Food & Drink

pork chops

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
miracle3x On January 28, 2009

Radcliff, Kentucky
#1New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 17:47:29
Does anyone have any good recipes for pork chops. I wanted to try something different tonight.
TheFanatic On April 29, 2010

St. Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 18:35:44
brine, sear a bit, bake, let rest, serve....
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 18:45:16
I love pork with sticky BBQ sauce on it
nicoleSmith08 On April 29, 2009

LA, California
#4New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:19:43
try pork chops and apples..Me and my family loved it..
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:23:19
Brown them briefly with some sliced onions,then put them in a casserole dish with red wine, mild mustard and chopped tomatoes. Herbs and garlic and a little brown sugar (to take away any acid from the tomatoes). Cook gently so that they don't get to hard. Just an idea.
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#6New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:32:44
@nicoleSmith08 Said

try pork chops and apples..Me and my family loved it..

Do you mean with fried apple slices? as a side? very good, bybee
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#7New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:34:27
pork vindallo

Ingredients
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
5 black peppercorns, left whole
2 green cardamom pods, seeds only
2 cloves
1cm/?in piece cinnamon
1cm/?in piece ginger, peeled and chopped
7 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
3 fresh red chillies
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
pinch salt
350g/12oz pork shoulder, flesh cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes
100g/3?oz pork belly, cut into 2.5cm/1in pieces
65ml/2?fl oz vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
? tsp mustard seeds
handful cashew nuts
To serve (optional)
220g/8oz basmati rice, cooked according to packet instructions
4 wheat tortillas
2 handfuls chopped lettuce
4 tbsp soured cream

Method
1. Using a spice grinder, grind the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cardamom seeds, cloves and cinnamon to a fine powder.
2. In a food processor, blend the ginger, garlic, chillies and white wine vinegar to a paste.
3. Mix the ground spice mixture with the paste until well combined and season with a pinch of salt. Rub the mixture all over the pork using your fingers, then set the pork aside, covered, to marinate for 1?-2 hours.
4. Heat four tablespoons of the oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot, add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown.
5. Add the marinated pork pieces and fry for 6-7 minutes, turning once, until golden-brown on all sides. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the pork is tender. Add small splashes of boiling water to the pan as necessary if the juices in the pan dry out. Add as little water as possible as the resulting sauce should be quite thick.
6. Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a separate pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds. (CAUTION: the mustard seeds will start to pop. Keep the pan well away from your face and eyes.)
7. Once the mustard seeds start to pop, add the cashew nuts and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are golden-brown.
8. To serve, either divide the rice among four serving plates, spoon the vindaloo alongside and pour the fried cashew nuts and mustard seeds over the vindaloo, or alternatively spoon the vindaloo into the centre of four wheat tortillas, sprinkle with chopped lettuce and soured cream and roll up into parcels.

1 of my favorite pork recipes
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#8New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:36:37
@chef_mia Said

pork vindallo

Ingredients
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 cloves
1cm/?in piece cinnamon
3 fresh red chillies
pinch salt
? tsp mustard seeds
handful cashew nuts
To serve (optional)
4 wheat tortillas
4 tbsp soured cream

Method
1. Using a spice grinder, grind the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cardamom seeds, cloves and cinnamon to a fine powder.
2. In a food processor, blend the ginger, garlic, chillies and white wine vinegar to a paste.
3. Mix the ground spice mixture with the paste until well combined and season with a pinch of salt. Rub the mixture all over the pork using your fingers, then set the pork aside, covered, to marinate for 1?-2 hours.
4. Heat four tablespoons of the oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot, add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown.
5. Add the marinated pork pieces and fry for 6-7 minutes, turning once, until golden-brown on all sides. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the pork is tender. Add small splashes of boiling water to the pan as necessary if the juices in the pan dry out. Add as little water as possible as the resulting sauce should be quite thick.
6. Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a separate pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds. (CAUTION: the mustard seeds will start to pop. Keep the pan well away from your face and eyes.)
7. Once the mustard seeds start to pop, add the cashew nuts and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are golden-brown.
8. To serve, either divide the rice among four serving plates, spoon the vindaloo alongside and pour the fried cashew nuts and mustard seeds over the vindaloo, or alternatively spoon the vindaloo into the centre of four wheat tortillas, sprinkle with chopped lettuce and soured cream and roll up into parcels.

Oh if only I could be your neighbor! I'd clean your whole house for a meal like that! bybee

derry, Ireland
#9New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:38:02
ot u could do veinss snitules (an Austrian favorite) which is mush easier u take the fat of the chops beat the s*** out of them wa a tenderizing hammer then bread them using a panni mix.

then put in deep fat fryer til crisp finish in oven

serve with chips salad and cranberry sauce
nicoleSmith08 On April 29, 2009

LA, California
#10New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:54:45
@bybee Said

Do you mean with fried apple slices? as a side? very good, bybee

No! I mean this:

Ingredients
4 lean, center-cut, 4-ounce pork chop (trimmed)
1 medium onion (chopped)
Nonstick cooking spray
1-1/4 c water
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp chicken-flavored bouillon granules
3 medium cooking apples (peeled and sliced)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Procedure
Brown pork chops and onion in a large skillet coated with cooking spray
Combine water, bouillon granules, and pepper, stirring to dissolve
Add to skillet. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Skim off fat
Add apple slices and cinnamon to mixture in skillet. Cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes
Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#11New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 21:10:49
@nicoleSmith08 Said

No! I mean this:

Ingredients
4 lean, center-cut, 4-ounce pork chop (trimmed)
1 medium onion (chopped)
Nonstick cooking spray
1-1/4 c water
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp chicken-flavored bouillon granules
3 medium cooking apples (peeled and sliced)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Procedure
Brown pork chops and onion in a large skillet coated with cooking spray
Combine water, bouillon granules, and pepper, stirring to dissolve
Add to skillet. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Skim off fat
Add apple slices and cinnamon to mixture in skillet. Cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes
Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot

Wonderful! Excuse me, I'm drooling. I'd like to be your neighbor too! peace bybee
Sontaran On January 11, 2012

Deleted

Perth, Australia
#12New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 22:09:47
@chef_mia Said

pork vindallo

Ingredients
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 cloves
1cm/?in piece cinnamon
3 fresh red chillies
pinch salt
? tsp mustard seeds
handful cashew nuts
To serve (optional)
4 wheat tortillas
4 tbsp soured cream

Method

i like this this with ROTI or PARATHA BREAD.....mmmmmmm yum

sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#13New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 22:16:00
@chef_mia Said

ot u could do veinss snitules (an Austrian favorite) which is mush easier u take the fat of the chops beat the s*** out of them wa a tenderizing hammer then bread them using a panni mix.

then put in deep fat fryer til crisp finish in oven

serve with chips salad and cranberry sauce

I want to meet your typing instructor! The one who came up with that Wiener Schnitzel substitute expression!

derry, Ireland
#14New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 23:48:21
@Saegespaene Said

I want to meet your typing instructor! The one who came up with that Wiener Schnitzel substitute expression!

ok so im not the best and spelling foreign words or spelling full stop but u obliviously no what im on about lol

who needs to spell it when they can cook it lol
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#15New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 19:28:26
Coca-Cola Pork Chops

6-8 pork chops
(12 to 16-oz. Coca-Cola)
1 large onion
3 Tbsp. prepared mustard
6 Tbsp. ketchup
dash of pepper
1 can sliced mushrooms(or fresh)
dash garlic powder

Brown the pork chops on both sides. Drain. Slice onions and stir fry. Drain. Pour Coke and other ingredients in the skillet. Add the pork chops and onions back to the skillet. Simmer on low with a lid for 30-45 minutes until liquid is evaporated and a thickened sauce has formed. Serve over rice if desired.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs