Health & Fitness

obesity in children

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 13:55:44
obesity in general is on the increase across the western world, however the growing numbers of obese kids is quite alarming, we all know it is important to have a balanced healthy diet and plenty of exercise, but are some parents just ignorant to these facts, and are those who continue to over feed their kids, actually guilty of child abuse?
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 13:58:53
I think people who make their children morbidly obese by feeding them crap are guilty of child abuse. Chips and chicken nuggests everyday for dinner is dreadful!

Parent's have a responsibility to care for their child and give them the best opportunity they can. BY making you child obese they have an 80% chance of being an obese adult which is a hard cycle to break, and definitely putting your child at a disadvantage that isn't needed.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#3New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 14:02:20
More than anything, it boils down to "get your brat MOVING". MO.
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 14:07:41
parents have a responsibility to educate kids into being healthy, if they do not possess such knowledge maybe parents of morbidly obese children could be forced to take lessons in health education, that way they can act in a more responsible manner.
Say whaaa

#5New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 14:11:11
@Hinckleylad Said

parents have a responsibility to educate kids into being healthy, if they do not possess such knowledge maybe parents of morbidly obese children could be forced to take lessons in health education, that way they can act in a more responsible manner.

I think proper nutrition should be part of the antenatal classes tbh because you need to be healthy in pregnancy and you need to be able to eat healthily especially if your breast feeding!
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 15:12:10
@angelcake Said

I think proper nutrition should be part of the antenatal classes tbh because you need to be healthy in pregnancy and you need to be able to eat healthily especially if your breast feeding!

An excellent idea!

I think part of the problem is lack of knowledge, or confusing / conflicting information. And then there are some people out there who just don't care about eating healthily, which is truly disturbing.

I think that parents should be charged with child abuse, but only if it can be proved that they have knowledge of health nutrition, and they're just ignoring it for the sake of convenience or whatever else.
Say whaaa

#7New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 16:12:04
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

An excellent idea!

I think part of the problem is lack of knowledge, or confusing / conflicting information. And then there are some people out there who just don't care about eating healthily, which is truly disturbing.

I think that parents should be charged with child abuse, but only if it can be proved that they have knowledge of health nutrition, and they're just ignoring it for the sake of convenience or whatever else.

Well honestly knowing that a carrot is good for your kids and feeding them burgers 7 times a week doesn't take a genius.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs