News & Current Events

police giving up

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 20, 2018 @ 11:45:29
two cops were attacked yesterday. one woman cop was kicked in the chest and almost fell in front of a bus and the male cop was also hurt. after the attack, the chairman of the metropolitan police federation said that police might let offenders go if they assess that a situation is too risky for officers. so, there it is, the criminals have managed to break the resolve of those charged with protecting us. next stop ...the wild west! maybe we need to start giving our cops guns and let them shoot down the scum bags when they turn violent. at the moment the crim's have absolutely no fear of the police or the courts.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! Nov 20, 2018 @ 11:58:56
I wonder how things would be if the citizenry were allowed to carry handguns.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Nov 20, 2018 @ 14:59:52
@gakINGKONG Said

The criminal who kicked the female cop in the chest, and almost in front of the oncoming bus, would have just shot her in the chest.

, Florida
#4New Post! Nov 20, 2018 @ 15:39:37
@offbeat Said

two cops were attacked yesterday. one woman cop was kicked in the chest and almost fell in front of a bus and the male cop was also hurt. after the attack, the chairman of the metropolitan police federation said that police might let offenders go if they assess that a situation is too risky for officers. so, there it is, the criminals have managed to break the resolve of those charged with protecting us. next stop ...the wild west! maybe we need to start giving our cops guns and let them shoot down the scum bags when they turn violent. at the moment the crim's have absolutely no fear of the police or the courts.

It would be reasonable for the police to carry guns.
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#5New Post! Nov 20, 2018 @ 16:33:42
Can you reference the location where this happened?
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#6New Post! Nov 20, 2018 @ 19:10:44
Politicians (through legislation) and the judiciary need to do much more to support the police.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 01:05:01
Locally, police can, and have, stopped chasing cars if it got too dangerous.
But sometimes, it's not soon enough.

I think with all of the other resources available today, you can let them go, and find them later... if it was serious enough crime to expend the resources.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 09:25:40
@mrmhead Said

Locally, police can, and have, stopped chasing cars if it got too dangerous.
But sometimes, it's not soon enough.

I think with all of the other resources available today, you can let them go, and find them later... if it was serious enough crime to expend the resources.
In the UK they have to request permission to car chase people. If it is deemed too dangerous to the public they have to just let them go. Unfortunately too many car chases have ended up with members of the public dead.

, Florida
#9New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 10:45:55
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and shot those two dead boys.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#10New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 19:00:53
@gakINGKONG Said

All of it would be the U.S.A. all over again. But. Better I say to be armed when needed, than to need and not have.

london, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 22, 2018 @ 23:07:24
@newcarscent7 Said

Can you reference the location where this happened?

England

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 22, 2018 @ 23:10:23
@gakINGKONG Said

a disaster...becaue we have more than enough crazies who have killed with knives ... imagine how many they would kill with a gun.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 23, 2018 @ 23:33:16
Yah lots of knife crime in the big city. Crazy really 5 stabbed in the same day. Cops are as much use as tits on a bull because they took all the power away from them.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#14New Post! Nov 24, 2018 @ 09:53:06
@offbeat Said

two cops were attacked yesterday. one woman cop was kicked in the chest and almost fell in front of a bus and...... the criminals have managed to break the resolve of those charged with protecting us. next stop ...the wild west! maybe we need to start giving our cops guns and let them shoot down the scum bags when they turn violent. at the moment the crim's have absolutely no fear of the police or the courts.

So, let me see if I have this straight. The police in the United Kingdom (England to us) do not have weapons (guns)? And you citizens in the UK call these unarmed officers to come and protect you from the criminals. And you in the UK actually voted for this situation. This is very ridiculous. Maybe you guys should change the way you vote. Maybe your gun laws are a little too restrictive.

Respectfully

Corey.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#15New Post! Nov 24, 2018 @ 17:12:30
@Corey Said

So, let me see if I have this straight. The police in the United Kingdom (England to us) do not have weapons (guns)? And you citizens in the UK call these unarmed officers to come and protect you from the criminals. And you in the UK actually voted for this situation. This is very ridiculous. Maybe you guys should change the way you vote. Maybe your gun laws are a little too restrictive.

Respectfully

Corey.

The UK is not England.

I'm willing to bet there aren't as many gun crimes in all of the UK in a month as there are in one week in the states. Even if calculated by population.
Their gun laws seem to be fine.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs