The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

opposing immigration will be a hate crime.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 14:40:07
@Jennifer1984 Said

Personally, I don't have a problem with anybody cracking down on hate crime. Lord knows, I've had to endure it so I know what it's like to be on the receiving end.

The only people who could possibly object are those who support, are, or would be, hate criminals.

And yes, I did see the demonstration in Belgium, on mainstream news, at prime time, last night.

The protesters have a right to make their point but when it turns to violence... which it invariably does where the extreme right are concerned.... there I draw the line.

Make your protest if you will. Make your point by all means. But do it peacefully.

Not too much to ask, is it..?

so, do you think that opposition to immigration should be considered a hate crime? I dare say the day will come when your peaceful existence in the west country is affected by excessive immigration...and then you wont be able to object for fear of being accused of a hate crime. it's easy to support a thing when it isn't having an effect on yourself.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 15:01:33
@offbeat Said

so, do you think that opposition to immigration should be considered a hate crime? I dare say the day will come when your peaceful existence in the west country is affected by excessive immigration...and then you wont be able to object for fear of being accused of a hate crime. it's easy to support a thing when it isn't having an effect on yourself.

I still haven't seen anything stating that opposition to immigration is a hate crime.

If you have a link and paragraph, please share.

What I did find was this:

14. We strongly condemn acts and manifestations of racism, racial discrimination,
xenophobia and related intolerance against refugees and migrants, and the
stereotypes often applied to them, including on the basis of religion or belief.
Diversity enriches every society and contributes to social cohesion. Demonizing
refugees or migrants offends profoundly against the values of dignity and equality
for every human being, to which we have committed ourselves. Gathered today at
the United Nations, the birthplace and custodian of these universal values, we
deplore all manifestations of xenophobia, racial discrimination and intolerance. We
will take a range of steps to counter such attitudes and behaviour, in particular with
regard to hate crimes, hate speech and racial violence. We welcome the global
campaign proposed by the Secretary-General to counter xenophobia and we will
implement it in cooperation with the United Nations and all relevant stakeholders, in
accordance with international law. The campaign will emphasize, inter alia, direct
personal contact between host communities and refugees and migrants and will
highlight the positive contributions made by the latter, as well as our common
humanity.

link

... If it is in there, that would probably be why Trump wouldn't sign.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Dec 19, 2018 @ 05:51:26
@offbeat Said

I was born and grew up in South London. Do you think I've never seen a migrant before...?

And I don't object to migrants anyway. Hey.... I'm the REMAIN voter here..!!

And I'm a woman. I campaigned for women's rights at uni... actually opposing hate crime against women.

And I'm gay. Do you think I've never experienced hate crime in a very personal way...?

Contrary to what you appear to think, I'm actually IN FAVOUR of anything that opposes hate crime against anybody.

Sheesh.

london, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 17:03:30
@Jennifer1984 Said

I was born and grew up in South London. Do you think I've never seen a migrant before...?

And I don't object to migrants anyway. Hey.... I'm the REMAIN voter here..!!

And I'm a woman. I campaigned for women's rights at uni... actually opposing hate crime against women.

And I'm gay. Do you think I've never experienced hate crime in a very personal way...?

Contrary to what you appear to think, I'm actually IN FAVOUR of anything that opposes hate crime against anybody.

Sheesh.

i'm also a remainer. but that doesn't make me close minded to the problems of unchecked immigration.and, you may have lived in London once but you seem to have escaped what must be one of the worse periods in London social history since the great depression. and who you want to sleep with has absolutely no bearing on this whatsoever.do try to keep on topic.

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 17:29:33
I still haven't seen the document stating that speaking in opposition to immigration is a hate crime.

london, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 00:48:17
@mrmhead Said

I still haven't seen the document stating that speaking in opposition to immigration is a hate crime.

it was a video of an official and he said that under the agreement opposition to immigration would be a hate crime and then he said that any newspaper that gave a platform to anyone opposing immigration would be shut down. i've forgotten where I saw the video and the fact that very few people even know about this points to a deliberate intention not to give the signing media publicity.i would not lie about seeing that video and i'm airing this because the intention to prevent debate on an issue as serious as immigration is a breach of our freedom of speech.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#22New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 01:03:01
@offbeat Said

it was a video of an official and he said that under the agreement opposition to immigration would be a hate crime and then he said that any newspaper that gave a platform to anyone opposing immigration would be shut down. i've forgotten where I saw the video and the fact that very few people even know about this points to a deliberate intention not to give the signing media publicity.i would not lie about seeing that video and i'm airing this because the intention to prevent debate on an issue as serious as immigration is a breach of our freedom of speech.

Officials say crazy or untrue things all the time to rile their supporters. Just because the liberals do it doesn't mean that the conservatives don't. By necessity, you would need a document to facilitate any sort of discussion because without it you could literally claim anything and, as long as someone else with power said it, it could not be challenged.

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 02:19:26
@offbeat Said

I don't disbelieve that you saw that.

But that's just someone saying something.

Like ... "Mexico will pay for the wall"

london, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 18:13:34
@mrmhead Said

I don't disbelieve that you saw that.

But that's just someone saying something.

Like ... "Mexico will pay for the wall"

ok, i'll leave it there then and hope that you're interpretation is the correct one. i'd rather believe what you're saying because to believe what I heard and saw is too outrageous to live with. I wish I, like everyone else in the uk ( it seems ) hadn't heard it.

london, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 18:14:45
@nooneinparticular Said

Officials say crazy or untrue things all the time to rile their supporters. Just because the liberals do it doesn't mean that the conservatives don't. By necessity, you would need a document to facilitate any sort of discussion because without it you could literally claim anything and, as long as someone else with power said it, it could not be challenged.

I envy you with regard this because the usa was sensible enough not to sign it.

, Hawaii
#26New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 18:34:08
@offbeat Said

I envy you with regard this because the usa was sensible enough not to sign it.

I don't even know what they refused to sign, so I don't really have a full opinion about whether or not it was a good idea.

NE, Ohio
#27New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 22:05:55
@nooneinparticular Said

I don't even know what they refused to sign, so I don't really have a full opinion about whether or not it was a good idea.

A number of nations want to come to some sort of agreement on how to deal with immigration. Kind of like the early stages of what became the Paris Accord for the environment.

BTW - I think I saw some mention that climate change is expected to play a role in increased migrations.

Kind of like - "We expect the s*** to hit the fan, so we, as global partners, better be prepared to deal with it."

london, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Dec 22, 2018 @ 11:54:16
@nooneinparticular Said

and the reason you don't know in your country is because of the same reason we don't know in our country and that is that the mainstream media didn't report it.

london, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Dec 22, 2018 @ 11:58:31
@mrmhead Said

A number of nations want to come to some sort of agreement on how to deal with immigration. Kind of like the early stages of what became the Paris Accord for the environment.

BTW - I think I saw some mention that climate change is expected to play a role in increased migrations.

Kind of like - "We expect the s*** to hit the fan, so we, as global partners, better be prepared to deal with it."

yes, that is exactly the point. as climate change really takes hold, we will be experiencing the movement of vast amounts of people.and one day even those PC maniacs who want unchecked migration will be volunteering to patrol our coasts and even carry a weapon to repel refugees. in much the same way as a passenger in a dangerously over filled life boat would push away drowning passengers who are seeking to get on board.

, Hawaii
#30New Post! Dec 22, 2018 @ 22:18:07
@offbeat Said

and the reason you don't know in your country is because of the same reason we don't know in our country and that is that the mainstream media didn't report it.

Then how can we know whether or not it really said that opposing immigration will be a hate crime? Because someone said it did? That's been basically my whole point.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs