Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
MirLou On November 18, 2013

Cork, Ireland
#61New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 20:00:05
@Kristy69 Said

Sex is normal and natural.

As long as kids are taught there is a time and a place for everything, and how to protect themselves, I don't see the big deal..

What really bothers me is what parents blame society for their kids' outcome.

YOU are the parent! PARENT your child!

View Image
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#62New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 20:01:28
@MlissaBeth Said

She is not a parent. She has no child. But I'm assuming you meant that in general of course.

But yes, parents do not take enough responsibility for their childs outcome.

You assumed correctly.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#63New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 23:02:44
@babysgotagun Said

you all, it was my rant!

Would this be appropriate?

I don't mind you ranting or raving. To say " you all" I feel that I would be included in the "all" part. I just gave you some feedback from an (my subjective) objective view about how your moniker can be seen as someone that's an advocate for sexual connotations. It's like saying you hate candy with a Mars? bar in your mouth.

Please continue to speak your mind. Just be advised that some people may respond to whatever it is you post.

I use this forum to educate myself on human behavior (mine included) and for entertainment value. Thanks for bringing up a topic that can be viewed in many different ways.

J.R.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#64New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 23:10:43
@spellchick Said

I'm pretty sure there were still 14 and 15 year olds getting pregnant back in the day. They just got shipped off to "a boarding school" to have the baby and give it up for adoption so their family wouldn't be shamed by it. Nothing's changed expect the social acceptability of it.

Sex is normal and shouldn't be some taboo topic. If you address it honestly and openly with your children from a young age instead of waiting until they learn about it in middle school, you won't have to worry about them knocking someone up or ending up pregnant because they were ignorant and naive. If you instill morals in them, you wouldn't have to worry about them being overcome by the images they see. They're as desensitized to the sexual images as we are to the violent ones.

And if that doesn't work for you, then turn off the TV and radio and read a book instead.

It may be part of society and all, but let facts be facts here. Where I live there are 9 year old getting pregnant and it's the girls doing the chasing not the boys anymore. And I really think TV should be monitored for children and get them off their asses and outside to play, get into sports like children should be doing at that age.

Asking or rather telling someone to turn off their TV or radio and read a book when expressing an opinion is a little off.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#65New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 23:16:00
Morals can only be dropped if we let Society win over our morals. If we stand firmly behind our morals then everything should be fine.

Monitor what your children watch and quit using TV as a babysitting service.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#66New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 23:18:50
@BeTTyBeLL Said

You know that is actually one of my favorite things about this site, is they have this little "Rants and Raves" section..So I say RANT ON, maybe it won't help the scheme of things, but, just maybe it might make one feel better to get it off thier chest!!!

Well said! And everyone get's along.
spellchick On October 02, 2012
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#67New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 11:50:45
@lilbear Said

It may be part of society and all, but let facts be facts here. Where I live there are 9 year old getting pregnant and it's the girls doing the chasing not the boys anymore. And I really think TV should be monitored for children and get them off their asses and outside to play, get into sports like children should be doing at that age.

Asking or rather telling someone to turn off their TV or radio and read a book when expressing an opinion is a little off.

I'm sure there are a few 9 year olds getting pregnant, but I suspect that is more the exception than the rule. You're right about the girls doing the chasing though and some of that does fall on what they're seeing and hearing on TV. But, as you stated, monitor what they watch, get them involved in other things like sports (both of which I have done with my 9 yr old son) and you lessen the impact those things can have.

As far as "telling" her to turn off the TV, I thought I was just stating the obvious. It seemed so because there were several other people who agreed and said the same thing. Look, no one is being forced to watch the "garbage" that runs rampant on TV. No one is being forced to listen to the sexually overt songs on the radio. Personally, I only listen to NPR and it is for that reason. I would rather learn something interesting than hear some drivel, but hey, that's me.

I understand her point, and like I said, I agree with certain aspects of it. I'm not being argumentative. I am simply pointing out ways for her to mitigate her exposure to what it is that makes her crazy.
Exylis On May 27, 2012

Deleted

Madison, Belgium
#68New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 11:52:49
@babysgotagun Said

EVERYWHERE I GO...something has to be sex driven. The radio, news, Internet (especially), every show on tv.. I mean even the travel channel.... I am so sick of this s***, no wonder why there is so much infidelity in society.. kids are growing up with shows basically saying it's normal or a life full of opportunities on the internet. f***, I can't watch a flipping regular tv show without something, those commercials for sex chats or commercials that offer services to discreetly cheat on your spouse,...etc. I can go on forever.. I'm just tired of it

You and me both, man. It's really gotten old.

I'm not even interested in sex anymore. LOL
CptObvious On February 04, 2010

Miami, Florida
#69New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 12:01:15
karljkampovsky On May 13, 2009

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#70New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 12:09:50
Human sexuality is primarily visual! I think your problem is the visual sexual prompts that you see,have led to your arrousal,and made you feel unclean!
Woody Allen in one of his films was asked by a psychiatrist!
Q. "Do you think sex is dirty?"
A. "It is if you are doing it right!"
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#71New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 12:24:09
@babysgotagun Said

EVERYWHERE I GO...something has to be sex driven. The radio, news, Internet (especially), every show on tv.. I mean even the travel channel.... I am so sick of this s***, no wonder why there is so much infidelity in society.. kids are growing up with shows basically saying it's normal or a life full of opportunities on the internet. f***, I can't watch a flipping regular tv show without something, those commercials for sex chats or commercials that offer services to discreetly cheat on your spouse,...etc. I can go on forever.. I'm just tired of it

A couple of things I want to say:
1. I don't think there is anything wrong with sex. Sex is a healthy normal drive for just about everyone. The less mystique about it the better I feel. The more that people feel comfortable to discuss it with the partner of their choice, the better it can be. There is much in the media that assists this. Articles about sex, shows about sex, often educate us that we are healthy, wanting and most importantly - normal.

2. How much TV are you watching? I understand your point about the sex ads/services, but they are generally on pretty late at night. I also understand re: music video, and many ads I see. Sex sells, there is no doubt about that. There is also a lot of fantastic stuff done in the media. It seems to me that you are concentrating on sex in the media. Sex is a part of life and media usually reflects society. Only time will tell whether we had it wrong, but pretending a fundamental drive does not exist seems pretty unhelpful to me.
spellchick On October 02, 2012
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#74New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 15:53:55
@lilbear Said

I never heard of anyone getting pregnant at 9 in the media. I've been seeing it first hand all around me and it saddens me to no great length. Yes! Children did get pregnant in the "OLDEN" days, but it was "NOT" as accepted by the parents and the people as much as it is now.

Today they get pregnant, have their babies and Mommy and Daddy takes care of baby. That is what is happening and as I stated NOT heard or seen on the media, in the homes of people I know.

Which is the better way to be? 9 year old gets pregnant, gets sent away, baby is given up for adoption for the shame factor or same scenario but Mommy and Daddy end up raising child and grandchild?

And to add to that if they get pregnant young they can get financial help and free babysitting services to continue school which is hardly a deterrent or a message telling them to wait to have sex.

Bottom line is "No one can monitor and stop what is happening no matter how hard they may try" parent or child. You give your child the facts and hope at 9 they understand the full meaning of what you're saying and from there no one has control except the child. After all they spend a good portion of their day in school where they are not supervised by Parents at all.

As far as being more promiscuous I beg to differ. Today's children are way more promiscuous then they were even 10 to 20 years ago and it's a lot more tolerated.
Good God! My friends and I weren't even thinking of boys in that way at that age, We were into sports, playing and working etc..

Que Sera Sera! What is, is!

Very sick, so if anyone understands what I'm trying to say I'll give them kudos!

I understand what you're saying. I think for the most part, we all agree on the BIG picture, it's the little things that we aren't seeing the same. And that's OK.

And it probably was a lot different for you when you were that age 99 years ago.
babysgotagun On September 06, 2019

#75New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 19:15:30
this thread is getting popular
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs