Random

is it a cry for help?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 00:35:21
a girl i know and used to be very close to has had some major problems the last year or so.. shes 16 years old... well turning 17 soon.. now i got nothing against who she is friends with but it worries me when she tells me the age of these people.. they are like 30-40s.. they buy her alchol when she asks them and fags... and basically constantly buy her expencive things like rings clothes perfume... they've never made her do anything.. that she didnt want too.. never pressured her into sex or anything like that.. so i wouldnt say they were 'perverts' as such..

This girl had lots of friends her own age.. shes slowly pushed them all away from her when they started to get a bit too close.. i know this sounds kind of weird i cant exactly say what happened to her but most people can guess.. its messed her up badly... infact when i talk to this girl i have no idea who she is... she doesnt look people in the eyes anymore and she even lies about who shes out with and what shes doing...

i know if her parents found out the age of these 'men' shes hanging around with they would hit the roof... i dont want to say anything to them incase im making the situation worse.. i dont want them to have ago at her and then her do something just to spite them kind of thing. because i know she'd do that..

shes throwing away every chance of a possible career she has for these guys.. now she only has around 4 friends that are her age.. and that are female.. im not the only one that been worried about this her friends have turned to me aswell.. now its difficult for me to help her because i dont know if she wants to be helped?

shes not the type that throws it back in your face but she will let you help her but i really dont think its what she wants? i just dont understand it im pretty good at understanding what she does.. but this im totally unsure about..

im more worried about the fact some of these guys are men off the internet that live in her area.. and she actually meets them at their own homes.. i know thats breaking every rule in the meeting people online book.. i just dont know what to say to her i know if i say the wrong thing..she will do it all the more.. im very stuck..

so im wondering is this a cry for help? or is it just something that shes decided to do.. she has a bad history with depression that is all im going to say.. someone has also told me that this could be away of her feeling normal and liked by having friends that are much older than her..

or am i just wrong to be so worried?

Help?
decoy25 On August 25, 2011

Washington, District of Columb
#2New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 00:40:10
I would honestly be very worried about what she is doing with these men. With their age and how she is meeting with them and going to their homes drink, and smoking with them no matter what she says something else is going on there. She needs to watch herself and make sure she knows how dangerous what she is doing actually is. Now for being a cry for help I don't think it would be that I think it is probably something along the lines of she likes the attention she can get from these men since she is a young teenager and well they are old enough where teenagers are seemingly off limits to them. So yea I would make sure you tell her to watch herself and probably rethink the way she is living because well sad to say it but I don't see anything but something bad coming from a situation like that one and hopefully something hasn't already happened since you said she has been very stand offish lately.
tat2edskin On July 27, 2007

Deleted

Medford, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 00:44:19
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 00:44:41
@decoy25 Said
I would honestly be very worried about what she is doing with these men. With their age and how she is meeting with them and going to their homes drink, and smoking with them no matter what she says something else is going on there. She needs to watch herself and make sure she knows how dangerous what she is doing actually is. Now for being a cry for help I don't think it would be that I think it is probably something along the lines of she likes the attention she can get from these men since she is a young teenager and well they are old enough where teenagers are seemingly off limits to them. So yea I would make sure you tell her to watch herself and probably rethink the way she is living because well sad to say it but I don't see anything but something bad coming from a situation like that one and hopefully something hasn't already happened since you said she has been very stand offish lately.

Yeah i get what your saying. there is a major reason why im holding off.. its difficult for to explain without giving too much detail but if i say shes very 'unstable' would you know what i mean?
she never normally liked attention from people she used to be someone that would rather not be noticed?

i noticed how much she'd changed a few days ago when she showed me one of her new pictures.. and im talking "did a skirt come with that belt" kind of thing..
tat2edskin On July 27, 2007

Deleted

Medford, Massachusetts
#5New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 00:47:37
Hmmm, I'd be worried.

Personally, being an older guy myself & a parent of a teenaged daughter, If pictures are being taken, there is no telling how far it may or may have already gone...
decoy25 On August 25, 2011

Washington, District of Columb
#8New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 00:54:34
@alisia Said
see. the three things you mentioned already happened to her.. but it was by a 'distant relative' which is why im asking if this could possibly be a cry for help? its a hard one for me because i live so far away from her now.. in my eyes altho im only 18 myself.. shes still a CHILD. and i know that what these guys are doing because they are just as bad for egging her on with it.. has got to be illgel in someway?

in the US the supplying of alchol and cigarettes (not fags don't like that term) would be a huge crime and if sex was involved an even huger offence and then if you added the internet thing well those guys would be f***ed. Now I don't know about over there though.
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 00:59:04
@decoy25 Said
in the US the supplying of alchol and cigarettes (not fags don't like that term) would be a huge crime and if sex was involved an even huger offence and then if you added the internet thing well those guys would be f***ed. Now I don't know about over there though.

see i know that some of these guys have daughters the same age as this girl which is sick in itself..
bellestrange On March 08, 2012
Coo Coo Kachoo

South Australia, Australia
#10New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 01:20:47
@alisia Said
a girl i know and used to be very close to has had some major problems the last year or so.. shes 16 years old... well turning 17 soon.. now i got nothing against who she is friends with but it worries me when she tells me the age of these people.. they are like 30-40s.. they buy her alchol when she asks them and fags... and basically constantly buy her expencive things like rings clothes perfume... they've never made her do anything.. that she didnt want too.. never pressured her into sex or anything like that.. so i wouldnt say they were 'perverts' as such..

This girl had lots of friends her own age.. shes slowly pushed them all away from her when they started to get a bit too close.. i know this sounds kind of weird i cant exactly say what happened to her but most people can guess.. its messed her up badly... infact when i talk to this girl i have no idea who she is... she doesnt look people in the eyes anymore and she even lies about who shes out with and what shes doing...

i know if her parents found out the age of these 'men' shes hanging around with they would hit the roof... i dont want to say anything to them incase im making the situation worse.. i dont want them to have ago at her and then her do something just to spite them kind of thing. because i know she'd do that..

shes throwing away every chance of a possible career she has for these guys.. now she only has around 4 friends that are her age.. and that are female.. im not the only one that been worried about this her friends have turned to me aswell.. now its difficult for me to help her because i dont know if she wants to be helped?

shes not the type that throws it back in your face but she will let you help her but i really dont think its what she wants? i just dont understand it im pretty good at understanding what she does.. but this im totally unsure about..

im more worried about the fact some of these guys are men off the internet that live in her area.. and she actually meets them at their own homes.. i know thats breaking every rule in the meeting people online book.. i just dont know what to say to her i know if i say the wrong thing..she will do it all the more.. im very stuck..

so im wondering is this a cry for help? or is it just something that shes decided to do.. she has a bad history with depression that is all im going to say.. someone has also told me that this could be away of her feeling normal and liked by having friends that are much older than her..

Help?

I'm sorry to say but there is definitely 'something' being given in exchange for these 'gifts' that are being lavished upon her. It may not be sexual (or maybe she's just not admitting to it) yet, but sooner or later and either willingly or unwillingly, it will come to that. In my experience, no man in his right mind would hand over expensive things to a young girl and not expect anything in return. Unless of course they were related, like family, and even then if it was a ridiculous amount of gifts for seemingly 'no reason', then I would still be questioning the motives behind his/their generosity. But that's just me, I have a suspicious mind, I guess.

And I totally understand your predicament, Alisia, it is hard to know what to do in a situation where you feel if you do the thing that's most likely to help (informing the parents) is, on the same token, the one thing that could exacerbate the problem. I guess all you can do is what feels right, I'm sure you know in your gut what is really happening, and if you do, I urge you to do whatever is possible to help her, because it's obviously not innocent in the slightest! Even if they are just taking photos of her fully clothed without her knowing it is basically classed as paedophilic act, they are probably gaining some sort of sexual gratification from her pictures, or whatever she is doing with/around them.
Good luck with what choice you make
Coo Coo Kachoo

#11New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 01:25:53
Oooh, I forgot to add, often girls who have been abused before will gravitate toward people who are likely to do that to them again/as well, they are so needy for affection and what they think is 'love' that they block out what is happening, anything to keep the attention coming, if you know what I mean?
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 01:31:13
@bellestrange Said
I'm sorry to say but there is definitely 'something' being given in exchange for these 'gifts' that are being lavished upon her. It may not be sexual (or maybe she's just not admitting to it) yet, but sooner or later and either willingly or unwillingly, it will come to that. In my experience, no man in his right mind would hand over expensive things to a young girl and not expect anything in return. Unless of course they were related, like family, and even then if it was a ridiculous amount of gifts for seemingly 'no reason', then I would still be questioning the motives behind his/their generosity. But that's just me, I have a suspicious mind, I guess.

And I totally understand your predicament, Alisia, it is hard to know what to do in a situation where you feel if you do the thing that's most likely to help (informing the parents) is, on the same token, the one thing that could exacerbate the problem. I guess all you can do is what feels right, I'm sure you know in your gut what is really happening, and if you do, I urge you to do whatever is possible to help her, because it's obviously not innocent in the slightest! Even if they are just taking photos of her fully clothed without her knowing it is basically classed as paedophilic act, they are probably gaining some sort of sexual gratification from her pictures, or whatever she is doing with/around them.
Good luck with what choice you make

see i know soon her mum and dad will question her on where all this stuff is comming from... i mean she gets EMA and thats about it.. its not enough to buy gold ring etc.. and i know she'll find an excuse.. now she has a myspace account, and she used to leave it up on her computer im good friends with her brother, and he used to talk to me via her myspace..and now she doesnt even leave it open anymore and changed her passwords on everything..which is kind of worrying me even more.. although shes lying to her parents she wouldnt lie to me, i can see right through her lies.. so at the moment im not sure if anything is going on.. but from what i know normally they gain girls confidence before even suggesting stuff..

there is one person she will actually listen too.. and thats her ex boyfriend.. hes one of the guys that knows near enough everything about her, well apart from this.. but im not sure if i want to get him involved it doesnt seem fair?
MICK_SKINS On September 26, 2009

medway, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 01:32:21
@alisia Said

Help?

If her name is **** from Kent then my opinion is you should keep the hell away from her.
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 01:34:09
@skins Said
If her name **** from Kent then my opinion is you should keep the hell away from.

um no
Coo Coo Kachoo

#15New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 01:35:39
@skins Said
If her name is **** from Kent then my opinion is you should keep the hell away from her.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs