Politics

outrage at murder of soldiers in northern ireland tonight

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
mark66 On August 21, 2011

belfast, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 01:49:38
two men were brutally murdered tonight in northern ireland by irish republicans, they were murdered because they worked in a army base in county antrim, the killers posed as pizza delivery men and once inside the base opened up with automatic gunfire killing two and wounding four others,this attack shows how much certain people within the irish republican community have no regard for human life. the army base in which the attack took place is an open base it is not a heavilly fortified garrison, the fact that the killers had to disquise themselves as pizza men says it all they are cowards!! their aim is to get a united ireland!, but how do they ever think they wil suceed in this when they are nothing more than a bunch of cold blooded murderers!!!
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#2New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 01:55:09
Maybe because nothing else is working.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#3New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 01:58:35
Aw no that's terrible.
I hope that doesn't kick off more trouble.

Sick and dumb idiots, what do they hope to achieve because that DOES NOT lead to a united ireland. *sigh*
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#4New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 02:00:56
@mark66 Said

two men were brutally murdered tonight in northern ireland by irish republicans, they were murdered because they worked in a army base in county antrim, the killers posed as pizza delivery men and once inside the base opened up with automatic gunfire killing two and wounding four others,this attack shows how much certain people within the irish republican community have no regard for human life. the army base in which the attack took place is an open base it is not a heavilly fortified garrison, the fact that the killers had to disquise themselves as pizza men says it all they are cowards!! their aim is to get a united ireland!, but how do they ever think they wil suceed in this when they are nothing more than a bunch of cold blooded murderers!!!

This is heartbreaking to me. Mothers, sisters,grannies and aunties are grieving along with all other family members. The innocent are destroyed in the name of nationalism. My condolences to the families who have lost their loved one's. bybee

belfast, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 02:08:34
@alexkidd Said

Aw no that's terrible.

Sick and dumb idiots, what do they hope to achieve because that DOES NOT lead to a united ireland. *sigh*
thats how i feel, i am a protestant, how will this ever encourage me to want a united ireland??
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#6New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 02:14:24
Maybe some day we can be united if not in country at least in the desire to treat each other with respect and friendship.

The actions of these men represents only their own screwed up ideology and not those of Irish people as a whole.

belfast, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 02:28:57
@alexkidd Said

Aw no that's terrible.

@alexkidd Said

Maybe some day we can be united if not in country at least in the desire to treat each other with respect and friendship.

The actions of these men represents only their own screwed up ideology and not those of Irish people as a whole.

that is a very fair answer, and i accept it, and i agree that as a people ,a bit more mutual respect goes a long way, my family originate from southern ireland,they moved north in the uprising of 1916 , it is sad that still today as we speak people are still dying, sadly my friend not all hold your noble sentiments.
neachdciuil On April 22, 2009

North Uist, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 02:45:13
at least it isnt as bad as bloody sunday. those english bastards killed many innocent people. now THAT IS cold blooded murder and cowardice.

Eirinn gu brath!
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#9New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 12:51:45
oh woah didn't realise it was the Massereene army base, that's like 5 mins away from my house.

stupid attacks, the sooner these dinosaurs realise the troubles are over the better.

belfast, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 14:28:21
@neachdciuil Said

at least it isnt as bad as bloody sunday. those english bastards killed many innocent people. now THAT IS cold blooded murder and cowardice.

Eirinn gu brath!

how many attrocities would you like me to name that were carried out by murdering irish bastards, lets just mention omagh bombing for one all who perished that sad day were innocent and were murdered by irish men. so why you are trying to compare bloody sunday with last nights killings makes no sense. the fact remains this attack was pointless ,carried out by blood thirsty animals who have no regard for human life or indeed the wishes of the peole of northern ireland who want to live in peace with each other.
Bitty On September 16, 2009

Belfast, Ireland
#11New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 15:06:39
First off thats a generalisation, almost everyone in republic ireland want an end to this war, we've seen the bloodshed, almost everyone has grandparents with their stories to tell whether they're british or irish or whatever, and 2nd no group has taken responsibility, so for all we know it could be a couple of patriotic kids with access to weapons or just people who had a thing against the guys that died i dunno, i think painting the republic with the same brush as these people who carried out these acts is wrong and tarnishs the reputation the rest of ireland has built.

It's the acts of some fairly stupid selfish people, that does not mean the rest of Ireland is behind them or promotes their violence, we all want peace and justice.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0308/massereene.html
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#12New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 18:59:40
The attack was carried out by the 'the real IRA'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160317/Real-IRA-claim-responsibility-drive-executions-British-soldiers.html
It was murder, simply as that. To compare it to the Bloody Sunday massacre (which i agree was a terible crime but happened over 30 years ago) is wrong. The political situation is different, there are not british soliders on the streets, nor has there been for years. We need to forget the past and move onto the future. But some murdering terrorist can't seem to do that
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 19:00:58
@alexkidd Said

Aw no that's terrible.

They're not fighting for that anymore. They have a stable bit of land. They're using it as an excuse for chaos now.
Charles On November 16, 2010

, Christmas Island
#14New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 19:07:52
The people who committed those murders last night represent nobody. All right minded people will condem the attack as totallly unnecessary and counterproductive.
The ordinary decent people in Ireland, north and south are more worried about their jobs and keeping a roof over their heads than returning to the dark days.
But within the republican community someone must know who these scum are they have a duty as Irish men and women to give the authorities all the imformation needed to take these scum out of society.
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#15New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 21:24:45
i felt like crying when i heard it and im a Catholic but i dont agree with this at all no1 deserves to be murdered just for what they ar or what they work as or in.

i thought all this s*** was nearly over now this has happened its just not right.

but mark i dont like "by murdering Irish bastards" the majority of us were so angry and upset when we found out this had happened last night we dont the troubles to kick of again.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs