Racism

muslims and islam

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 05, 2007 @ 23:02:54
theres one or two things i wanna clear up so i dont put my foot right in it. a while ago my friend told me that he'd looked in to it all and that the karan was based on evil or at least extremism and friday my uncle said that muslims beliefs are going in to un-islam countries heavy handed and force-teaching their beliefs on those who arent believers in islam. im asking cuz ive put my foot in it before with stuff i dont understand and know about but both those statements make sense considering muslims actions recently, or what they get accused of at least. and please dont get me wrong im not tarring all muslims with the same brush i know some real cool muslims who aren't extremists at all but quite peaceful
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#2New Post! Nov 05, 2007 @ 23:06:40
f*** all in one sentence.
donna_j On January 29, 2008

Adelaide, Australia
#3New Post! Nov 05, 2007 @ 23:06:42
What do you want people to answer??

There's a lot of Christian charities who use their "charity" as a front to convert Muslim kids in African countries to Christian (i.e. they use the money to buy them bibles, churches etc instead of focusing on food & water) but that doesn't mean that the bible is evil. Well, I guess that's subjective too.
tonkz On February 13, 2014

Croydon, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 05, 2007 @ 23:09:35
I have no idea on the current muslim movement into un-islamic countries. Lol. there seems to be so many of em!! us UK alone have millions of 'em!!!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#5New Post! Nov 05, 2007 @ 23:09:50
Generally it is the extremist element in all religions that is the dangerous ones.
perspicacious On November 28, 2014

?, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 05, 2007 @ 23:13:55
The forum you chose to put this thread in says it all.

Don't believe the s*** you hear.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

#7New Post! Nov 05, 2007 @ 23:17:29
@perspicacious Said
The forum you chose to put this thread in says it all.

Don't believe the s*** you hear.

actually i only realised that after, i meant to put it in religion and philosophy i often think christianity is based on evil, after all the church are murderous liars and the most religious event in the calendar is xmas with santa (an anagram of satan) at the helm
rockdave On May 23, 2009

#8New Post! Nov 06, 2007 @ 11:12:38
although dont ya think that islam is one of the most intolerant races? they certainly come across as that sometimes
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 06, 2007 @ 11:21:00
I beleive there has been a big divide amongst religions and cultures in the past for many reasons, one being that foregin travel and migration was much less common from the eastern to western sides of the world and vice versa.

In my experience most muslims are not at all intolerant of christians or westerners. If anything they are happy to just go about thier own beleifs and ways without judgement.

I think there has been much propoganda against muslims, as there has been against christians.

The important thing is, most people are able to see past the propoganda and when you are working shoulder to shoulder with people from another beleif system or culture you realise that under the skin we are all the same. We all eat, pee, dream, cry, hope, we all want the same things in life.

True there are extremists on all sides. Doesnt mean we have to listen to them.
wildething On February 04, 2008

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 06, 2007 @ 11:24:08
muslim bashing is not a very pleasant occupation.
and yes there are extremist muslims, there are also zionist jews, and extreme militant christian groups.
one very good reason why i don't follow any kind of organised religion.
but what is this thread all about, having a go at muslims?
that's easy.
the hard thing is to actually look at the facts and to see that out of all the muslims living in this world only a very small percentage are presently causing any problems, and most of those problems are economic or political, or both, so not solely down to islam.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

#11New Post! Nov 06, 2007 @ 12:23:41
the whole point of the thread wildething is i heard two comments and wondered if there was any truth behind them and wanted people on here to answer it for me before i got it wrong ive put my foot in it many times before and didnt wanna carry on being bigmouf
tipback On November 24, 2007

Traverse City, Michigan
#12New Post! Nov 23, 2007 @ 17:41:10
All Christians do not live in America as the Amish, the present-day Quakers or Puritans. The Amish women are covered and dont have high-tech gadgetry. Most Christians wear clothing that show their bodies, go to bars and dance and drink, and so on. So there's different degrees of a lifestyle while being Christian. Many in prisons may call themselves Christians.

Many Christians enlist in the military where they know they may be called upon to kill another human being.

But the same goes for Islam. There are different degrees of living a Muslim lifestyle just as there are Christian lifestyles. Belly dancers for example. We all know the clothing they wear and the seductive movements performed, yet many consider themselves Muslim....just as a stripper in America may call themselves a Christain.

And theres the intolerant bunch too. The Michael Savaages, the Jerry Falwell, the TV evangelists that get behind their podium of forgiveness & love & peace yet demand Palestime be bombed or Iran be bombed or Bush claiming God directed his actions. Ofcourse we also have these types in Islam, Zionism and in the Hindu religion too.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Nov 23, 2007 @ 17:43:52
@rockdave Said
although dont ya think that islam is one of the most intolerant races? they certainly come across as that sometimes

Islam is not a race.

Traverse City, Michigan
#14New Post! Nov 23, 2007 @ 18:01:04
I can only go on what I think I know and what my experinces have been.

I have many Muslim friends here where I live. I have gon to the masjed (mosque) and have listened. There are also Christian ministers or preachers that set in too.

They all have been very friendly and are awlays inviting me over for dinner and I usually accept.

But I think it comes down to the individual and how an individual finds religion and then what he or she decides to behave within it

Traverse City, Michigan
#15New Post! Nov 23, 2007 @ 18:10:09
So many people around the World are intolerant of so many things.

There are many good Christians. My ex-father in law was such a man...never said a bad word about anybody..always eager to lend a hand...giving to his church..patient. I admire him really. And there are many "good Muslims" I have met too. They never pushed their religion on to me. I never heard any of them cut down other religions. But Im sure they do exist. And Christians cutting down another beliefs exist too.

It seems odd though that religious people of these faiths, should be setting themselves to be good examples, yet they demonstrate the bad.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs