her own (meaning no welfare check), the child should become a ward of the state, and the unfit mother should spend 18 years sentenced to a public brothel, where she can earn the money for the raising and caring for her kid by the state.

#3New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:42:02
i agree totally.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:42:30
You're better off not going through it and waiting,
its not easy.
but its also not the end of the world and with a little support and smarts you cn still go on to do what you want in life.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:44:24
I think it's a great thing Marriage doesn't mean a good relationship. Also not all pregnant teens are 13.

As long as both parent's are above the age of consent I see no problem what so ever. Should they want the baby great, if they don't then it isn't something that is exclusive to teenagers. Many fully grown adults get pregnant without meaning to.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#6New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:44:32
@VoidStalker Said

Unless lawfully married to the bio father, it needs to be recognized as a crime, against the child, the state, and humanity in general.

a crime against humanity?
evababy1 On July 29, 2010
Speechless

lodi, New Jersey
#7New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:44:32
I was 19 when I got pregnant and as hard as it is and how much harder I have to work to support her, I don't regret it. I love my baby. Although I do think protection is important and it should not be taken lightly. And if you were speaking of younger teens then please disregard this
Say whaaa

#8New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:46:53
@alexkidd Said

You're better off not going through it and waiting,
its not easy.
but its also not the end of the world and with a little support and smarts you cn still go on to do what you want in life.

I'm a teen mother to be, admittedly an older teen mum to be but a teen none the less.

For all intents and purposes our baby was a planned baby and very much wanted and I'm going to university in October to study to be a nurse. I'm under no impression it'll be a walk in the park but with a supportive partner I don't feel that a baby will stop me suceeding in life.

#9New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:49:12
just be safe in what u do
Say whaaa

#10New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:55:20
This rather childish but to people who think that it should be illegal.

detroit,
#11New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:56:40
In the USA, we have a huge problem with the welfare OARS (I want a word that rhymes with oars, but won't post it), who teach their daughters that being a welfare OAR is good! We need to jail these women, and their daughters, all the way back to the first generation that did this.

If I knocked a girl up, I'd have to pay child support (and though I might not like that, it would be fair), but paying for some deadbeat welfare OARS brat, that is an atrocity that must end with their kind being forced to payback, with interest and penalties, every penny they ever received in misappropriated public funds.

<steps off the soapbox>

Really though, why should a child have a child? Why deprive your first born kid from being born into a loving marriage, with financial security (or what must pass for it in our present economic circumstances), and the expectation of siblings in a timely fashion? If a couple fails to wait to have their first, then they may end up with an only child, or kids born 8+ years apart. <shudder>

detroit,
#12New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 18:57:33
@alexkidd Said

a crime against humanity?

@angelcake Said

This rather childish but to people who think that it should be illegal.

I don't disapprove of young women (read as: not kids) having children, even out of wedlock (although that isn't something to be desired), but I do mind paying for it/them.
Say whaaa

#13New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 19:02:56
@VoidStalker Said

In the USA, we have a huge problem with the welfare OARS (I want a word that rhymes with oars, but won't post it), who teach their daughters that being a welfare OAR is good! We need to jail these women, and their daughters, all the way back to the first generation that did this.

If I knocked a girl up, I'd have to pay child support (and though I might not like that, it would be fair), but paying for some deadbeat welfare OARS brat, that is an atrocity that must end with their kind being forced to payback, with interest and penalties, every penny they ever received in misappropriated public funds.

<steps off the soapbox>

Really though, why should a child have a child? Why deprive your first born kid from being born into a loving marriage, with financial security (or what must pass for it in our present economic circumstances), and the expectation of siblings in a timely fashion? If a couple fails to wait to have their first, then they may end up with an only child, or kids born 8+ years apart. <shudder>

How ridiculous. Seriously.

Because someone's a teenager doesn't mean they're going to live off welfare or chase the baby's father for maintenance because *shock*horror* some people are with their partners when they get pregnant and *shock*horror* stay together and get married!

Being married doesn't mean it's a loving relationship or that you're financially stable.

I honestly think you have a very warped view of what marriage is.

#14New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 19:03:02
im pro life myself
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#15New Post! Feb 02, 2009 @ 19:06:21
@angelcake Said

I'm a teen mother to be, admittedly an older teen mum to be but a teen none the less.

For all intents and purposes our baby was a planned baby and very much wanted and I'm going to university in October to study to be a nurse. I'm under no impression it'll be a walk in the park but with a supportive partner I don't feel that a baby will stop me suceeding in life.

Thats great,
I was obviously wrong in thinking the term 'teenage mother' was interchangeable with 'unplanned child by a young teenager' i just assumed that the thread was about that kind of thing. no offence meant.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs