Radio

ideas on radio make people angry....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#1New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:23:25
ok.. I was listening to the radio this morning.. the announcers were talking about how they want the listeners to send photos of their pets in holloween costumes....

like this...

then all the sudden they were told that they have a caller who didn't like the idea and they talked to the woman....

she told the listeners that she has been a member of PEDA for many years and told people how she totally objected putting animals through the whole "ordeal" of wearing a halloween costume... she kept saying "their costumes will get snagged on something...they will react in a not so normal way and they will get killed...." I mean really, I've never heard of a pet dying from snagging of a halloween costume...
she also kept saying "you know, pets have feelings too... are you willing to embarass dogs just to get a laugh......it's cruel to do that to an animal"...and so on...

after she called everyone else called in to object to her statement... "my dog loves putting on a football jersey and he parades around in the house", one woman said...
another woman told listeners that her dogs need to wear sweaters or they will die of coldness (cause in Minnesota it gets to -40 below in the winter)

I mean seriously... I don't think animals are dying from wearing costumes... I just think that if your animal enjoys wearing one, let them wear it... I don't think you harm them in any way by dressing them up for a holiday...

what do you think???

do you dress your animal in a costume for halloween??
sarahf On October 08, 2013

ottawa, Canada
#2New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:26:31
we did that to my puppy when he was little he was so cute and all happy when we showed him to people

he didnt die either
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#3New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:34:33
people dress babys in stupid looking costumes and i aint heard anyone complaining about that

and for animals being made to wear costumes
i can just see it now,
animals getting counseling for mental anguish caused by costumes
mosthauntedlover On March 18, 2016

My House, Ohio
#4New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:39:07
Well my dog personally doesn't like them and he definately shows when he doesn't because he'll try to rip it off or something.. i think if the dog likes to wear the costume let them wear it! If they don't like it most of them will show it by trying to get it off.
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#5New Post! Oct 09, 2006 @ 17:40:24
@mark_is_god Said
people dress babys in stupid looking costumes and i aint heard anyone complaining about that

and for animals being made to wear costumes
i can just see it now,
animals getting counseling for mental anguish caused by costumes

counseling for animals..
mirandamunch On April 15, 2008

Melbourne, Australia
#6New Post! Oct 11, 2006 @ 21:53:29
i don't think animals like it that much because its not but of there natural behaviour.....i tried dressing my cat once and they nearly scratched by eye out.....there not humans and they don't get up in the morning and say"what shall i wear today"
delicate_snow_princess On February 18, 2007

Deleted

In a sunny dream, Florida
#7New Post! Oct 11, 2006 @ 21:57:26
I used to have a little doggie that would wear sweaters in the coldest part of the year.

He would get so cold when we took him outside to do his business and within minutes he would be sitting still shivering. Then my parents decided it would be ok to let me make him wear sweaters (and he was sooo cute).
steven On September 10, 2008

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 11, 2006 @ 22:00:19
@drummerwannabe Said
ok.. I was listening to the radio this morning.. the announcers were talking about how they want the listeners to send photos of their pets in holloween costumes....

like this...

then all the sudden they were told that they have a caller who didn't like the idea and they talked to the woman....

she told the listeners that she has been a member of PEDA for many years and told people how she totally objected putting animals through the whole "ordeal" of wearing a halloween costume... she kept saying "their costumes will get snagged on something...they will react in a not so normal way and they will get killed...." I mean really, I've never heard of a pet dying from snagging of a halloween costume...
she also kept saying "you know, pets have feelings too... are you willing to embarass dogs just to get a laugh......it's cruel to do that to an animal"...and so on...

after she called everyone else called in to object to her statement... "my dog loves putting on a football jersey and he parades around in the house", one woman said...
another woman told listeners that her dogs need to wear sweaters or they will die of coldness (cause in Minnesota it gets to -40 below in the winter)

I mean seriously... I don't think animals are dying from wearing costumes... I just think that if your animal enjoys wearing one, let them wear it... I don't think you harm them in any way by dressing them up for a holiday...

what do you think???

do you dress your animal in a costume for halloween??

It's not a very dignified out fit for such a beautiful animal, but as long as the dog didn't mind
emo_emu On December 20, 2006

Just Another Small Town,
#9New Post! Dec 15, 2006 @ 23:11:52
Really? She called the radio station up and said that? LMFAO that is so funny. Waaay too over sensitive, if you ask me . The day an animal dies from clothing

I dressed my dog up once. I gave him a t-shirt and such, it was kinna funny and cute at the same time . However, I don't make a habit out of it. Dressing your dog, cat, or whatever is just stupid. Why? Because it JUST does NOT look RIGHT because its not in their nature.
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#10New Post! Dec 15, 2006 @ 23:13:43
@emo_emu Said
Really? She called the radio station up and said that? LMFAO that is so funny. Waaay too over sensitive, if you ask me . The day an animal dies from clothing

I dressed my dog up once. I gave him a t-shirt and such, it was kinna funny and cute at the same time . However, I don't make a habit out of it. Dressing your dog, cat, or whatever is just stupid. Why? Because it JUST does NOT look RIGHT because its not in their nature.

yep.. she really called up the radio and said that

it was the most ridiculous and the most funny thing I have ever heard
cwaiggie On December 19, 2008

Townsville, Australia
#11New Post! Dec 30, 2006 @ 08:38:28
I am wondering why they wanted the pics? Where they going to hold them up to the mic and show everone?
yleise On November 12, 2007

, Australia
#12New Post! Dec 30, 2006 @ 21:48:50
I dress my chihauhau in sweaters and shirts. i even have a set of x/mas antlers for him to wear. its cute! he doesnt mind. dressing your pet is no different to dressing up a baby, yourself, or a friend. if that woman is going to get upset about dressing animals she should be protesting saddles on horses and camels. I think she just wanted to be on the radio and be different. she's a t***
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs