my religion is the church of IDK

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
999evilhandstand On January 21, 2010

elmira, New York
#1New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:26:18
why must people have an imaginary friend named God

I am an evolutionist. no i do not believe that we came from monkeys because the only ones who say that are people trying to disprove evolution. I can in my mind break humans origins down to a micro-single celled organism on this earth 5 billion years ago. but then the harder question arrives, were did that organism come from? I don't know. i don't need a answer to this. I am not losing sleep over the fact i don't know how it got here.

And i don't need to believe in any god to behave my self in the borders of society, also when i "sin" by coveting my neighbors wife every Saturday,i dont feel bad because i don't think any true god said not to. i don't feel like listening to 10 rules given to a Jew who got lost for 40 years in the desert.

i am not agnostic nor am i atheist, because both of those puts a name on what i believe

i just Don't know

there is not reason to have to have an answer for everything, enjoy the bliss of simply not having to have everything explain everything because of some higher being
BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#2New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:32:21
BRAVO well said!!!
solevil On February 09, 2014

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#3New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:34:34
Thats nice, have fun when you go into the blackness that is death. As for me, I will(hopefully)go to heaven. Say what you want but honestly whats better? Rotting in the ground or heaven?
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#4New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:37:31
@solevil Said

Thats nice, have fun when you go into the blackness that is death. As for me, I will(hopefully)go to heaven. Say what you want but honestly whats better? Rotting in the ground or heaven?

So is that why you believe, cause it's better????

elmira, New York
#5New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:39:22
@solevil Said

honestly, if i go to hell(if there is one, because i don't know if there is). Lucifer can't be that bad. his name means light bearer, he gave humans knowledge, AND he even had your God play a game with a simple man that tortured him just because your god has so much pride wait..isn't pride against your religion? so is your god a hypocrite? hmm i don't know...
Nyre On August 28, 2009

Regina, Canada
#6New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:46:05
Well said.

I have been a member of IDK for my entire life.

I don't know where we came from, but I don't need to know. The important thing is that I am here and I am me.
soypuke On May 13, 2009

Deleted

#7New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:48:39
@999evilhandstand Said

honestly, if i go to hell(if there is one, because i don't know if there is). Lucifer can't be that bad. his name means light bearer, he gave humans knowledge, AND he even had your God play a game with a simple man that tortured him just because your god has so much pride wait..isn't pride against your religion? so is your god a hypocrite? hmm i don't know...

God doesnt like knowledge, thats what religion is about.

elmira, New York
#8New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 01:52:23
@soypuke Said

God doesnt like knowledge, thats what religion is about.

And, God doesn't like acceptance of difference, or anything that feels good.

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#9New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 02:00:46
@999evilhandstand Said

Its not necessarily pride, thats just your view of it. I think you are referring to Job, where God let Lucifer/Satan do stuff to him to disprove Job's loyalty to God. Well anyway, knowledge corrupted and made people suffer. Lucifer/Satan wanted to put doubt and fear into the human mind by giving them unneeded knowledge. It was a test pretty much, and they failed. If not for that "knowledge" there would be no sin, which means that there would be absolutely nothing wrong in this world if not for the "knowledge". Well pretty much something like that. But think about it. An all powerful being is not to hard to believe in.

You can believe in, or not believe in whatever you want. But in the end of your IDK religion is rotting in the ground, in mine, Is paradise.
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#10New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 02:07:02
SO yes, you believe to get paradise...not because a man died for your sins, not because he is the son of god..all of which I highly doubt, but you believe for what you get out of it...I find this a lot with christians, and personaly I don't get it.

I guess I thought the point was a bit deeper than "Heaven and Hell"

elmira, New York
#11New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 02:08:39
Quote:
Lucifer/Satan wanted to put doubt and fear into the human mind by giving them unneeded knowledge. It was a test pretty much, and they failed. If not for that "knowledge" there would be no sin, which means that there would be absolutely nothing wrong in this world if not for the "knowledge"

someone call the witch doctor i need a cure for dumbness

o.k., so knowledge is bad? we should all be mindless drones fallowing a invisible man who has never spoken to anyone credible? and who ever God speaks to for some reason is a mass murderer?

AND without knowledge we would have no medicine, cars, AND this computer you are using to promote ignorance?

fail.

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#12New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 02:10:08
@BeTTyBeLL Said

SO yes, you believe to get paradise...not because a man died for your sins, not because he is the son of god..all of which I highly doubt, but you believe for what you get out of it...I find this a lot with christians, and personaly I don't get it.

I guess I thought the point was a bit deeper than "Heaven and Hell"

There is a deeper point than just Heaven or Hell. I was comparing the afterlife of his "IDK religion" and mine. Dont take what I say out of context.
soypuke On May 13, 2009

Deleted

#13New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 02:10:29
@solevil Said

Its not necessarily pride, thats just your view of it. I think you are referring to Job, where God let Lucifer/Satan do stuff to him to disprove Job's loyalty to God. Well anyway, knowledge corrupted and made people suffer. Lucifer/Satan wanted to put doubt and fear into the human mind by giving them unneeded knowledge. It was a test pretty much, and they failed. If not for that "knowledge" there would be no sin, which means that there would be absolutely nothing wrong in this world if not for the "knowledge". Well pretty much something like that. But think about it. An all powerful being is not to hard to believe in.

You can believe in, or not believe in whatever you want. But in the end of your IDK religion is rotting in the ground, in mine, Is paradise.

Isnt god the one who said "believe in this or go to hell?"

That seems like fear to me.
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#14New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 02:13:20
@solevil Said

There is a deeper point than just Heaven or Hell. I was comparing the afterlife of his "IDK religion" and mine. Dont take what I say out of context.

Then argue from a logical point of view.. He mentions nothing of an afterlife, where as you use one to defend an entire religion based on something where the afterlife is mere foot note.

I can only take from what you post.
Nyre On August 28, 2009

Regina, Canada
#15New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 02:13:25
@solevil Said

So why is it not ok for us not to believe? How does it affect you?
Why do you care so much? Why waste your time on us "sinners"?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs