Forums:
Health & Fitness

obese kids, they should walk more!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
wildething On February 04, 2008

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 18:01:10
i am shocked these days to see more and more parents wheeling kids about in buggys and prams when the kids are at an age when they can walk instead. i walked my kids on reins as soon as they were old enough, and i did this in lancashire one of the hilliest areas in britain, so they had plenty of exercise. i never drove them or pushed them anywhere if i could help it. we walked miles sometimes, but it has brought them up with a taste for fresh air and a love of walking. they are not overweight and surprised at how many youngsters their age cannot keep up with them.
my advice to concerned parents is to change your diet but also lock up the car and throw away the buggy. it is never too soon to start.
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 18:11:58
when I was younge my parents and I endd up moving to the Lake District for a little while, my mom's dad got a job there and they wantedto move closer to him.

at the age of 3 I ended up walking to the top of many big hills, one being called beck coincidently.

When we moved away from the area though here weren't that many hill places to walk, so my grandad, who had retired, went in search of places and me and him ended upgoing on long walks with my dog.

Since moving up to Scotland I'm surprised that I've seen a fair few overweight people, young and old, and I'm wondering why? Just round the courney there's a mountain of a hill standing at 193 metres/feet can't be too sure, high. I've conquered it a few times, and there's so many other walks to be had too, with lovely scenery (eg the photos of the waerfall on my page)

Yet it seems most of the exercise these people are getting is going out down the highstreet to go to grab a chippy/chinese/summat from the co-op. Or just to sit on a bench and eat ice cream!
minivinni93 On June 12, 2008

Gillingham, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 18:22:56
@becky_pepper Said

at the age of 3 I ended up walking to the top of many big hills, one being called beck coincidently.

Ive been up that mountain

obese kids should do army training because its a lot about self control and getting fitter
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 19:24:55
i saw what looked like a 5-6 year old in a push chair the other day
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs