i just stopped eating meat

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Heath3r On February 21, 2010

Somewhere Sunny, California
#1New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:30:10
what do you think?

i just stopped eating meat after reading and going to slaughter houses. i love animals and the way they treat them makes me not want to eat meat ever again. i know there are free range farms where the animals run free until they kill them for us to eat but it just doesnt feel the same anymore.

i love eating nice bbq chicken or steak or a corndog haha. but the way i saw the animals being treating put me to tears. along with knowing all the hormones and steriods and antibiotics that they put in the animals food that we eat.

i still drink milk sorry i dont think i could ever give that up haha and i know the hormones still go through that. i know the pros and cons. im not looking for people to tell me im stupid or anything like that. i just want to know what people think about eating meat knowing that the animals get hurt and sometimes are still alive when they are hanging from the ceiling to being skinned or dunked into 140degree boiling water.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:33:33
I still eat meat, i love meat, i have been vegetarian in the past.

Nobody can judge you for the decision you have made, its entirely yours. Your body therefore you are in control of what you put in your stomach.

For some reason though people make assumptions about vegetarians and you will soon find out about that
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:37:20
Good luck to you!

Just make sure you get your iron and protein!

Go on the internet and find out what you need to eat to replace meat nutritionally. I think oats and seeds have iron but apart from eggs I'm not sure what has protein in it.
peculiar On May 05, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:38:51
i love meat there's a joint of turkey in the oven now but it aint ready 40 minutes
weaksauce On May 28, 2011

DFW, Texas
#5New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:40:22
@Heath3r Said

what do you think?

i just stopped eating meat after reading and going to slaughter houses. i love animals and the way they treat them makes me not want to eat meat ever again. i know there are free range farms where the animals run free until they kill them for us to eat but it just doesnt feel the same anymore.

i love eating nice bbq chicken or steak or a corndog haha. but the way i saw the animals being treating put me to tears. along with knowing all the hormones and steriods and antibiotics that they put in the animals food that we eat.

i still drink milk sorry i dont think i could ever give that up haha and i know the hormones still go through that. i know the pros and cons. im not looking for people to tell me im stupid or anything like that. i just want to know what people think about eating meat knowing that the animals get hurt and sometimes are still alive when they are hanging from the ceiling to being skinned or dunked into 140degree boiling water.

its not stupid at all. i just finished my month long vegetarian diet myself. I felt the first four days were the hardest. Your going to need to subsidize your protein intake though. Otherwise you will feel weak. good luck you ya and let us know how it goes.
LaPtiteSue On August 10, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#6New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:41:38
You are not the only one to have made that decision. And that's what it is - your decision. I made the same decision 7 years ago and don't regret it. I did it for the same reason as you and also because of health issues. Speak to a dietician to see how you can get your iron and calcium in other ways.
But like Treebee said: "For some reason though people make assumptions about vegetarians and you will soon find out about that"
soypuke On May 13, 2009

Deleted

#7New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:43:49
Good for you, i went vegan only 3 months later of being vegetarian, it was a good choice for me. Good luck!

-, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:44:55
As a vegan what do you actually eat to keep up your calcium/proteign/iron levels?
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#9New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:44:58
@Heath3r Said

what do you think?

It's a decision I have been pondering myself. I love meat, but the hormones and antibiotics being pumped into the animals is very scary. I've observed animals being slaughtered and it was done humanely but, no doubt there are cases of cruelty out there. bybee
soypuke On May 13, 2009

Deleted

#10New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:47:50
@dumdedum Said

As a vegan what do you actually eat to keep up your calcium/proteign/iron levels?

Beans, nuts, orange juice, brocoli, kale, ect.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:50:03
I was vegetarian through both pregnancies and managed to stay perfectly healthy, as long as you are eating greens and nuts, although i did eat dairy, i was never vegan, but my grandmother has been vegan all her life and she is 92 and still mobile with all her marbles.
weaksauce On May 28, 2011

DFW, Texas
#12New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 17:51:41
@dumdedum Said

beans for protein, oat and wheat have iron in them, calcium - Tofu, Rhubarb, Collard greens, Spinach, Turnip greens, Okra, White beans, Baked beans, Broccoli, Peas ,Brussel sprouts ,Sesame seeds ,Bok choy, Almonds
Heath3r On February 21, 2010

Somewhere Sunny, California
#13New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 19:02:08
glad to hear some of you are vegan. thats my next step just dont know when that one is gonna happen. i love my milk!!! and the others just arent the same for me.
desperadO On May 04, 2009

Deleted

prisoner, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 19:04:57
@Heath3r Said

glad to hear some of you are vegan. thats my next step just dont know when that one is gonna happen. i love my milk!!! and the others just arent the same for me.

you get used to the taste,soya milks the best,hated it at first,but cant tell the difference anymore

-, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Mar 05, 2009 @ 23:07:09
@weaksauce Said

beans for protein, oat and wheat have iron in them, calcium - Tofu, Rhubarb, Collard greens, Spinach, Turnip greens, Okra, White beans, Baked beans, Broccoli, Peas ,Brussel sprouts ,Sesame seeds ,Bok choy, Almonds

(Y) Sounds good
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs