Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
intoxsickated On October 21, 2006

Deleted

Suburbia Hell, California
#1New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:35:52
do you believe in karma?

ok, so i'm not a religous person whatsoever! or maybe I am and don?t know it! in the back of my mind i have a feeling something's coming back to get me for thing's i did when i was young and immature! (or old and immature ). anywyas, (i mean) everything in my life has been going so well over the past few years.......and even when things start to look down, (in the long run), everything turns out better than it was originally. yea, i've had a few minor setbacks here and there, but on the whole.......i couldn't be happier. i think i'm becoming paranoid because i just can't help but feel something really, really, bad is going to happen soon. like some sort of payback is on it?s way!

do you have to be religous to believe in karma? does believing in karma make you religous?

damn i'm trashed!

i've been watching this stupid, "my name is earl" show on tv lately. this 'earl' guy is going back to set things straight with everyone he's hurt over his entire life! i think i should do the same. what do you think? in my old age, i feel like paranoia is starting to set in!

'they' say you should treat others as you would want them to treat you! (or something to that effect!) i haven't always done that, and i think now i have a bit of a guilty conscience over it is all!
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:38:57
I beleive in karma. I believe everybody gets what is coming to them. Maybe in this life or the next I don't know.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:38:58
Well........ no.

Karma is kinda like a good conspiracy theory. It sounds great and we really want to believe it because it just makes so much sense..... but, ultimately, it requires a level of coordination from a system that is in reality filled with a staggering amount of randomness.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#4New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:46:43
Pumpkin you're doomed! You're getting bashed on halloween
bstumbo On April 26, 2006

Tiburon, Ca., California
#5New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:49:35
It's payback for voting for Bush
bravo_zulu On December 07, 2006

New Sodom, Indiana
#6New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:50:36
Intox, you can believe in karma without being religious, but not in the sense you seem to define karma.

Johhnythan, even a simple survey of physics reveals two things pretty quickly. 1) The universe is incredibly complex and 2) Modern science can't honestly claim to understand it as yet. Just look at the dark matter vs. anti-matter debate. Hence, it seems shortsighted and just a bit egotistical to state categorically that something called "karma", regardless of what form it may take, does not exist.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#7New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:50:37
Yeah! Time for Hillary
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#8New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:52:13
I believe it what goes around comes around..yes I believe in Karma..but who knows..a lot of good people get s***ted on also!

Deleted

#9New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:54:14
@bravo_zulu Said
Intox, you can believe in karma without being religious, but not in the sense you seem to define karma.

what do you mean by the way 'i' define karma? maybe i'm just thinking about karma, but feeling more guilt?

by the way bstumbo:

i said i was sorry! ok, maybe i'm not.......but im gonna make it up to you! this, i must do!
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#10New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:55:58
@intoxsickated Said
what do you mean by the way 'i' define karma? maybe i'm just thinking about karma, but feeling more guilt?

by the way bstumbo:

i said i was sorry! ok, maybe i'm not.......but im gonna make it up to you! this, i must do!

You voted for Bush!! what's wrong with you Pumpkin head!!!!
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#11New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 02:58:08
@unspokenwords Said
You voted for Bush!! what's wrong with you Pumpkin head!!!!

Yeah the pumpkin is going down for that one lol

Deleted

#12New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 03:01:46
Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon
You come and go
You come and go.......

damn! now i got that stupid song stuck in my head!
bravo_zulu On December 07, 2006

New Sodom, Indiana
#13New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 03:39:29
@intoxsickated Said

by the way bstumbo:

You speak of karma as if it is some punitive force that will knock you off your high horse because of your past deeds. Such an action could only be associated with a higher power.

Conversely, one could believe that the decisions that you make have a certain effect upon your life. If you get a good education and obey the laws, which are normally viewed as good, then financial stability and a comfortable life will come your way, which are also good. You could believe that and still be an atheist, though not necessarily so.

Deleted

#14New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 03:49:32
@bravo_zulu Said
You speak of karma as if it is some punitive force that will knock you off your high horse because of your past deeds. Such an action could only be associated with a higher power.

i see what you're saying!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Oct 22, 2005 @ 10:04:22
It seems that sometimes what goes around comes around. I really wouldnt worry about it, its just the tv show making you paranoid. If you think about all the things you did as a kid then think about all the things that have happened to you, say you stole another kids sweets and then fell over - done paid your dues. For every bad name you may have called someone - i bet you've had one called back. These things generally even out - i really wouldn't worry about it - stupid TV!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs