Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

shame and humiliation

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
exiledempath On February 22, 2009

chico, California
#1New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 02:20:28
Do you ever feel so ashamed and humiliated that you wish the ground would open up and swallow you?

It happens to me all the time
bmobsessed27 On June 16, 2008

sykesville, Maryland
#2New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 02:26:39
Almost every day of my life yes.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 02:32:57
No way, never.

I got every reason to feel that way .. but f*** 'em .. hold your head up high bud!
charger On October 01, 2009

bricktown,
#4New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 02:34:23
@exiledempath Said
Do you ever feel so ashamed and humiliated that you wish the ground
would open up and swallow you?

It happens to me all the time

just once or twice, not much why so often for you?

chico, California
#5New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 02:35:10
mainly because i grew up with very critical and abusive parents. They never really encouraged me when facing a challenge. My disability is a big source of shame. I've been trying to get a job and have been really struggling and I feel ashamed for that.

thanks for the hugs bm
charger On October 01, 2009

bricktown,
#6New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 02:44:39
ive learned over time to take anything negative and try to find something,
anything, positive out of it, i was not always like this but ive found that things
ALWAYS go wrong and you must adjust to that ,endure and sometimes things
will work out. Its harder when your young though! true!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#7New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 03:05:27
@exiledempath Said
mainly because i grew up with very critical and abusive parents. They never really encouraged me when facing a challenge. My disability is a big source of shame. I've been trying to get a job and have been really struggling and I feel ashamed for that.

thanks for the hugs bm

A lot of parents put all these expectations on their children which does more harm than good, my parents were very ashamed of me also and that was the greatest hurt for me, I would keep trying & trying to do things just to gain their approval but never got it, then I stopped seeking the non existent approval I quit setting myself up for the hurt every time I tried. That took a lot of pressure off me, then I realized I was the one putting the pressure myself by allowing them to do it, when I stop trying to achieve this invisible goal of THEIRS then I was happy with whom I was, I've since never lived my life according to other's expectations of me but rather by what I could achieve myself it is liberating and I could literally feel the weight of the stress just fall away, one day you will come to that point and see that you can't live your life according to your parents, friends etc.. expectations, it's enough just trying to live up to your own. So let it go and live a life that YOU are content with and shrug off all the negative comments, after all it is your life not theirs and YOU don't criticize their lives so don't listen when they do it to YOU. Respect your parents, but don't let them make you feel inferior,In my opinion parents that do that to their children are the one's that need to look at their parenting skills are they worried about how THEY will look or should they be caring about what YOU THEIR CHILD is going through, sorry for the book, touched a nerve. TAKE CARE OF YOU, DON'T YOU DARE BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DISABILITY, BE PROUD OF YOURSELF & YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS NO MATTER HOW LITTLE OR BIG AND GIVE YOURSELF THE LOVE YOU DESERVE>

emeraldeyes On February 26, 2008

Deleted

Mayville, Michigan
#8New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 04:32:12
How can you say your parents were abusive, when your Dad wasnt around.
This is From your own journal:::::

. It reminds me of when I was growing up and my dad would say he would contact me, but then he would flake out. Luckily my therapist isn't a flake.

You need to be honest with your true friends!!!!!!!!!

chico, California
#9New Post! Feb 20, 2008 @ 04:16:21
@emeraldeyes Said
How can you say your parents were abusive, when your Dad wasnt around.
This is From your own journal:::::

. It reminds me of when I was growing up and my dad would say he would contact me, but then he would flake out. Luckily my therapist isn't a flake.

You need to be honest with your true friends!!!!!!!!!

sorry, it's more accurate to say my dad wasn't around (much)

chico, California
#10New Post! Feb 20, 2008 @ 04:17:14
Thanks everyone for the support
emeraldeyes On February 26, 2008

Deleted

Mayville, Michigan
#11New Post! Feb 20, 2008 @ 04:19:01
you didnt answer my question., you Dad wasnt around??
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs