The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Friendships

should i still be her best friend? i can't stand to be with her, but i can't stan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
singer On April 17, 2011

Washington, District of Columb
#1New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 00:00:39
I'm 14.
My best friend and I have been best friends for about a year now. (Met at school.)
She has moments of being annoying and having a chip on her shoulder.
She stayed at my house for a few days once (while her parents went on vacation) and we were watching a TV show on Hulu and we each had a chair in front of my computer. The chairs were kind of special because my mom picked out the upholstery and it reminds me of her. She had her bare feet on the chairs and it kind of bugged me because I have a really clean house and my family never does that. I dealt with it for a while, thinking it wouldn't matter, but I finally asked her "Sorry but can you take your feet off please?" And she just gave me a look and humphed and stormed out of the room and went straight to bed.
Then I was texting her once and I told her about the season premiere of a TV show that I want to see that comes on tonight, and she just said "Who cares? I've seen it." Even though it was the season premiere and she hadn't seen it.
I might be on vacation at the beach and we're texting and she'll ask what's up and I'll be like "just showered" and she'll be like "wow you're at the beach and you're not even outside loser." and then I say "i just showered b/c i was outside and got hot" and then shes like "awww poor baby went out for five minutes, got tired and went inside?? looserrr."
And she called me a b**** once but I DONT KNOW WHY. I make a point to be nice to her all the time and she always finds something mean to say back to me...
I can't stand to be with her, but I can't stand to lose her as a best friend because we have a lot in common...
Plus I think I'm afraid of losing her because I have a small school and there aren't many other *options* for friends...
What should I do? Can I patch it up? How?
Or is it time to say goodbye...
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 00:06:50
Tell her how some of the stuff she says makes you feel. If she does not respect your feelings then it is time to find a new best friend.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 00:55:23
What luckycharms says!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs