political figures of the past

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 17:37:17
who if anyone inspires you, who do you admire, or who do you detest most.

keep it regional, eg. if from uk-uk politicians, same for usa ect..........................................................

kudos for most interesting comments
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#2New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 17:49:00
Lincoln- for his influential speeches...in fact he was so influential his speeches are compulsory for school.

Deleted

#3New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 17:51:14
i actually respect tony benn, a labour mp for staying true to his principles even to this day.
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#4New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:07:52
As cliche as it is, I'll have to say George Bush is one of the most detestable presidents...because everytime he speaks he makes a complete moron out of himself...I don't know whether it's because he suffers from dementia...but he most certainly portrays himself to be a f***ing dimwit, who knows f*** all about anything...and as a result he is ridiculed all over the world, which shows the amount of disrespect people have towards him.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#5New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:13:02
Thomas Paine...author of Common Sense

https://www.ushistory.org/PAINE/

But in more modern times I would have to say
Ronald Reagan
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#6New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:14:35
But personally, the political figure I hate the most would be Saddam Hussein purely for his contribution to crimes against all humanity. He has taken part in some of the world's cruelest criminal acts...and so his execution, I believe is a good punishment...even though I don't believe in capital punishment...but this man would have continued to torture and kill people, through his "connections" and contacts even if he remained incarcerated. He has no sense of humanity...he is filled with hatred and intolerance, which are qualities no leader should have.
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#7New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:19:52
Dear old Baroness Thatcher....is she still not dead yet
don't agree with her politix....but you gotta admire the balls of that woman....getting to where she did...and doing it the way she did
Thanks to her it will be a globally warmed day in hell before the Tories are ever trusted to be given the keys to No 10
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#8New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:21:21
@derekdg Said

don't agree with her politix....but you gotta admire the balls of that woman....getting to where she did...and doing it the way she did
Thanks to her it will be a globally warmed day in hell before the Tories are ever trusted to be given the keys to No 10

LOL

Deleted
Banned

#9New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:22:57
@xnuvax Said

But personally, the political figure I hate the most would be Saddam Hussein purely for his contribution to crimes against all humanity. He has taken part in some of the world's cruelest criminal acts...and so his execution, I believe is a good punishment...even though I don't believe in capital punishment...but this man would have continued to torture and kill people, through his "connections" and contacts even if he remained incarcerated. He has no sense of humanity...he is filled with hatred and intolerance, which are qualities no leader should have.

gonnae tell 's about an Aussie polly that gets on your JS underwireds ...I don't know ANY...such is the gripping state of Aus on the political world stage

Deleted
Banned

#10New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:25:03
@bobbimay Said

Thomas Paine...author of Common Sense

https://www.ushistory.org/PAINE/

But in more modern times I would have to say
Ronald Reagan

As in Pisses Me Off or Inspired me to take up politics or something

Deleted

#11New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:25:54
@xnuvax Said

hitler/stalin/idi amin/mugabe are all in the same ilk,

but some modern day political figures will go down in history at equally detestable, like bush/blair for their instigation of a war-on a lie, the result deaths of hundreds of brave servicemen/women and thousands of innocent civilians. i believe both should be tried for war crimes
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#12New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:26:10
@derekdg Said

gonnae tell 's about an Aussie polly that gets on your JS underwireds ...I don't know ANY...such is the gripping state of Aus on the political world stage

They are all equally moronic here in Aus. Kevin Rudd is joyfully going on a shopping spree with OUR tax money. Stimulus bulls***!

John Howard only cared for business owners and entrepreneurs...and didn't give a flying f*** on the actual workers and labourers...although he kept our economy balanced by kissing George Bush's hairy ass.
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#13New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:28:44
@Hinckleylad Said

hitler/stalin/idi amin/mugabe are all in the same ilk,

but some modern day political figures will go down in history at equally detestable, like bush/blair for their instigation of a war-on a lie, the result deaths of hundreds of brave servicemen/women and thousands of innocent civilians. i believe both should be tried for war crimes

Fair enough. But I hate him especially because he did under the name of the Islamic religion. He wanted to convince his fellow terrorists that "Allah" has commanded this.

Deleted

#14New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:29:30
@derekdg Said

love or hate her, she remained a modern day phenomenom, i doubt the conservatives will ever again have such a leader

Deleted
Banned

#15New Post! Apr 11, 2009 @ 18:31:47
Are they Labour , Tories or What
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs