Forums: Politics:
Abortion

never thought you would. then you do.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Unknown93 On April 18, 2010

#1New Post! Apr 18, 2010 @ 05:37:56
I grew up against abortion. you open ur legs you deal with the consequences was how i thought of it. but until ur faced with the problem, ive learned to not judge. people have no idea how hard it is and how painful it is emotionally and physically. sometimes its not even your choice. and in my situation it wasnt. the streets would have been mine and my childs home if i would have kept it. and is that the right place to raise a child while your barely 16 years old? ill forever live with the regret. the pain. and the misery. im more depressed now than ive ever been. you might argue that it was my choice. but.... was it really?? being kicked out by ur parents and dissowned,lossing ur friends & family,the father of the baby leaving, having ur only option be abortion shoved down ur throat everyday. how is it possible to even function and think right ..... its now been 4 months since its happend. my life has been hell, literally. but the people who forced me go on with ther lifes fine and happy. its hard to look at myself cuz the disgust is unbareable.... all im saying is You DONT know how it feels til it happends to you. dont be so quick to judge cause some of the people who have had an abortion in their teens. it wasnt always our choice.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#2New Post! Apr 18, 2010 @ 05:44:00
It was your choice...thats why people are pro choice. Do whatever you're going to do, but at least own up to it. Good luck in life. Invest in condoms.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Apr 18, 2010 @ 07:46:57
I won't say I think you are being too hard on yourself simply because that won't do any good. I've been in your shoes, well maybe not exactly.

Beating yourself up won't do any good. It's like you are trying to punish yourself - ruining your life, the one you acted to save the quality of. I won't blow sunshine up your skirt. You will never forget the experience you have had nor will you forget what you've done. But you can forgive yourself. And that you must do. You do deserve your own compassion.
myvoice On April 05, 2021

, Canada
#4New Post! Apr 19, 2010 @ 14:58:10
Having the choice needs to be there... I'm for that. And I think that MAKING the choice is where the controversy comes into play b/c ppl who haven't been in that position come off as really harsh and judge without really knowing or understanding what you feel or experience before, during and after making the choice.
Often, people assume the choice is easy and there aren't feelings involved, that the woman making the choice is heartless, cold and cruel. They don't realize that it's often the most difficult choice ever. Sometimes the woman feels as tho it's the ONLY choice. It's SO easy to say I would or wouldn't do this and that and I could never allow anyone to make me feel this way or that, or I don't care what someone said or did, I would never... until they're there. Never say never b/c you DON'T REALLY KNOW until you're there.

Yeah, ultimately when you walk that line and have an abortion, you're making the choice, with or without support, feeling pressured or whatever, sure, you're making the choice. But what are the other options? Giving birth and having everyone in your life turning on you, so you live on the streets or in poverty & have the baby taken from you b/c you can't provide, and STILL be alone?

So often I hear ppl say "You open your legs, you pay the consequences. Take care of your responsibilities." OK... so in choosing to have an abortion, you're still living with consequences, it's not an easy decision, it's not something taken lightly & in a sad way, it IS being responsible, in that you're not allowing that pregnancy to continue and risk a crappy life for everyone involved.

Preach the adoption theory... not as cut and dry as it's made out to be either. Who gets to decide that THAT is the right answer? Why do you get to choose what's best for ME or ANYONE ELSE?? (for those against ab.)

Point being, when you haven't felt those conflicting feelings, the uncertainties, the lack of support, the fear, anxiety and desperation, you can't say what you would or wouldn't do. Circumstance, situation, risk, threat, pressure and isolation make for a LOT of emotion and confusion. Add time not being on your side b/c early termination is safer, "easier" and probably best, it's not as cut and dry as you might imagine it to be.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#5New Post! Jun 08, 2010 @ 05:18:19
@myvoice Said

Having the choice needs to be there... I'm for that. And I think that MAKING the choice is where the controversy comes into play b/c ppl who haven't been in that position come off as really harsh and judge without really knowing or understanding what you feel or experience before, during and after making the choice.
Often, people assume the choice is easy and there aren't feelings involved, that the woman making the choice is heartless, cold and cruel. They don't realize that it's often the most difficult choice ever. Sometimes the woman feels as tho it's the ONLY choice. It's SO easy to say I would or wouldn't do this and that and I could never allow anyone to make me feel this way or that, or I don't care what someone said or did, I would never... until they're there. Never say never b/c you DON'T REALLY KNOW until you're there.

Yeah, ultimately when you walk that line and have an abortion, you're making the choice, with or without support, feeling pressured or whatever, sure, you're making the choice. But what are the other options? Giving birth and having everyone in your life turning on you, so you live on the streets or in poverty & have the baby taken from you b/c you can't provide, and STILL be alone?

So often I hear ppl say "You open your legs, you pay the consequences. Take care of your responsibilities." OK... so in choosing to have an abortion, you're still living with consequences, it's not an easy decision, it's not something taken lightly & in a sad way, it IS being responsible, in that you're not allowing that pregnancy to continue and risk a crappy life for everyone involved.

Preach the adoption theory... not as cut and dry as it's made out to be either. Who gets to decide that THAT is the right answer? Why do you get to choose what's best for ME or ANYONE ELSE?? (for those against ab.)

Point being, when you haven't felt those conflicting feelings, the uncertainties, the lack of support, the fear, anxiety and desperation, you can't say what you would or wouldn't do. Circumstance, situation, risk, threat, pressure and isolation make for a LOT of emotion and confusion. Add time not being on your side b/c early termination is safer, "easier" and probably best, it's not as cut and dry as you might imagine it to be.

Srry, meant to kudo that as an agree.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Jun 08, 2010 @ 06:01:38
@Coleosis Said

It was your choice...thats why people are pro choice. Do whatever you're going to do, but at least own up to it. Good luck in life. Invest in condoms.

A bit harsh, don't you think?
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#7New Post! Jun 08, 2010 @ 08:04:02
@eternus_somnium Said

A bit harsh, don't you think?

So is killing a baby...If you dont have respect for one life, then I dont have respect for you.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#8New Post! Jun 09, 2010 @ 00:47:08
@Coleosis Said

So is killing a baby...If you dont have respect for one life, then I dont have respect for you.

In her situation, with that kind of pressure on her to have the abortion, or at least deal with the situation in a way that would get her life back to normal and to get her family and friends back... I don't think you can really say it's so black and white.
serena_nisha_sattar On November 09, 2013

port alberni, Canada
#9New Post! Jun 11, 2010 @ 21:24:42
Because you had an abortion doesn't mean you should be treated any differently now. I do notice the way people show their anger towards abortion.
Zef On April 03, 2011

New York, New York
#10New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 18:14:53
@serena_nisha_sattar Said

Because you had an abortion doesn't mean you should be treated any differently now. I do notice the way people show their anger towards abortion.

Humans that brutally slaughter innocent humans shouldn't be treated differently than humans that don't brutally slaughter innocent humans?
How did you arrive at that conclusion?
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#11New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 18:18:36
@Zef Said

Humans that brutally slaughter innocent humans shouldn't be treated differently than humans that don't brutally slaughter innocent humans?
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Probably because she has the quality of empathy.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#12New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 18:20:02
How do you arrive at the conclusion that there is brutality involved in abortions?
Zef On April 03, 2011

New York, New York
#13New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 18:21:43
@boxerdc Said

Empathy for brutal baby killers. How noble.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#14New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 18:26:14
@boxerdc Said

@Zef Said

I think the proper word (correct me if I'm wrong, boxer) is compassion.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#15New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 18:26:33
@Zef Said

That's why it's called empathy. It's something you know absolutely nothing about. I don't believe that you even know what the word means.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs