Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#106New Post! Oct 08, 2018 @ 23:46:26
@johnzdoe Said

and all you have to do to get rid of me is show where my videos are wrong....

And all you have to do to get me to watch your video is to admit you were wrong about the “m” in the equation e=mc^2 being matter.

Oh.., and explain how you turned e=mc^2 into e=m(600000000 in 2 seconds).

Note: I don’t want to get rid of you. Your ignorance, while astonishing, is hilarious.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#107New Post! Oct 08, 2018 @ 23:59:51
@johnzdoe Said

the first bit is that if you have a testing device, and intend to place it in different conditions,, you first need to establish a baseline that is not effected by the changing conditions. The M&M device was testing something that they could not have a base line for. there is no static condition with which to compare their machine with.

Correct. There were however two varying conditions in which they could compare their data with. The light moving along the aether and the light moving against the aether. If the aether existed and is moving in some direction, then if you test every direction, you should see a change somewhere.

Quote:

Next, the beam goes out then back along the same path. How can you tell if there is a "headwind" if you go in two directions? If I swim upstream against a current, my normal swim speed of 6 is reduced to 3 by the 3 current, but then I turn around and swim back, my speed is now 9, so the total time is now exactly the same as if there was no current at all. This is exactly what the M&M interferometer is doing. Testing nothing.

may as well spin around a room with a torch, and declare that light hits all 4 walls at the same time, so that means time, space and distance must shrink!

Are you attempting to argue that an interferometer does not and cannot cause light beams to go out of phase from each other? So then what does it do to create an image of varying light intensities?
johnzdoe On October 11, 2018

New York, Russia
#108New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 00:18:28
@nooneinparticular Said

Correct. There were however two varying conditions in which they could compare their data with. The light moving along the aether and the light moving against the aether. If the aether existed and is moving in some direction, then if you test every direction, you should see a change somewhere.

Are you attempting to argue that an interferometer does not and cannot cause light beams to go out of phase from each other? So then what does it do to create an image of varying light intensities?

But there is no aether, or thats the assumption now. So there would not be any reason to see a difference then. You would be demonstrating nothing interesting with this setup. (unless there was an aether, AND it affected light, two big assumptions.)

The interferometer shows something, but what? why?. its not proven whats going on, just more assumptions. Physicists will tell you that they don't really know much about light. Just lots of assumptions as to whats happening.

Anyway, because of the return on the same path over the same distance, the design of the interferometer is NOT showing what they thought it was supposed to be showing, that is, that something would cause the light to change speed, when aligned in a particular way, but not at 90 degrees.

The LIGO interferometer detecting "gravitational waves" is a joke, surely.

You have to explain how the net time elapsed for swimming "with" and then "against" a current, compared to swimming with no current at all, could be any different.

Given the same distances in both tests.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#109New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 00:34:32
@johnzdoe Said

actions speaks more loudly that words, so just solve the paradox in the video, or admit that it is a correct paradox proving relativity is wrong.

I don't need no stinkin' video.

My bet is your premise is set up incorrectly either by purposefully ignoring, choosing not to believe, or willful ignorance of the conditions surrounding what you are trying to disprove.

Then using that result as the absolute truth that It CANT Be!

Why don't you enlighten us with a new thread trying to state what you want to disprove.

"Einsteins Paradox" is quite vague and doesn't garner any interest .. at least coming from you.

New York, Russia
#110New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 01:20:26
@mrmhead Said

My bet is your premise is set up incorrectly either by purposefully ignoring, choosing not to believe, or willful ignorance of the conditions surrounding what you are trying to disprove.

Why don't you enlighten us with a new thread trying to state what you want to disprove.

"Einsteins Paradox" is quite vague and doesn't garner any interest .. at least coming from you.

You did not watch, then you have no knowledge to base your opinions on.

Your words are empty.

New York, Russia
#111New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 01:24:28
@chaski Said

And all you have to do to get me to watch your video is to admit you were wrong about the “m” in the equation e=mc^2 being matter.

Oh.., and explain how you turned e=mc^2 into e=m(600000000 in 2 seconds).

Note: I don’t want to get rid of you. Your ignorance, while astonishing, is hilarious.

ok, yes, the m in e=mc2 IS MASS.

(i have opinions on what matter and mass are that affected my statement about mass and matter that are not in line with what you believe about the two.)

and the 600000000 x 2 seconds was just an attempt to demonstrate that c in an equation has just become a number. it was not a successful argument from me.

New York, Russia
#112New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 01:32:08
@mrmhead Said

and this bizarre attitude shows an extreme example of a closed mind, like an ostrich with its head buried in the sand.

I don't need to have your critique of my video, you are not able to think clearly as evidenced by this outburst.

From this forum, I think Ive learned all I can now about how human couch potatoes processes information that is not spoon fed to them.

I'm quitting this forum in search of a group of people who think.
Its been fun.

NE, Ohio
#113New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 01:59:14
@johnzdoe Said

You did not watch, then you have no knowledge to base your opinions on.

Your words are empty.

I saw Friday the 13th

When Friday the 13th Part II came out, I had a pretty good idea about what was to come.

I was not wrong.

NE, Ohio
#114New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 02:02:13
@johnzdoe Said

(i have opinions on what matter and mass are that affected my statement about mass and matter that are not in line with what you believe about the two.)

and the 600000000 x 2 seconds was just an attempt to demonstrate that c in an equation has just become a number. it was not a successful argument from me.

So were you ignoring, choosing to not believe, or being willfully ignorant of my proof that units matter (i.e. c^2 is not "just a number" )

At least you admit you were wrong.

That's probably why you're leaving

Stalker

#115New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 02:31:37
@johnzdoe Said

Wow... almost an admission... but ultimately lame BS.

@johnzdoe Said

Complete lie... too bad you can't just be a mature enough to admit when you made a mistake and multiplied by a factor of 2 instead of squaring the factors.

johnzdoe... very sad on your part... very weak and trite.

None the less, even though you have presented yourself in a very cowardly light, I will now take the high road and watch your video.

NE, Ohio
#116New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 02:58:33
@chaski Said

None the less, even though you have presented yourself in a very cowardly light, I will now take the high road and watch your video.

Stalker

#117New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 03:03:23
@mrmhead Said

Was that the night we were doing bong hits and I cheated and won?

Or the night that you slipped me a mickey and took advantage of me and won?
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#118New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 03:42:38
@johnzdoe Said

But there is no aether, or thats the assumption now. So there would not be any reason to see a difference then. You would be demonstrating nothing interesting with this setup. (unless there was an aether, AND it affected light, two big assumptions.)

The interferometer shows something, but what? why?. its not proven whats going on, just more assumptions. Physicists will tell you that they don't really know much about light. Just lots of assumptions as to whats happening.

Anyway, because of the return on the same path over the same distance, the design of the interferometer is NOT showing what they thought it was supposed to be showing, that is, that something would cause the light to change speed, when aligned in a particular way, but not at 90 degrees.

The LIGO interferometer detecting "gravitational waves" is a joke, surely.

You have to explain how the net time elapsed for swimming "with" and then "against" a current, compared to swimming with no current at all, could be any different.

Given the same distances in both tests.

The funny thing is, if you were right and the light beams reconverged exactly in phase with each other, we wouldn't get a displacement pattern as a result. We would get the same thing we get if we shine a flashlight at a wall. One continuous circle of light. But we don't. So what happened?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#119New Post! Oct 09, 2018 @ 12:44:37
@johnzdoe Said

don't worry about it, I don't care.

I frankly am not worried about it, and honestly do not care whether or not you care. I am a moderator on this site and am supposed to help enforce the rules regardless of your, or anyone else's level of apathy. Whether or not you care is not of any consequence.

And, if you don't care, why bother mentioning it?

Ah, it's okay. You don't have to answer.

Just understand that if I'm witness to someone breaking the rules at your expense, I will intervene and it's because I'm supposed to.

NE, Ohio
#120New Post! Oct 10, 2018 @ 12:11:14
Slowing the light fantastic!

researchers from the University of Glasgow and Heriot-Watt University describe how they have managed to slow photons in free space for the first time. They have demonstrated that applying a mask to an optical beam to give photons a spatial structure can reduce their speed.

Can I get one of these masks for Halloween!?!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs