Random

my mum just told me

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#1New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 00:05:00
that im scared of commitment and its f***ing up my life.

shes only after having a massive go at me as i wouldn give her a straight answer as to if was able to babysit tomorrow as i dont no what im doing yet,

then she started giving of and said "u will commit to nothing and ar unreliable u wonder why your unhappy and cant kepp down a job or a boyfriend"

and that you always leave something somewhere or someone thinking this will be better but when will you realize things wont get any better this is it.

just as i dont no whats round the corner or what will turn up and that i just want to be happy.

and i dont want to commit to anything as i no il not stay in that place long enough to make it work.

whats wrong with that???

is my mum right??

or is it better not to commit to things or commit to things and let people down when you finger out its not what you want???
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 00:13:26
wwwooowww thats unfair. you are 18, why should you commit to anything at the moment? you should be free to live and enjoy your life at the moment. commitment is for us oldies. have fun and enjoy

derry, Ireland
#3New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 00:17:57
@trillian Said

wwwooowww thats unfair. you are 18, why should you commit to anything at the moment? you should be free to live and enjoy your life at the moment. commitment is for us oldies. have fun and enjoy

ino i just want to travel and see the world

thats y i dont want to commit to things as the closer i get to ppl the harder it will be to leave.

but she dosnt understand

she just dosnt understand me

ok i love her to pieces but this is my life not hers and i no this aint right but i dont want to end up like her
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#4New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 00:44:57
Don't let yourself even ask (at the moment) if she's right or wrong. Just remove yourself from the scene, and calm down a little.

If she is right, she'll only cause an angry response from you. If she is wrong, you'll only be tempted to give her an angry response anyway....

Just return, in a little while, give her a genuine hug, and tell her that you "love her to pieces, but this is my life...." and leave it at that! Don't make waves! Then, give her another hug, and tell her, that was from me!
spadge On February 18, 2010
Aging Disgracefully

Deleted

Santa Land, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 00:47:24
Life is too short. Live a little before you settle down. Have some fun while you can.
lady_ninja33 On May 12, 2012

somewhere!!,
#6New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 01:02:40
i think you shud have some fun before its too late but you don't have to go with me.. and that's crazy your only 18... but you know TFS is always here for you

derry, Ireland
#7New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 10:53:55
@Saegespaene Said

Don't let yourself even ask (at the moment) if she's right or wrong. Just remove yourself from the scene, and calm down a little.

If she is right, she'll only cause an angry response from you. If she is wrong, you'll only be tempted to give her an angry response anyway....

Just return, in a little while, give her a genuine hug, and tell her that you "love her to pieces, but this is my life...." and leave it at that! Don't make waves! Then, give her another hug, and tell her, that was from me!

i went to bed and calmed down aint seen her yet 2day

but im still really annoyed about this as i thought she knew and understood me obviously im wrong

but my mum dosnt do hugs if i went to hug her shed push me away

but thanks

derry, Ireland
#8New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 10:57:22
@spadge Said

Life is too short. Live a little before you settle down. Have some fun while you can.

@lady_ninja33 Said

i think you shud have some fun before its too late but you don't have to go with me.. and that's crazy your only 18... but you know TFS is always here for you

exactly im only 18 i want to have fun and life my life to the full and see the world whats so wrong with that

just because im not my sister who is a straight A law student is in a 3 year relationship and has her own car dosnt drink dosnt smoke and dosnt go out or travel. IM NOT MY SISTER AND NEVER WANT TO BE HER!!!!!!

i wish shed get that into her head

but thanks guys
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 10:59:59
i have a very domineering mother and at 36 she still thinks she can tell me what to do and talk to me like i am 12. we have endless argument cos she wants to do things her way. even tries ot tell me what to do with my kids and life. get out now while you can. i left home at 20 cos i couldnt stand any more of her. she still hasnt learnt that although she is my mother she isnt my keeper and the way to get your children to respect you is to allow them to live their own lives.
good luck with whatever you do. xx

derry, Ireland
#10New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 11:08:29
@trillian Said

i have a very domineering mother and at 36 she still thinks she can tell me what to do and talk to me like i am 12. we have endless argument cos she wants to do things her way. even tries ot tell me what to do with my kids and life. get out now while you can. i left home at 20 cos i couldnt stand any more of her. she still hasnt learnt that although she is my mother she isnt my keeper and the way to get your children to respect you is to allow them to live their own lives.
good luck with whatever you do. xx

thanks

im going to do what i want not what she wants and if she wants to keep in contact with me during my travels she better lay of our i may just go to France in April and never come back
Wayne8559 On March 14, 2016
?ber Two Hat

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Feb 26, 2009 @ 19:56:49
You should only commit to something when you are ready too.. or else people get hurt and things go bad

derry, Ireland
#12New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 00:00:07
@Wayne8559 Said

You should only commit to something when you are ready too.. or else people get hurt and things go bad

exactly i dont want to commit and im not ready

i like been honest with ppl and dont want to hurt any1 thats why i dont make commitments or promises that i no i wont keep

is that so hard or my mother to understand
Wayne8559 On March 14, 2016
?ber Two Hat

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 20:35:26
@chef_mia Said

exactly i dont want to commit and im not ready

i like been honest with ppl and dont want to hurt any1 thats why i dont make commitments or promises that i no i wont keep

is that so hard or my mother to understand

Just tell your mother that times have changed since she was 18

with respect of course

derry, Ireland
#14New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 21:21:58
@Wayne8559 Said

Just tell your mother that times have changed since she was 18

with respect of course

i dont have a death wish thanks
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#15New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 21:23:54
Babe your only 18 what you wanna commit for?!

Go and sew wild oats, get drunk and snog strangers
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs