sleeping pills

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#1New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 18:58:09
has anyone ever had to take them?? i've been thinking about purchasing some. ive been super stressed out from school and other things and im basically only getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night (horrible yes i know). and thats because i just wake up in the middle of night and can never get back to sleep.. so instead i study basically from 1am - 6am almost everynight.

soo.. im thinking about getting sleeping pills to catch up on sleep?

anyone have any advice on them?
iluvitar On June 05, 2013

akron, Ohio
#2New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:01:14
they arent bad...ull sleep for atleast 8 hours though..so take them at a reasonable time
glitter_sniffer On August 25, 2015
Om nom nom

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:04:04
I hated mine. I have reacurring Insomnia and have had it for about 7 years.
The doctor gave me sleeping pills, they worked but I didn't feel refreshed. I would wake up feeling like a pice of cardboard, and the entire day I felt the same, I never perked up.

I turned to an exercise bike instead. I do some of that every night and it gives me nice natural sleep as well as keeping me in shape.
magwarna On July 06, 2006

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:10:29
MY mum started taking slepping pills in 1981 she is still on them because she finds it difficult to do without them..
Cut out any coffee, food or anything 1 hour before sleeping and give yourself time to wind down. Taking medication can work but you then have the chance of becoming addicted.
gasolinerainbow On December 27, 2013

sha lalalaa..., United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:11:06
@glitter_sniffer Said
I hated mine. I have reacurring Insomnia and have had it for about 7 years.
The doctor gave me sleeping pills, they worked but I didn't feel refreshed. I would wake up feeling like a pice of cardboard, and the entire day I felt the same, I never perked up.

I turned to an exercise bike instead. I do some of that every night and it gives me nice natural sleep as well as keeping me in shape.

yep id definitely agree here, i think its proabaly better for you to get your biological clock back into a rhythm of sleeping at a certain time and wakening..etc..
do it naturally..i dont think you should need to take sleeping tablets..wear yourself out by jogging..or a run or something..or change th time you study?!

twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#6New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:11:30
yeah thats what im scared of... i suppose excersicing or something might help.

i would like to try anything first before turining to pills.
gasolinerainbow On December 27, 2013

sha lalalaa..., United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:16:32
@twiztidangel Said
yeah thats what im scared of... i suppose excersicing or something might help.

i would like to try anything first before turining to pills.

i dont think you'll need to

or a good book even..
or painting!!painting rocks 8)

And its super relaxing, and by the sounds of it thats what you need.i think you're proabaly a wee bit stressed about stuff..thats probably whats keeping you awake..

Or a big fat relaxing chillout evening.no books no nothing..
just chill out..go to th cinema..
im full of healthy procrastinating ideas

8)
unseenlove On October 15, 2007

Navadaville, Alabama
#8New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:22:13
I have taken pills for sleeping.

It said take one, but I only took a half so I wouldn't get too much DRUG sleep.

I went jogging first, and took the half pill.

I woke up really refereshed.

That's the only time I've taken it... after that I just made sure that I slept, and stayed less stressed... now I'm almost carefreeeeee!

treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:22:35
sometimes, when very stressed we only need 2-3 hours sleep. Although we feel really tired because of it, the brain just wont allow us to get into that deep sleep pattern we are use to.

If you feel desperate, then take some sleeping tablets but not for longer than one week.

Try as many alternative methods as you can beforehand. Warm bath, candlelight, aromatherapy, no caffeine.

Try not to stress if you only get a few hours a night, the more you stress about it the bigger an issue it becomes.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 19:27:21
I took Nytol once and i couldn't get to sleep, lay tossing and turning for hours and then when i fell alseep i slept for about 13hours, i would never take anything like again, also i got prescribed Amitrypilene [sleeping tablet] by the doctor and they were hell as well, walked around like a f***ing zombie for 2 days, i ended up flushing them down the toilet. so be careful
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#11New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 16:35:45
there is a kinda herbs u drink like tea.. its good for pain and good for sleeping..
bebonij but im sorry if anyone knows arabic to turn that word around to english ...
knerba On May 13, 2011

Sandy, Utah
#12New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 16:41:29
It's better to try exercising in the morning, eating balanced meals, getting to bed as soon as you feel sleepy, not watching TV or getting on the computer in the hour or 2 before bedtime, keeping a regular schedule and so on.

If that doesn't help try diphenhydramine first, as it is not habit forming.

If you still are having trouble you may need a stronger sleep aid. When I was a teeneger I had to use sleeping pills. I stopped taking them when I got pregnant and have not had a very normal sleep pattern since then, but I do sleep better now than I used to.
kissedbylove On September 20, 2010

lazo, Canada
#13New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 16:42:52
I work nights so i take sleeping pills to get sleep other wise i wont sleep until my days off. They work but you need to really see a doctor to make sure you are taking the right ones.
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#14New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 16:43:02
actually i forgot to say,, dont take pills as it will only make u addicted to it more and more with each pill!!
sazzie On August 22, 2010

Being naughty :P, United Kingd
#15New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 16:44:45
There are herbal remedies out there like Quietlife and they do work to get your sleeping pattern back and will help you cope during the day. I have used them, it did take about 3 days before I felt them working but they worked for me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs