The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

john mayer....Singer/Song Writer/Racist?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 04:40:11
https://www.tmz.com/2010/02/10/john-mayer-n-word-apology-race-playboy-twitter-david-duke-sorry/ This guy is joking right? What did he think would happen after using such a disgusting word? WTF!!!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 04:44:14
I don't think he is racist, I think he just said something extremely stupid.

I've lost a lot of respect for him recently, and his arrogance sickens me. It's a shame since I enjoy his earlier music.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#3New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 04:44:36
he looks stoned in the picture in the article!
maybe that's why he said it!

but ya, no excuse for that.. what he said, meant it or not, the 1st word that came out = close to inner feeling

I still like his songs though, don't get me wrong
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#4New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 04:47:45
i used to really like john mayer. i thought he was an intelligent musician and his guitar skills are sick. but he's just too arrogant for my taste lately. and i don't think he's racist at all. i just think he was being a moron at the time. he seems to be acting that way a lot lately, i gues...
friendlybear On March 10, 2010

Deleted

Nanaimo, Canada
#5New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 05:02:57
Who Says?
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#6New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 05:05:24
Not racist. But that's not something you say to a magazine, that's something you say to your friends behind closed doors. A lot of people could take that very offensively.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#7New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 05:20:27
@magically_delicious Said

Not racist. But that's not something you say to a magazine, that's something you say to your friends behind closed doors. A lot of people could take that very offensively.

You say the word "nigger to your friends behind closed doors? If so, WHY?
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#8New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 05:40:59
@Spinkiegirl Said

You said it...You are just as bad as John Mayer. You should be ashamed. Everyone knew what word he was talking about without you spelling it out. You saying it in quotes is no better than someone saying a nigger pass or nigger toe refering to a type of nut.

Its a word...I dont see you starting a thread everytime a black guy says it. John Mayer isnt the racist beast you're making him out to be. He is arrogant, so what...most rich/celebrities are, including members of your favorite teams, bands, shows, movies, etc. I'm sure you never say a bad word. That's why you are so quick to point out when someone else does, right?
mrmexico25 On November 19, 2019

Dallas, Texas
#9New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 05:44:07
Quote:
You said it...You are just as bad as John Mayer. You should be ashamed. You saying it in quotes is no better than someone saying a nigger pass or nigger toe refering to a type of nut.

Its a word...I dont see you starting a thread everytime a black guy says it. John Mayer isnt the racist beast you're making him out to be. He is arrogant, so what...most rich/celebrities are, including members of your favorite teams, bands, shows, movies, etc. I'm sure you never say a bad word. That's why you are so quick to point out when someone else does, right?

HERE HERE!

Be careful though, logic only goes so far on TFS.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#10New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 06:10:27
@annski729 Said

I don't think he is racist, I think he just said something extremely stupid.

I've lost a lot of respect for him recently, and his arrogance sickens me. It's a shame since I enjoy his earlier music.

lol, I was reading about his interview, and thinking he was coming across like a douchebag, and then I remembered how much a fan of his you were, and I thought, I wonder if she still is?

He really came across like a douchebag in that interview, and the funny thing was, he starts off by saying, "I really don't want people thinking I'm a douchebag, because I'm not..." and then goes on to make himself look like a complete douchebag. And I hadn't really had an opinion about him one way or the other prior to that because I just didn't know anything about him. But now, he seems like a real d***.
liquer On March 06, 2010

Deleted

#11New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 09:04:28
It is disgusting, but he did apologise so can't we all just move on.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#12New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 10:04:59
This is the weakest source of outrage since Kayne interrupted Taylor Swift.
liquer On March 06, 2010

Deleted

#13New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 10:37:30
Whatda you want from the guy? Blood? He apologised for his 'sins' don't you lot believe in forgiveness?
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#14New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 16:17:05
@Spinkiegirl Said

Not that word specifically, its close cousin nigga that a lot of black people use in jest when speaking to each other. If you have a lot of black friends, often times it becomes "OK" for the white person to use it while speaking with them. I have a lot of black friends, and if I chose to say it (which I don't, they would just make fun of me for how white I am lol) I could, but that's nothing I would ever imagine saying around people I don't know, none the less a magazine. I think John Mayer obviously has a circle of friends who lets him get away with language like that, and so he means it in a funny way.....but that's pretty off-color humor and not something you say to magazine.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#15New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 16:29:11
I've never liked him or his music. This actually does not surprise me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs