Politics

injured allied troops

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 23, 2009 @ 09:58:49
allied troops injured and maimed in the conflict in afganistan are waking up in hospital, with taliban casualties in adjacent beds, our soldiers are up in arms about this, as they claim these taliban could have been the very ones who put them there, or have killed their fellow servicemen.

Do you think it is right to have such mixed wards in hospitals there?

i personally believe that our troops deserve better treatment, and those such as the taliban should be treated elswhere, under the geneva convention we are duty bound to tend these injured opponents, but surely commonsense would dictate we do it in a seperate facility.
henry_ireton On May 27, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 23, 2009 @ 10:11:26
What else do you expect from a government that cuts defence spending and gets involved in a two front war? In the UK injured soldiers get sent to A&E so this doesn't surprise me sadly.

It's impressive the new lows Labour can sink to.

Deleted

#3New Post! Jan 23, 2009 @ 10:20:34
henry,

100% agree with that statement
henry_ireton On May 27, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 23, 2009 @ 10:34:17
Well the ineptitude of Labour and Whitehall is something all politcal ideologies can agree on.

alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#5New Post! Jan 23, 2009 @ 10:48:48
i think there's something poetic about it
but to save hassle and contention they should be separated, plus people need to recover in as calm an environment as possible.
the stress of that isn't good.

i can se how the logistics of that is akward however, during war sometimes the wounded are lucky to find a bed, let alone one with nice neighbors, and they all need treatment.
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 23, 2009 @ 10:55:04
If I woke up in a ward, next to the guy that put me there, HE should be the worried one.

Deleted

#7New Post! Jan 23, 2009 @ 10:56:59
maybe our troops should take longer with their aim, and pin point a head shot for example, this would remedy the problem immediately.(controversial i know ).

i wish all our forces were withrawn immediately anyway,
bigbeardogs14 On February 19, 2009

azle,
#8New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 23:42:17
@Hinckleylad Said

allied troops injured and maimed in the conflict in afganistan are waking up in hospital, with taliban casualties in adjacent beds, our soldiers are up in arms about this, as they claim these taliban could have been the very ones who put them there, or have killed their fellow servicemen.

i personally believe that our troops deserve better treatment, and those such as the taliban should be treated elswhere, under the geneva convention we are duty bound to tend these injured opponents, but surely commonsense would dictate we do it in a seperate facility.

I was in Khandahar in Nov. & Dec. and worked with the taliban that they allow on base as labor. They were mostly decent workers but said they would have to kill us if we went out to their village.
I also got to meet some of the young men and women who were stationed there. These are young kids who should be home drinking a beer and chasing each other around a dance floor, not getting shot at. Bush says attack and everyone says no, osama obama says escalate in Afghanistan and all the sheeple say yea. There is nothing there except the poppies that the u.s. needs to fund the war on terror and drugs. What a joke. Just say no.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 01:01:18
@Hinckleylad Said

You would think they'd WANT to separate them. Why don't they treat them in POW camps? Surely the Red Cross and medical teams have access to them there.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#10New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 01:12:00
This sucks big time. What a MESS!!!

Deleted

#11New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 14:46:25
@bigbeardogs14 Said

I was in Khandahar in Nov. & Dec. and worked with the taliban that they allow on base as labor. They were mostly decent workers but said they would have to kill us if we went out to their village.
I also got to meet some of the young men and women who were stationed there. These are young kids who should be home drinking a beer and chasing each other around a dance floor, not getting shot at. Bush says attack and everyone says no, osama obama says escalate in Afghanistan and all the sheeple say yea. There is nothing there except the poppies that the u.s. needs to fund the war on terror and drugs. What a joke. Just say no.

interesting,

ive got a cousin just gone back out to helmand province, for his second tour, he also been in iraq. my other cousin joined the army two weeks ago and is doing his basic, they told him he will be out there before the year ends.
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#12New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 16:14:03
@Hinckleylad Said

interesting,

ive got a cousin just gone back out to helmand province, for his second tour, he also been in iraq. my other cousin joined the army two weeks ago and is doing his basic, they told him he will be out there before the year ends.

I have three grandsons in the military of their own free choice.We have these ongoing worldwide conflicts and the armchair quarterbacks are full of opinions. bybee

Deleted

#13New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 16:25:23
i know bybee, if only they knew what really goes on out there and what our barve soldiers have to endure, and the mental scars they will alway carry for the rest of their lives.

our brave servicemen are only doing their jobs, following orders, although i do disagree with the objectives of those giving the orders, and putting british/american lives at risk, for what real purpose?

my cousin and his fellow division have no idea why they are there.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs