AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#46New Post! May 27, 2009 @ 15:56:24
@boxerdc Said

I've been to your fair country. It's pretty much an extension of the old empire. Your aboriginals have tiny little enclaves left of what was once an entire continent, just as our native Americans have here.

You stole the country from them, and changed it to suit yourselves.

If you can't see that, I wonder just how good your university system really is.

And I'll do you no favors at all. You keep whining, and I'll keep poking you with a stick.

It's entertainment for me.

As an extension to this point, there have also been centuries-worth of missionaries trying to spread the word of their god to tribal peoples who had quite happily got on with their lives, not needing the intervention of anybody else. If anybody's watched "The Mission" they'll know what I mean. I don't think we're in danger of that here.
SKUBER On July 20, 2009

Deleted

N/A,
#47New Post! May 27, 2009 @ 19:33:05
Every ethnic culture has some unique cultural attributes,that are adopted by and appreciated by the people of the host countries! Food,music,dance and literature to name only a few. Who would want to go backwards where all we were exposed to, would be only the ideas of the host countries people! In my opinion this would bankrupt the cultural life of a nation! The immigrant is of immense value to our societies!
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#48New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:28:02
well i have read with interest all comments made on this issue, and nothing constructive apart from takeaway cuisine, music ect has been put forward as to be good reasons to embrace the continued influx of migrants.

can anyone think about the negative impacts large scale migration can have on this country?

and if all you lot can come up with is the rise of bigots in the BNP, then your argument is flawed and lost.
skittleyan On March 06, 2010

, Hong Kong
#49New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:31:46
i have one, you owe it. britain colonized the world and now is mad because of immigrants?
MyMayBabies On October 23, 2009

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#50New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:33:17
@Hinckleylad Said

well i have read with interest all comments made on this issue, and nothing constructive apart from takeaway cuisine, music ect has been put forward as to be good reasons to embrace the continued influx of migrants.

can anyone think about the negative impacts large scale migration can have on this country?

and if all you lot can come up with is the rise of bigots in the BNP, then your argument is flawed and lost.

well where my ex used to work his boss laid of all the packing staff (who were all british) and hired some polish workers instead because they are cheaper. So thats the only problem i have

but then thats really my ex's boss being a cheap t***
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#51New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:33:27
So, you're saying that the United States rise from a collection of farming communities to a world superpower wouldn't count as an opportunity? Because it was immigration that caused that. Einstein was an immigrant. I, for one, am glad that we let him in.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#52New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:35:40
Well i will be honest, when i read your first post i did not see that you was talking about illegal immigrants.

There are many problems with illegals. One of them being if they are here and hurt themselves we have to treat them with the NHS with no refund of revenue from the country they came from. Although this way they will be caught and probably sent home.

Another problem with illegals is the amount of time and money it ties up our legal system when it could be dealing with other crimes.

Also illegals can commit crimes and get away with it because we have no record of them.

The only down side that for me is a personal thing with the influx of legal immigrants in the past 50 years is the disappearance of the nativity play in nursery schools. I feel that the education departments have submitted to a minority of people who claim it is offensive to them. To me personally i feel it is a shame because it has been something that has happened in the UK for a long time. Even though i am not religious. If the school was predominantly another religion then fair enough, but i feel it was a big mistake to bow to that pressure.

Like i say, that is my personal opinion. I wont be voting BNP on that basis though.

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#53New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:39:40
@treebee Said

Well i will be honest, when i read your first post i did not see that you was talking about illegal immigrants.

There are many problems with illegals. One of them being if they are here and hurt themselves we have to treat them with the NHS with no refund of revenue from the country they came from. Although this way they will be caught and probably sent home.

Another problem with illegals is the amount of time and money it ties up our legal system when it could be dealing with other crimes.

Also illegals can commit crimes and get away with it because we have no record of them.

The only down side that for me is a personal thing with the influx of legal immigrants in the past 50 years is the disappearance of the nativity play in nursery schools. I feel that the education departments have submitted to a minority of people who claim it is offensive to them. To me personally i feel it is a shame because it has been something that has happened in the UK for a long time. Even though i am not religious. If the school was predominantly another religion then fair enough, but i feel it was a big mistake to bow to that pressure.

Like i say, that is my personal opinion. I wont be voting BNP on that basis though.

jeez i totally agree

espically with the nursery issue, my daughters nursery where she went when she was younger banned 'baa baa black sheep' no word of a lie.
Because someone had been apparently offended???? Also i heard once of a school banning black boards because someone had complained instead they had white boards so should i complain?

im all for equal rights but sometimes people look to be offended IMO
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#54New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:47:23
I think its a case of "most" people don't care, they are quite happy to join in with customs of other cultures, that applies to all. I just think on all sides there are certain people who are agitators, who are extremely good at whipping up a frenzy about very little. Because they scream the loudest about being offended they tend to get their own way.

Unfortunately weak councilors and MP's have bowed to the pressure without actually doing research.

If a school has mixed cultures then I say that the children should celebrate ALL of the religious and historical celebrations. Britain is multicultural, it is best to educate ALL of our young accordingly. Denying Christian festivals and allowing other religious festivals to be studied at school is not fair.

Either that or keep religion entirely out of school.

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#55New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 07:51:01
@treebee Said

I think its a case of "most" people don't care, they are quite happy to join in with customs of other cultures, that applies to all. I just think on all sides there are certain people who are agitators, who are extremely good at whipping up a frenzy about very little. Because they scream the loudest about being offended they tend to get their own way.

Unfortunately weak councilors and MP's have bowed to the pressure without actually doing research.

If a school has mixed cultures then I say that the children should celebrate ALL of the religious and historical celebrations. Britain is multicultural, it is best to educate ALL of our young accordingly. Denying Christian festivals and allowing other religious festivals to be studied at school is not fair.

Either that or keep religion entirely out of school.

well said!!
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#56New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 08:23:22
@SparklyKatie Said

Well maybe you wouldn't be typing on this forum in English for a start.

I could find more examples but I think that was a pretty significant affect.

You have already admitted you enjoy going for a curry/kebab/pizza Hinckley. If you had it your way that would stop.

brilliant, uhfortuataly we cannot dare to ignore the truth.... those in the BNP can, sadly, speak with a democtratic confidence.

As for the Poles, their past record within the RAF was only given Full Recognition in 1992 {the reason why all the wartime dramas on the BBC do not have a production date beyond this point}

Source MoD Archives "unveiled" "1998 via the Home Office Presiding Secretary Jack Straw".

This was precursor to the" Freedom of Information Act-First Reading To The House that was "recalled" by the Lords in '99 . That "Act" was to be overturned a total of no less than 33{thirty-three)times before it's eventual fruition as we would know it today

From its inception{1953} to the present day it has NEVER recorded the role played by the Free Polacks in any capacitity in the Armed Services of the Bitish Isles.
Sorry Mate but the BRITISH invented the concept of the Concentration Camp. Further we invented the whole idea of using Noxous gases as a weapon.

As for English as a composite language the propability is higher than 33%[Chirstchurch College 1998] of all Anglo-Saxons would have been fluent in one of the "Derivative" Germanic dialects.

Sadly and worringly there is a growing "trend". Unfortunately
How Unfortunatly will be told by those that have better things to do than stare at a computer screen all day
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#57New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 08:30:41
@treebee Said

What about the medical people;;;;;i...I was treated by a dentist that no-one in the Health Centre could give me any background info on...
...This guy came from from Greece......No Probs with the standards of the Country that gave us modern medicine.

Crash on your head if you think this
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#58New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 09:32:25
I'm sick and tired of hearing and reading 'illegals/asylum seekers cost us so much' bla bla f***ing bla. I showed in an earlier post that only 5000 people were granted asylum last year and 65,000 forcably removed. Now unless you're a complete dunce at math you can work out more people are leaving than entering the UK. Secondly (something I think alex pointed out) the rate of illegals will not change even if the BNP got into government. Unless they have developed a super scanning machine that can track every person hidden in a lorry/container/boat that comes into the country. So quite simply the illegal immigrant/asylum seekers 'taking over' and the BNP will stop it is a fat crock of s***!

I'd also like to ask how the BNP would feel if Spain (or any other country ex-pats live) adopted your policy of no immigrants, what exactly would you do with the millions of extra people over retirement age that were sent home?
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#59New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 09:40:06
@derekdg Said

What about the medical people;;;;;i...I was treated by a dentist that no-one in the Health Centre could give me any background info on...
...This guy came from from Greece......No Probs with the standards of the Country that gave us modern medicine.

Crash on your head if you think this

Oh, shocking, a foreigner treated you! Oh my gosh, how dare they come into this country and find honest work!

The fact is, dentistry and medicine is one of those areas that has a shortage. We NEED qualified immigrants to come in and take up those jobs. In the future, hopefully this will mean that NHS dentist care is widely available, instead of having to pay through the nose for private care, or not bothering at all like so many people do!

Do you bother to ask for background information on everyone who treats you? Just because someone is foreign doesn't mean they might have something to hide
SKUBER On July 20, 2009

Deleted

N/A,
#60New Post! May 28, 2009 @ 09:57:00
@Hinckleylad Said

Yes, bigots will be even more greatly outnumbered!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs