Health & Fitness

suicide on bodybuilding forum...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#1New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 16:48:46
Bodybuilding.com’s notoriously unmoderated MISC forum taunted a 19 year old member, Abraham K. Biggs (aka CandyJunkie and Mr. Biggs), to commit suicide via webcam.

The taunting began when the 19 year old remarked on the forum that he was considering suicide. Forum members began encouraging him, pushing for him to kill himself.

Eventually the man set up a live streaming webcam on JustinTV, and proceeded to swallow pills. The scene ended with him prone on his bed.

It has also been reported that forums members began deleting their posts after the severity of the incident set in.

I personally was a member on this forum - i never posted often due to pretty harsh environment there.. What was worse? the kid laid there on the bed for 7 hours before police found him.

The BB.com admin. tried to write a letter stating that the members were justified in their actions because the kid came on there before. True, he did, but regardless of how many times he did - you just don't "egg them on" let alone, after the deed is done, would you sit there and watch him die without lifting a finger - other than to "delete your posts"..

Yesterday, i posted just to see if things changed - no they haven't. To be honest, it's gotten worse.. thank gawd i was able to put in a few choice words and demanded they ban me..
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 16:51:15
Oh my god that's awful, some sites are terrible...I don't know why some people are so downright evil online, poor boy and his family...
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#3New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 16:55:09
This is so sad.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 17:09:25
https://mashable.com/2008/11/20/19-year-old-lifecaster-commits-suicide-on-justintv-smcb/

Dude it happened over 2 years ago
xRuby_Kissesx On June 14, 2011

Deleted

Sailing the high seas..., Unit
#5New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 17:22:45
@ultranewbie Said

Bodybuilding.com’s notoriously unmoderated MISC forum taunted a 19 year old member, Abraham K. Biggs (aka CandyJunkie and Mr. Biggs), to commit suicide via webcam.

The taunting began when the 19 year old remarked on the forum that he was considering suicide. Forum members began encouraging him, pushing for him to kill himself.

Eventually the man set up a live streaming webcam on JustinTV, and proceeded to swallow pills. The scene ended with him prone on his bed.

It has also been reported that forums members began deleting their posts after the severity of the incident set in.

I personally was a member on this forum - i never posted often due to pretty harsh environment there.. What was worse? the kid laid there on the bed for 7 hours before police found him.

The BB.com admin. tried to write a letter stating that the members were justified in their actions because the kid came on there before. True, he did, but regardless of how many times he did - you just don't "egg them on" let alone, after the deed is done, would you sit there and watch him die without lifting a finger - other than to "delete your posts"..

Yesterday, i posted just to see if things changed - no they haven't. To be honest, it's gotten worse.. thank gawd i was able to put in a few choice words and demanded they ban me..

You just don't seem to get on well with that kind of site do you? Well done leaving with a few choice words!
The whole thing is vile.
Has Tiger Blood

#6New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 17:27:34
@xRuby_Kissesx Said

You just don't seem to get on well with that kind of site do you? Well done leaving with a few choice words!
The whole thing is vile.

I'm sorry but while the act is vile it happened two years ago, I can't help but think the original poster has an axe to grind since being banned from (at a guess) the forum (judging by one of her previous topics she started yesterday or the day before.)

el dorado, New Mexico
#7New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 17:57:41
no, i just checked in with them.. like i said, i've been on there since 2005 ... i'm glad i didn't respond at the time.. to be honest, i thought via the responses, that it was a hoax, and signed off...i don't think i would have been heard anyway..

(sigh) and like i said, i went on there yesterday that's two years later.. pretty much saw nothing changed it was worse... far worse..- I finally gave them my opinion of the forum and the mentality - which wasn't a flowery speech to be honest .. that article reminded me of my stupidity of just going back there in the first place. i'll gladly own the 'stupid' part..

if you "ask" to get banned - then there truly are No "axes to grind" .. some days you just snap - and move on.. I was actually banned for a day or two? but i won't be going back there. it's not for the faint of heart.. being banned from a site (especially that type) is certainly not the end of the world, folks - i mean, really...

but their store is AWESOME.. i will definitely recommend it, which is the primary reason for joining...
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#8New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 18:16:46
Now that's just terrible, Low, and just plain nasty! Those people are gonna get what's coming to them, in some way or form. That's all I can say about this!
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#9New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 18:19:37
But WHY in the world would somebody put their death on the internet?? Isn't that kind of sick too?

Deleted

#10New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 18:58:47
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

I'm sorry but while the act is vile it happened two years ago, I can't help but think the original poster has an axe to grind since being banned from (at a guess) the forum (judging by one of her previous topics she started yesterday or the day before.)

No need to be sorry, but why quote my post?
I don't know whether the OP has an axe to grind and quite frankly it's none of my business. I was merely giving MY opinion on the subject matter and whether it was an incident that occured 2 weeks ago or 2 years ago SHE (the OP) has the right to her post as have I to my opinion.

el dorado, New Mexico
#11New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 18:59:03
@Grasshopper Said

But WHY in the world would somebody put their death on the internet?? Isn't that kind of sick too?

good question.. there have been a few since then.. the most current? November, 2010.. a 24 year old japanese guy got into an online debate with chat room members "daring him to die!" well, he did it.. on the webcam for everyone to see.

Some guy in 2007, did it in the UK as well.. one of the on-lookers posted "PHAIL" while watching the man dangling from the ceiling.. he had a wife and 2 kids..

i truly don't know what's worse... the people who die, or the folks that encourage them to do so..

el dorado, New Mexico
#12New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 19:02:27
@xRuby_Kissesx Said

I don't know whether the OP has an axe to grind and quite frankly it's none of my business. I was merely giving MY opinion on the subject matter and whether it was an incident that occured 2 weeks ago or 2 years ago SHE (the OP) has the right to her post as have I to my opinion.

thanks Ruby.. and thanks for your feedback, Rehab.. there's really nothing more to the post, than realizing, that i was a real dummy for going back to see if things have changed there.

it's like going back to a place that wasn't pleasant to begin with - and truly seeing WHY it wasn't so pleasant to begin with.. it was my fault for doing so..
Has Tiger Blood

#13New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 19:06:30
@xRuby_Kissesx Said

Well that is all fair and well if you want to live in the past and all that.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 19:06:47
attention whoring to extremes IMO

Yeah its wrong that people should goad someone who claims to be suicidal. But its f***ed up on both sides.

Seriously if people are getting that into the net where they actually kill themselves because online people don't believe them then they shouldnt even be using the net for interaction.

I think that sometimes there are a certain type of people who just choose to listen to the destructive s***. For example you get people who go on and on and on about thier partner being a s***ty partner and how he/she takes money, beats them up, is horrible to the kids and 200 people will go "leave them, get out of the situation" and one person will go "well, you probably asked for it" and they will then engage with the troll for ages and ages because they would rather interact negatively than listen to all the people who are trying to be nice and positive.

I cant say this is exclusive to the net, in real life people will go on about killing themselves and in the end people get so f***ed off they say "yeah, well go do it" and just when they think its for attention the silly bugger goes ahead and does it.

I cant blame the medium and i cant say its entirely the fault of the pack who goad them on, its entirely down to short sightedness, need for attention and lack of social support.

Deleted

#15New Post! Mar 27, 2011 @ 19:11:45
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

Well that is all fair and well if you want to live in the past and all that.

Eh? What's that got to do with me, and why feel the need to quote my post and not those before me?
I really do not know!!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs